Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

what are enneagrams?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post what are enneagrams? MoonWalkingWithJesus
https://religionnews.com/2017/09/05/what-is-the-enneagram-and-why-are-christians-suddenly-so-enamored-by-it/

I have noticed more and more churches and denominations are focusing time on these personality profiles called enneagrams. They are commonly repackaged under different names. I have even seen this go on in Cog circles. I have seen these things or it’s princles in church growth literature all over the country. Am I over reacting or am I on to something here in this article?

I have seen this repackaged as the Meyers-Briggs and spiritual gifts test.

Friendly Face
6/21/18 9:35 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
It goes on in business, sports, and yes, religion.

I know the COG MIP program was using a "understanding your personality" tool 25 years ago.

It is not anything new.

Your point?
6/22/18 6:52 am

Post FLRon
I have taken several different types of personality tests when I was a business manager. Some of them are remarkably accurate in their assessment. I forget which one it was,but one of them indicated my greatest strengths we're social and pastoral work. It fit me to a "T". Used correctly they can be a valuable tool in lining up ones job responsibilities. Used incorrectly,they can place you in a box that can be hard to break free of.
6/22/18 9:42 am

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
Lee university has taken a form of this with there freshman gateway. I know that a lot of college accreditation hinges on providing these test. While a friend was taking classes at regent university they were making sure that students took a full cults and new age movements class before they took the accreditation agency’s “required testing.” Meaning regent wasn’t a fan of it and had educate first so that student made up there minds in light of the gospel. They still teach these courses but they teach it from an intellectual studies point of view rather than pushing student head strong into these personality profiles or at least that was what there professor did. My concern is that psychology and personality profiles are becoming like a intellectual version of a horoscope or astrology. Friendly Face
6/22/18 1:39 pm

Post philunderwood
You overthink things. In addition, instead of coming here after reading one article in Religion News, shows you do not really want to know about something because this is not a research site. Spend fifteen minutes on Google.

Now, as if you are interested, the basic difference between MB and Enneagram is that MB looks at personality being inborn and Enneagram takes in your external shaping by family, circumstances, etc, that add to your base personality.

It is NOT cultic, exotic, new age or anything other than great research that enables human understanding both on a subjective and an objective level.

Sheesh, some people!

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
6/22/18 3:27 pm

Post The issue I have with it... Aaron Scott
My issue is that all of the possibilities are flattering.

Alas, where is the "Stupid Jerk" or the "Oblivious Idiot" or the "Mentally Deficient Gator Fan" and the such? We ALL know people like this (especially the latter), that RICHLY DESERVE such designations. But this test is just further proof of PC run amuck.

If I were making a TEST, I would start simple. For instance:

1) Are you Cojak? If so, stop right here. You already have it altogether and have no need to improve. If you are not Cojak, realize that you are unfortunate and continue to the next question.

2) Are you Tom Sterbens? If yes, can you unpack that for us in a way that remains faithful to the tension between our eschatological longings and our human frailties? If you are not Tom Sterbens, consider yourself blessed and continue to the next question.

3) Are you Isa58:12? If so, learn how to speak and spell in English, then blow the ram's horn and play upon the psaltery while trying to convince yourself that pork chops are the devil's work. If you are not, Isa58:12, give thanks as you take a bite of thick-sliced Benton bacon...and continue to the next question.

4) Are you NBF? If yes, slap yourself with a hammer. No, a bigger hammer. Bigger. No, bigger. There you go. Then, using a 30-foot rope, tie the back of your undershorts to a 40-foot high bridge...then jump. If you are not NBF, consider yourself fortunate and continue to the next question.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/22/18 4:28 pm

Post Re: The issue I have with it... MoonWalkingWithJesus
Aaron Scott wrote:

Alas, where is the "Stupid Jerk" or the "Oblivious Idiot" or the "Mentally Deficient Gator Fan" and the such? We ALL know people like this (especially the latter), that RICHLY DESERVE such designations. But this test is just further proof of PC run amuck.

If I were making a TEST, I would start simple. For instance:

1) Are you Cojak? If so, stop right here. You already have it altogether and have no need to improve. If you are not Cojak, realize that you are unfortunate and continue to the next question.

2) Are you Tom Sterbens? If yes, can you unpack that for us in a way that remains faithful to the tension between our eschatological longings and our human frailties? If you are not Tom Sterbens, consider yourself blessed and continue to the next question.

3) Are you Isa58:12? If so, learn how to speak and spell in English, then blow the ram's horn and play upon the psaltery while trying to convince yourself that pork chops are the devil's work. If you are not, Isa58:12, give thanks as you take a bite of thick-sliced Benton bacon...and continue to the next question.

4) Are you NBF? If yes, slap yourself with a hammer. No, a bigger hammer. Bigger. No, bigger. There you go. Then, using a 30-foot rope, tie the back of your undershorts to a 40-foot high bridge...then jump. If you are not NBF, consider yourself fortunate and continue to the next question.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

👍🏾👍🏾 You are too funny... good one
6/22/18 6:18 pm

Post Cojak
(Aaron, the check is in the mail!)

I must tell you there are times I am glad I am old. I have never heard of an enneagram thank goodness. My spell checker also has never heard of one.

Anyway, now that I have read a little about it. I will file it with the horoscope, where there are no negatives.

However I am not agin everything anymore,I don't think.........
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/22/18 10:00 pm

Post Re: The issue I have with it... Tom Sterbens
Aaron Scott wrote:

Alas, where is the "Stupid Jerk" or the "Oblivious Idiot"

Walk away Tom, just walk away...

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/11/18 8:57 pm

Post Re: The issue I have with it... Tom Sterbens
Aaron Scott wrote:

Alas, where is the "Stupid Jerk" or the "Oblivious Idiot"?

OK...so I couldn't walk away...

Pray for me...
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/11/18 9:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic