Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Biggest Negative Takeaway from GA18
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post when you say "takeaways" aprilmay2.0
could you use it in a sentence like this?

"The COG will "takeaway" your money and call it a tithe of tithe."
Friendly Face
7/10/18 3:10 pm

Post Re: Now Now NBF MegaBoss
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
MegaBoss wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Agreed QW.

If it is something you can predict in advance - it isn't a takeaway.

I remember anticipating my first conference. Twisted Evil Hopefully there is a nursery section for Megaman.
Or is it Nega-boss?

QW You did not miss anything as he relates to having Women as Ordained Bishops. The Negative is that we are not addressing it and the result is Women will not be given the same and equal rights of the present Ordained Bishop rank and file. To me, that is a negative takeaway. and thanks for all the clarification of my "thoughts".

Now, NBF, What is the Deal? Are you still dwelling in your adolescences wishing you were the big kid on the block when in reality you got you butt kick everyday. NBF, NBF that kinda goes with Nutter Butter Freak or better, Nothing Brain Fatigue!

Oh well, again just asking this board to think a little and respond. Personally, I wanted to know if anyone in Acts-land actually had concerns going into this Assembly with the Agenda, items included and NOT included, and if so, what could we come up with as a solution.

We are waiting with anticipation or your sage advice on how to get a great solution.

We just won't get any takeaways until after the conference.

But you've apparently printed your negative nelly list already...sorely lacking in any positive outlook.

But, then again, anyone that needs to call themselves the "MegaBoss" is probably confident and very humble with his personal accomplishments, right?

Well, well ... NBF the boy wonder is such a chipper person! and so very funny.

So, since you are the demi-god of positive why don't you enlighten all of us on all the Positives coming from Orlando in GA18.

Since you have always had a picture of that blow hard Ric Flair - preach to us oh wise one the wisdom and look of Oz the magnificent!

oh ... oh ... what is that? is that whimpering coming from NBF?

Well, get on with it Mr. Positive and show us the way!!!

Sad Sad Sad
7/10/18 8:18 pm

Post Re: when you say "takeaways" MegaBoss
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
could you use it in a sentence like this?

"The COG will "takeaway" your money and call it a tithe of tithe."

Wow!
7/10/18 8:21 pm

Post Re: Now Now NBF Carolyn Smith
MegaBoss wrote:

QW You did not miss anything as he relates to having Women as Ordained Bishops. The Negative is that we are not addressing it and the result is Women will not be given the same and equal rights of the present Ordained Bishop rank and file. To me, that is a negative takeaway. and thanks for all the clarification of my "thoughts".

I don't think this is right. The bishops are supposed to receive a 35 page "conclusion" about studying the word "bishop." Surely it's going to be discussed somehow, even if a decision isn't reached till 2020.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/10/18 8:23 pm

Post Re: Now Now NBF MegaBoss
Carolyn Smith wrote:
MegaBoss wrote:

I don't think this is right. The bishops are supposed to receive a 35 page "conclusion" about studying the word "bishop." Surely it's going to be discussed somehow, even if a decision isn't reached till 2020.

I think you may well be right!

I believe there are three "special order of the day" Not sure of the specifics.
7/10/18 8:57 pm

Post Re: Now Now NBF Quiet Wyatt
Carolyn Smith wrote:
MegaBoss wrote:

From a recent post by Tom Sterbens in the Excellent Ministry of the CoG Facebook forum:

“I FOUND THIS WHILE SEARCHING for some entirely different...really.
14 YEARS!!!! OMG!!

*2006* GENERAL COUNCIL AGENDA
11. ORDAINED BISHOP – MEANING AND USAGE OF
TITLE (Study)
EXPLANATORY NOTE: The 2004 General Council adopted
the following motion:
That a study be conducted and theological papers prepared, defining the meaning and usage of the title Ordained Bishop, in order to clarify the intent of the Executive Council with respect to nomenclature for ministerial rank in the Church of God. Further, that said study be brought back to the 2006 International General Assembly and that the results of such study be included in the Minutes of the International General Assembly of the Church of God. (See booklet, The Meaning and Usage of the Term Bishop.)

*2018* GENERAL COUNCIL AGENDA
XIII. Meaning and Usage of the Term Bishop
RATIONALE:
The “Further Study” was assigned the responsibility to address the need to change current nomenclature in order to clarify the intent of the International General Council with respect to the designation of the ministerial rank (bishop) in the Church of God; and also address the relatedness of three issues, including the following:
(1) titles for all ranks of ministry,
(2) qualifications of ministry, and
(3) women in ministry.

After comprehensive review of the research, information, and data of the “Further Study” as mandated by the International General Council for presentation to the 2018 International General Assembly, and the repeated calls for study and further study for more than a decade, the following recommendation is submitted for consideration:
Note: [A copy of the Further Study Report of the Meaning and Usage of the Term “Bishop” is included in your registration material.]

We recommend:
That open Ministry Forums be conducted globally to provide opportunity for deliberate and meaningful discussion, dialogue, questions/answers and time for spiritual insight regarding the importance and understanding of ministry ranks, qualifications, and women in ministry with attention upon the meaning and usage of the title “bishop.” Following the forums, appropriate
motion(s) be formulated by the International Executive Council specifically addressing the stated issues and brought to the 2020 International General Council.”
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/10/18 11:55 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I hope they will make the “Further Study” booklet available to those of us who are not able to attend the General Assembly.

Upon further reflection, I do believe it would probably be best to release the study now, not vote on anything related to the issue this time, then conduct the Open Ministry Forums worldwide over the next two years, and THEN hopefully we will choose to return to our earlier nomenclature of “Ordained Minister;” “Licensed Minister,” and “Exhorter,” with women being able to be equitably ordained along with men.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/11/18 12:03 am

Post Re: Biggest Negative Takeaway from GA18 Aaron Emily
MegaBoss wrote:
Predictive!

Besides the obvious of not allowing women reach the third rank of ministry in the COG.

What do you see that will be the biggest negative generated from the GA?

Yawn! Tired of hearing about this. So easy to down the Church of God but people will benefit from our great movement, while they down it. . scripture is clear that women can't be bishops. But I do wish that qualified women, just like qualified men, could sit on the floor. That is the great issue. How to proceed to this outcome.
7/14/18 10:20 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic