Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

If that is true, STOP preaching the Gospel immediately

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post If that is true, STOP preaching the Gospel immediately doyle
A Poster has shared his belief that people who have not heard the Gospel, do not go to Hell.

So, who exactly does the Poster feel will suffer in Hell? If believers don't go there, and according to the Poster, those who don't hear the Gospel don't either, it seems Hell would be a fairly empty place. If so, what does one do with Isaiah 5:14 which says, "Hell has enlarged herself..."

The Bible also says, "All have sinned and have come short of the Glory of God. "All" is, shall we say, an all-encompassing word. Again, using the Posters analogy, God would be OK with sin in Heaven?

Obviously, I don't agree with the Poster, but the board is open for your discussion and wise counsel. Whachathink?

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com

Last edited by doyle on 6/14/18 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
6/14/18 1:23 pm

Post UncleJD
I think his point was that the REASON someone goes to Hell is because they sinned. (The soul that sins, it shall die). We preach the gospel to those who know that they have sinned, so they can go to heaven. I don't think he implied that if you don't hear the gospel, then you won't go to hell. (guess I could be wrong) Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/14/18 3:11 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Speaking only for myself, I happen to agree with Link. Sin is what damns a soul, not ignorance. The reason we should send missionaries is because Christ commanded that His disciples go into all the world and preach the gospel, and the Spirit sends/apostles people to obey the Great Commission. People are damned for sinning against the light they presently have, not for light they don’t have. I do affirm that those who sin are condemned and will end up in the Lake of Fire unless they repent and believe the gospel, but they are condemned for their own sin, and not for anything else as I understand Scripture.

Another important factor that is often overlooked is that God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

As Jesus said, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” Matt 7:7-8 KJV

As Paul said on Mars Hill: “God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; 26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Cornelius in Acts 10 is an excellent example of this principle. He sought God according to the light he did have, and God answered his cry by sending Peter, who himself had been praying, to preach the good news of Jesus Christ to Cornelius’ household. This should in no way discourage missions, but should serve rather to focus missions efforts to pray always for the leadership of the Holy Spirit as to where and when to preach the gospel to the unevangelized. Paul was forbidden of the Holy Spirit to preach in one place, and then was given the call to Macedonia in a divinely directed dream.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 6/14/18 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/14/18 5:20 pm

Post diakoneo
In the biblical sense of the word, "not hearing" would mean not obeying or responding from what I understand.

He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit says...
Example:I hear lots of things that my wife says but some times I don't respond...properly. Smile

If we are talking about mere ignorance though...well as QW said that is different.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/14/18 6:44 pm

Post philunderwood
Romans 2 may also speak to the point of those who do not hear the Gospel being judged apart from a written law. That said, it sometimes seems that evangelicals who 'tow the line' of righteous living have a law-mongering posture toward those less-inclined to have the same adherence.

It's almost as if we are saved by grace yet judged by compliance to the law at the end of time/life. I try to wrap my head around that duality but have a hard time with it.

And, WHY, oh WHY, would we stop preaching the Gospel? The Gospel is about LIFE, everyday, not just eternity. Even if people are "saved" from hell eternally, there is hell to fight every day in the life of a human. The Gospel addresses that. The Gospel is WAY MORE than a heaven/hell issue. It is a quality of life issue.

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
6/14/18 7:24 pm

Post Cojak
I thought we preached the word for folks to give, love and accept the JOYS OF THE LORD! We have a unique situation in our local church. We have a family (over 15 people mostly adults) from Indonesia who have come to America to evangelize America.
It made me think. YES, we have more people who have heard the Word probably more than any other country. Those have heard and rejected NEED THE LORD! This family prays fervently for revival in the USA. They have put a spark in our church that has been missing.

This group witnesses on the street goes house to house all week and on Sunday come to church and continue to light fire.

SO yes there is something to the fact that a person in America is much more likely to SIN against the Word that they have heard than the kid in China or darkest Africa.

Just my thinking. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/14/18 11:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic