Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Your View of God: Would Job have went to hell if he had turned from God?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Your View of God: Would Job have went to hell if he had turned from God? Aaron Scott
If someone who lived a life of extraordinary righteousness lost ALL their children and wealth in one day, then, while I couldn't condone it, I think I could at least UNDERSTAND it if they turned away from God. Consider that this man likely lost more (at least in terms of this life) than even the worst of sinners...and he had been perhaps the best of men.

The questions:

1) Since God knew that He had permitted this tragedy due to, it seems, a sort of "wager" with the devil, would He have overlooked Job's reaction?

2) Would God have overlooked it due to how Job had lived his life before then?

3) Would God have overlooked Job's reaction due to the extremity of the situation--i.e., a situation where the range of normal responses has to be tossed out the window?

4) Would God have sent Job to hell for turning his back on Him?

Compare this, too, with how Moses, after all he had done for the Lord, all he had put up with from the murmuring Israelites, was not permitted to enter the Promised Land because of one moment of anger/disobedience.

At the same time, some claim that Job lived well before Moses. Does the fact that the Law had not been given play any role at all?

Thoughts?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/12/18 8:25 am

Post diakoneo
I think God knew what Job was made of to begin with. He knows our thoughts from "far off". I don't think we necessarily go through trials so that God can see what we are made of. He already knows. We go through trials so that we can see and so that Principalities in heavenly places will know.

That is just my opinion of course. Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/12/18 9:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic