Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

But muh abortions......

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post But muh abortions...... caseyleejones
It is always about abortion it seems when there is a new scotus pick. I remember back during the Reagan era....we all thought abortion would be outlawed.

But, if I remember correctly a post made here 10 years ago....You can have 9 Pat Robertsons and abortion will still be legal.

The very worst case here is that it is kicked to the states...I don't see that happening.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/10/18 11:42 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
It is true Casey - a win at the Supreme Court is not to write a new law outlawing abortion - it is to remove the "law" that required everyone to live with murdering unborn children up until the time of 9 month delivery.

Each state or the Congress can and should write the law the country or state should live by.

It should have never been decreed from the SC.

I do believe a host of restrictions will get voted in if it is overturned in some states...but not all.

But the hysteria saying the new Supreme Court nominee will outlaw all abortions just isn't based in fact. Only Democratic nominees do that.

I am concerned that this guy has a very light record ruling on abortion cases - much like Reagan's pick that he is replacing. We could be Kennedyed or Soutered again. Dems always get 100% voting the way they want. Republicans only get it right about 50% of the time.

I guess we will see.
7/10/18 2:18 pm

Post diakoneo
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
It is true Casey - a win at the Supreme Court is not to write a new law outlawing abortion - it is to remove the "law" that required everyone to live with murdering unborn children up until the time of 9 month delivery.

Each state or the Congress can and should write the law the country or state should live by.

I do believe a host of restrictions will get voted in if it is overturned in some states...but not all.

But the hysteria saying the new Supreme Court nominee will outlaw all abortions just isn't based in fact. Only Democratic nominees do that.

I am concerned that this guy has a very light record ruling on abortion cases - much like Reagan's pick that he is replacing. We could be Kennedyed or Soutered again. Dems always get 100% voting the way they want. Republicans only get it right about 50% of the time.

I guess we will see.

In this situation I suppose he doesn't want to get "Borked" as opposed to being Kennedyed or Soutered...
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/10/18 3:32 pm

Post Yep, Souter all over.... caseyleejones

I guess we will see.

I think he will be very similar to Kennedy.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/10/18 7:06 pm

Post Re: Yep, Souter all over.... diakoneo
caseyleejones wrote:

I guess we will see.

I think he will be very similar to Kennedy.

He would probably be an improvement over Justice Roberts who was the swing vote in the biggest government overreach in history AKA ACA LOL...

Quote:
While Scalia observed decorum and didn’t attack Roberts directly, Scalia took a swipe at the chief by invoking Roberts’ 2012 opinion holding Obamacare’s individual mandate constitutional as a tax.

“We should start calling this law SCOTUScare,” Scalia wrote. “This Court’s two decisions on the Act will surely be remembered through the years. The somersaults of statutory interpretation they have performed (“penalty” means tax, “further [Medicaid] payments to the State” means only incremental Medicaid payments to the State, “established by the State” means not established by the State) will be cited by litigants endlessly, to the confusion of honest jurisprudence.”

While Scalia’s opinion is free of profanity, it does declare some of Roberts’ reasoning “pure applesauce.”
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/10/18 9:24 pm

Post Re: But muh abortions...... Cojak
caseyleejones wrote:
It is always about abortion it seems when there is a new scotus pick. I remember back during the Reagan era....we all thought abortion would be outlawed.

But, if I remember correctly a post made here 10 years ago....You can have 9 Pat Robertsons and abortion will still be legal.

The very worst case here is that it is kicked to the states...I don't see that happening.

The political 'kick the can'. The feel good idea that will never come to fruition. Possible kicked to the states, but most likely over time will remain the same. Crying or Very sad So, what we need is a conservative and that SOON not this fall. Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/11/18 7:57 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic