Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Tithing and reporting consistency

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Tithing and reporting consistency Cojak
It looks like this is on the GA agenda. How do you feel about it?

For various reasons, some Church of God credentialed ministers find themselves attending and financially supporting churches other than a local Church of God congregation. While not seeking to create a hardship for these ministers, it is felt that only those who are actively supporting a local Church of God congregation with their attendance and tithe should be given the right to express a vote/evaluation on a state/regional overseer.

The reasoning is twofold. First, this measure protects the integrity of the vote of the actively engaged minister. The credentialed minister’s vote is not diluted by that of someone who is not attending or tithing in a local Church of God congregation. Second, this measure ensures the state/regional overseer vote/evaluation reflects the opinion of those who are most aware of his leadership.

Just wondering what the average COG pastor/member thinks?
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/16/18 10:09 pm

Post Da Sheik
I don’t have a problem with it but seems like it might be difficult to enforce. Not sure how much weight a preferential vote carries anyway. Seems like almost all appointments are political.

I’ve been expressing my preference for years on here. It’s time to do away with all of these paid administrators. Let a pastor serve as AB. It can be done effectively. Our AB’s and YD’s and assistant overseers are all too far removed from the pastorate. They’re so used to lording over others, they no longer have a servant’s mindset. Surely there are exceptions because I just swept with a broad brush. But I’m passionate about the topic.
Acts Enthusiast
7/17/18 8:12 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
How about enforcing the COG pastors to pay their TOT by the 5th of the month and report the full amount instead of a token amount. When they became credential ministers, they promised to support the organization with their TOT. Apparently some pastors are encouraging their people to put their money in as an offering instead of tithe. That is WRONG. I know of a church in the south that has over 900 in attendance and their tithe is around $5,000 on their report. We know that is not correct. Yet another church in their district has approximately 400 in attendance and their tithe is $30,000 +.

We always sent in our reports by the 5th of each month and if it came in as tithe, it was recorded as tithe. Sure it would have been easier to keep a portion of that money, but if you expect your people to tithe, then the church should pay its tithe on tithe to state and general. I have a motto, the devil ALWAYS justifies sin and if he can get us to be like the two in Acts who lied to the Man of God and God, he will be sly and deceiving us.
The devil will say, well I don't like the way the state or general headquarters spend the money, they can't please everyone and they will have to stand before God if they do wrong. But we have to be honest and have a good integrity. JMOP
Friendly Face
7/17/18 9:44 am

Post Paying into general fund COG Watcher
First let me say that I’m not a pastor but have served in leadership roles for years. My wife and I have recently changed from marking the tithe box tomarhing general fund so that our money stays in our local church. My reason is this, I’ve never seen the state or national office do anything but take, take, take. Our church at one time was the largest in the state but due to splits and other issues we are down to about 300. We have had times that we couldn’t make payroll and not one time did the state office help us. We’ve had major repairs needed on our building, that they own and again no help. Now I will tell anyone who asks how I pay my tithes and why. Hey, DOC
7/25/18 5:34 pm

Post My grandma said ... Mat
My grandma said, "its a poor frog that can't croak for its own pond." Whatever denomination hold credentials in, you should support it, or give up your credentials.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
7/26/18 7:53 am

Post Cojak
This subject is one example of why I tend to be a middle-of-the-roader type of guy. I hear (or read) opinions on subjects and say to myself, "he is right!" then I hear her say something apposing his statement and think, "SHE IS RIGHT!"
Most 'subjects have two sides because of circumstance' it would be wonderful if on touchy subjects we could find some middle ground and SOLVE problems instead of different elements kicking the can down the road.

But no matter the results here, DaSheik is right, this would be very hard to enforce until you become like the LDS and can require tax returns and W-2's to be produced.. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/26/18 9:04 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic