Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump's New Taxes-- Ouch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I Am So Saddened by These Posts FG Minister
No one has compared Mr. Trump to Idi Amin. It's obvious that you want me to say that so you can attack me. I would never compare Trump to Amin. I am comparing Amin's SUPPORTERS to Trump SUPPORTERS. The analogy was not about the two men at all, it was about people who blindly support their leader as long as they get what they want. Come on guys, you sound like democrats twisting the words of a conservative republican.

As a conservative, I like most of Trumps policies and his results. I like the wall along the border, I like his pro-America stance, I like his stand on Israel. I also like most of the results he has brought to our country - but I feel he is such a flawed human being he needs to be challenged about his behavior. I'd like to have an honest discussion with you guys, but you prefer to attack instead of looking at a rational argument. As a gospel preacher I tell people that behavior matters. Our actions reveal what is in our hearts.

I also own an organizational development company and when we teach managers how to conduct performance reviews, we tell them to look at two sides of the equation; results and behavior. For example, if a salesperson does a great job and increases sales by 100%, that is to be rewarded. However, if the person increased sales by stealing business, lying, and cheating, his performance review must reflect that. One cannot rate an employee based on results alone. One must also review his/her character. I think this extends to our President as well.
Acts-celerater
6/19/18 9:59 am

Post Re: I Am So Saddened by These Posts Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:
No one has compared Mr. Trump to Idi Amin. It's obvious that you want me to say that so you can attack me. I would never compare Trump to Amin. I am comparing Amin's SUPPORTERS to Trump SUPPORTERS. The analogy was not about the two men at all, it was about people who blindly support their leader as long as they get what they want. Come on guys, you sound like democrats twisting the words of a conservative republican.

As a conservative, I like most of Trumps policies and his results. I like the wall along the border, I like his pro-America stance, I like his stand on Israel. I also like most of the results he has brought to our country - but I feel he is such a flawed human being he needs to be challenged about his behavior. I'd like to have an honest discussion with you guys, but you prefer to attack instead of looking at a rational argument. As a gospel preacher I tell people that behavior matters. Our actions reveal what is in our hearts.

I also own an organizational development company and when we teach managers how to conduct performance reviews, we tell them to look at two sides of the equation; results and behavior. For example, if a salesperson does a great job and increases sales by 100%, that is to be rewarded. However, if the person increased sales by stealing business, lying, and cheating, his performance review must reflect that. One cannot rate an employee based on results alone. One must also review his/her character. I think this extends to our President as well.

Wow - you offer a mea culpa - and you make it worse.
It's Trump's supporters that would back Idi Amin.
#sad
6/19/18 10:16 am

Post No Mea Culpa Here FG Minister
I just tried to clarify my argument and it appears that I did. Yes, people who blindly support a leader and care nothing about his behavior, are all in the same lot. Maybe not to the same degree, but of the same ilk. Yes, many of Trump's supporters would have supported Amin - as long as he would have given them the results they wanted! I just hope they wouldn't have dinner with him - you never know what or who could be on the menu. Acts-celerater
6/19/18 12:50 pm

Post Re: No Mea Culpa Here Resident Skeptic
FG Minister wrote:
I just tried to clarify my argument and it appears that I did. Yes, people who blindly support a leader and care nothing about his behavior, are all in the same lot. Maybe not to the same degree, but of the same ilk. Yes, many of Trump's supporters would have supported Amin - as long as he would have given them the results they wanted! I just hope they wouldn't have dinner with him - you never know what or who could be on the menu.

One false narrative after another. Trump certainly has the Bronx attitude and demeanor. But most of his open contempt is aimed at others who, though having a personality more to your liking, have done everything in their power to bring this country to its knees. But their better manners keep you blinded to
the rot and filth that dwells within them, and you view them as victims of Trump's harshness instead. Rather petty of you.
6/19/18 3:25 pm

Post Please Help Me Understand Your Logic RS FG Minister
So, if the recipient of Mr. Trump's vitriol is deserving of his hatred, his mocking, his belittling, his cursing, then it's OK? In other words, if the recipient of the bullying deserves it, then the bully is exonerated. This is a new philosophy to me - it sounds more like Buddhism than Christianity. I think the Buddhists call it Karma - you get what you deserve. Can you help me understand where I can find this in the Bible. I went to Christian seminaries and didn't learn this. Please help me understand. Acts-celerater
6/19/18 4:03 pm

Post Re: I Am So Saddened by These Posts UncleJD
I'm saddened too. But not surprised since the MO of all of the Trump hysteria proponents has been ad hominem attacks against anyone supporting any policy of trump by calling them fascists, nazis, racists, etc.. Its the same every single time. No room for fact or a search for the truth, just look at the surface of an issue and if you can make it look terrible and pin it on Trump and his supporters, that's what you do. Very sad indeed. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/19/18 6:02 pm

Post Re: Please Help Me Understand Your Logic RS Resident Skeptic
FG Minister wrote:
So, if the recipient of Mr. Trump's vitriol is deserving of his hatred, his mocking, his belittling, his cursing, then it's OK? In other words, if the recipient of the bullying deserves it, then the bully is exonerated. This is a new philosophy to me - it sounds more like Buddhism than Christianity. I think the Buddhists call it Karma - you get what you deserve. Can you help me understand where I can find this in the Bible. I went to Christian seminaries and didn't learn this. Please help me understand.

Did Agag deserve to be hacked to death? Why are you obsessing over Trump saying derogatory things to people who are trying to destroy the country? If a guy raped a girl, and the girl's father called him every bad name in the book, would you defend the rapist? That is exactly what you are doing.
6/19/18 9:19 pm

Post Link
UncleJD wrote:
The new tax code doubles the tax credits and pays you even if you don't owe taxes . Maybe you're looking at tax bracket only, and not figuring in all of the credits.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2017/12/21/how-will-the-expanded-child-tax-credit-look-after-tax-reform/#62d25bca4205

I ran a brief incomplete version of my taxes on an online H&R Block tax calculator and I was better under the old system. I'm overseas and probably won't be overseas much next year, so my baseline to compare it to doesn't really exist. The old exemptions were $4050 per child. $2000 a month per child in free money doesn't offset those exemptions.

Just a few years ago when I was in grad school, if I could have pocketed those tax credit without earning much, that would have been very helpful. I could see how the plan could really help the very poor who are marginally employed and do not earn enough to reach the old exemptions.

I would imagine people on welfare could actually make money with the new credits as long as they can claim they provide half their children's support and they live with them or whatever the qualifications are. An extra $2000 per child for a single mother with 10 kids sounds pretty nice. But it doesn't do much for families in the middle class with lots of kids who could benefit more from $2050 more per child to offset income.
6/20/18 4:45 am

Post UncleJD
Link wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
The new tax code doubles the tax credits and pays you even if you don't owe taxes . Maybe you're looking at tax bracket only, and not figuring in all of the credits.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2017/12/21/how-will-the-expanded-child-tax-credit-look-after-tax-reform/#62d25bca4205

I ran a brief incomplete version of my taxes on an online H&R Block tax calculator and I was better under the old system. I'm overseas and probably won't be overseas much next year, so my baseline to compare it to doesn't really exist. The old exemptions were $4050 per child. $2000 a month per child in free money doesn't offset those exemptions.

Just a few years ago when I was in grad school, if I could have pocketed those tax credit without earning much, that would have been very helpful. I could see how the plan could really help the very poor who are marginally employed and do not earn enough to reach the old exemptions.

I would imagine people on welfare could actually make money with the new credits as long as they can claim they provide half their children's support and they live with them or whatever the qualifications are. An extra $2000 per child for a single mother with 10 kids sounds pretty nice. But it doesn't do much for families in the middle class with lots of kids who could benefit more from $2050 more per child to offset income.

Thanks for getting back to the subject Smile I agree that it doesn't help everyone. Particularly those with good incomes with a lot of children (unless they use childcare I reckon). They said it helps about 80 - 90% of Americans, meaning it doesn't help everyone. But the biggest lie from the left was that it somehow hurt the poor, a blatant lie. I do need to research the provision for who you can claim as a dependent a little further, from what I heard/read so far, they expanded that to include more people and bigger deductions for parents, extended family, etc.. that can be claimed.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/20/18 9:57 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic