Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Swaggart thread moved

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Swaggart thread moved JLarry
I moved the questionable thread about Swaggart.

IMO it was uncalled for, for the record I am not a fan. If a admin wishes to bring it back so be it.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
6/15/18 7:11 pm

Post Cojak
Good decision!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/15/18 9:25 pm

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
It was an honest question should someone speak at his church. The guy was not restored by the A/G the trip the was poor taste. May I ask why I can’t ask these questions? Especially when they question us openly on there tv network.... where was it move to? Plus is the COG really this insecure. Leadership doesn’t need to go on a “WITCH-HUNT” on free speech. You will make someone start a new site with NO FILTERS.

Last edited by MoonWalkingWithJesus on 6/15/18 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
6/15/18 11:28 pm

Post We can attack bill johnson MoonWalkingWithJesus
We can attack bill Johnson from bethel, and other minsters on this site openly but if Someone brings this and everyone gets there underwear in a bunch.

Last edited by MoonWalkingWithJesus on 6/16/18 3:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
6/15/18 11:38 pm

Our leadership will go to satan. if it means advertising for campmeeting and someone selling Records.
6/15/18 11:49 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
MoonWalkingWithJesus wrote:
Our leadership will go to satan. if it means advertising for campmeeting and someone selling Records.

And now this thread goes totally out of line.

Our Presiding Bishop has been very open about why he went to Jimmy Swaggart's church. He went to build bridges and preach the gospel. Sure is better than burning them, like some of you are on your way to doing. A lot of people within and outside of the COG were blessed by the message.

Honestly, what is wrong with you people that can't say a kind word about anybody or anything? It never fails to amaze me.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/16/18 12:22 am

Post Moon, may I interject? roughridercog

In my opinion, that remark was uncalled for and personally, I think we should be better than not. Everything I've personally observed about our leadership denotes him to be a man of faith and vision. Would I preach for Swaggart? Friend, I will preach the Gospel at Kingdom Hall or any Morman temple if they'd give me the chance.

Maybe you should rethink your harsh statement. The only reason this part of the thread is still here is because Mods can't pull out and delete a single post. We can only move threads for Admns to review.

But if I could, I'd delete this part of the thread. Just giving you my opinion.
6/16/18 5:40 am

Post Dave Dorsey

I agree with roughrider. This comment is over the line.

I understand the criticism of going to Swaggert's church, and non-personal criticism of things people do or say is appropriate. But this goes over the line because it is a comment regarding character and motive. That is always inappropriate here.

If you read any of my critical posts about Bethel Church, you will find that they always focus on declared doctrine and actions, never character or motive. Personal comments about character and motive are always inappropriate here, no matter how much you may disagree with someone.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/18 7:23 am

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:

I agree with roughrider. This comment is over the line.

I understand the criticism of going to Swaggert's church, and non-personal criticism of things people do or say is appropriate. But this goes over the line because it is a comment regarding character and motive. That is always inappropriate here.

If you read any of my critical posts about Bethel Church, you will find that they always focus on declared doctrine and actions, never character or motive. Personal comments about character and motive are always inappropriate here, no matter how much you may disagree with someone.
Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/16/18 7:46 am

Post Carolyn that was not the thread I moved JLarry
The thread I moved was not the one about Bishop Hill preaching at JS church. It was an accusation brought against JS that has no proof.

I do not mind the Bishop preaching for JS.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
6/16/18 7:51 am

Post Re: Carolyn that was not the thread I moved Carolyn Smith
JLarry wrote:
The thread I moved was not the one about Bishop Hill preaching at JS church. It was an accusation brought against JS that has no proof.

I do not mind the Bishop preaching for JS.

OK, I know which one you are talking about now, but I thought the poster was commenting on why Bishop Tim Hill went, and I was addressing that comment.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/16/18 10:18 am

Post Nature Boy Florida

This is ridiculous. If we thought the Swaggarts are sinners or misrepresentative of the gospel, I would think that is a place all ministers would want to preach. MWWJ owes the board an apology for most nonChristian post of the year (so far).
6/16/18 3:56 pm

Nature Boy Florida wrote:

This is ridiculous. If we thought the Swaggarts are sinners or misrepresentative of the gospel, I would think that is a place all ministers would want to preach. MWWJ owes the board an apology for most nonChristian post of the year (so far).

I want an apology to Shane Vaughn😂😃.... and to every minster that has been picked apart on this site....

Me posting Jimmy Swaggart is no different then you guys posting Shane Vaughn.
6/18/18 10:29 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

I want an apology to Shane Vaughn😂😃.... and to every minster that has been picked apart on this site....

Me posting Jimmy Swaggart is no different then you guys posting Shane Vaughn.

Sorry man. No one indicated Shane was selling out to Satan at any time that I remember. But you have accused the overseer of such. For shame. Evil or Very Mad
6/19/18 7:14 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic