Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Car Problems--Advice?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Car Problems--Advice? Aaron Scott
Were letting my 14-year-old son drive around in the field behind the church. He didn't recognize that he was driving through soft, muddy grass...until he got stuck. He shut off the car (apparently--maybe it died, I don't know), came in and let us know.

When we went out to see if we could get it unstuck, the car would not start at all--wouldn't even turn over or click, etc. ONLY when we jumped it would it start...and then, almost the moment my wife put it in gear or put her foot on the brake, it would die.

We jumped the car off multiple times until I lost my sanctification. After praying-through, I returned and spoke a curse on the car, which, so far as I could tell, did not intimidate it at all into starting.

So there it sits. Still. This was four months ago (OK, 3 days ago), and it is still stuck. About the time we think we can get a vehicle back there to pull it out, it rains again, making it almost a sure bet to get the other vehicle stuck.

It is a 2002 Lexus GS300. We can't figure out why it getting stuck made it so that the car simply will not start or even turn over without a jump.

HELP!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/3/18 12:04 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
If the tailpipe is buried in mud, it is unlikely to start or run for long if it starts. Probably need to get somebody with a tractor to pull it out is my guess. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/3/18 12:09 pm

Post Sounds like a plan.... Aaron Scott
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
If the tailpipe is buried in mud, it is unlikely to start or run for long if it starts. Probably need to get somebody with a tractor to pull it out is my guess.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/3/18 3:12 pm

Post diakoneo
Did you check the battery cable connections? Sounds like bad connection.

If good connection pull the battery and take to autozone(advance or oreily) to check. If battery is good you may have a bad alternator...they can check those too.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/3/18 9:32 pm

Post Cojak
QW is most probably right. Even if not, Actually a good tow truck will have a winch and get him out without tearing up the lot more. He would also knoew the best way to hook the lines to not damage the auto .

It just logically seems to be associated with the earth and mechanics rather than just mechanics. JMO

Good luck..... BTW good for you letting the dude drive in the field. Smile You are a pretty good daddy! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/4/18 11:01 pm

Post FLRon
I’m curious, did you figure out the problem yet?
7/12/18 8:43 pm

Post A wise man said... Preacher777
Nobody likes being around a redneck until their car breaks down. On a serious note, I hope your car is running fine again. Friendly Face
7/13/18 6:04 am

Post Link
I did something similar with the large family Buick when I was a young man. But I was back there washing it. Washing the car created mud. But the thing would still start. I am trying to rememer how we got it out. It might have involved using our fan which had a tow ball on the back. In my case, the wheels were spinning in the mud and the car would not move, so it just needed a little help as opposed to another vehicle towing the weight of the whole car through the mud.

You might be able to get AAA for about $80 for the year and use one of the tows they allot to you. You get so many tows and so many jumps per year for that price. They allowed me to sign up after my car already needed a jump or tow before.
7/21/18 9:02 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic