Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Council of 24

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Council of 24 MrSippi
Who you got? I know that these lists are never who actually is elected, but just for fun...who are you voting for? Friendly Face
5/14/18 2:12 pm

Post caveator
I give my same list each Assembly. Some are elected, some are not. In addition to those who are eligible to serve another term...

Scott Sheppard
Joe Dobbins
Marty Baker
David Smith
JC Worley
Mark Williams
Acts-celerater
5/15/18 3:29 pm

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
caveator wrote:
I give my same list each Assembly. Some are elected, some are not. In addition to those who are eligible to serve another term...

Scott Sheppard
Joe Dobbins
Marty Baker
David Smith
JC Worley
Mark Williams

Would that happen or would they fill it with 2 or more international choices. Maybe an overseas overseer. I think that is the plan. I want international pastors to have more of a voice but the cog has to decide if we are global church with USA interests or a usa church with global interests. I want people to have an actual voice from overseas but us giving them token seat on a council dominated by Americans is not the way to do it. They need a field of there own to make decisions. Just like the church of God in america needs to take pastoral voices more seriously.
Friendly Face
5/15/18 5:34 pm

Post caveator
MoonWalkingWithJesus wrote:
caveator wrote:

Scott Sheppard
Joe Dobbins
Marty Baker
David Smith
JC Worley
Mark Williams

Would that happen or would they fill it with 2 or more international choices. Maybe an overseas overseer. I think that is the plan. I want international pastors to have more of a voice but the cog has to decide if we are global church with USA interests or a usa church with global interests. I want people to have an actual voice from overseas but us giving them token seat on a council dominated by Americans is not the way to do it. They need a field of there own to make decisions. Just like the church of God in america needs to take pastoral voices more seriously.

I think it is just an issue of name recognition. I don’t mind voting for bishops from outside the U.S. I just don’t know who to vote for.

Last edited by caveator on 5/16/18 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerater
5/15/18 7:40 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Why not names from some small church pastors to enhance the mission of The Vital Initiative? Acts-pert Poster
5/15/18 10:10 pm

Post caveator
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Why not names from some small church pastors to enhance the mission of The Vital Initiative?

What about guys like Marty Baker who planted a church and grew it from a small group in his living room to one of the largest in the Church of God? What about a guy like David Smith who pastored a small church that grew into a large church and has had growth everywhere he has been? What about a guy like JC Worley who took a small church in decline and experienced great growth? Who better to understand the needs of small churches than someone who grew a small church? Should we penalize guys because they have grown their small churches?
Acts-celerater
5/16/18 7:55 am

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
caveator wrote:

What about guys like Marty Baker who planted a church and grew it from a small group in his living room to one of the largest in the Church of God? What about a guy like David Smith who pastored a small church that grew into a large church and has had growth everywhere he has been? What about a guy like JC Worley who took a small church in decline and experienced great growth? Who better to understand the needs of small churches than someone who grew a small church? Should we penalize guys because they have grown their small churches?

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Friendly Face
5/16/18 9:27 am

Post Clint Wills
caveator wrote:

Scott Sheppard
Joe Dobbins
Marty Baker
David Smith
JC Worley
Mark Williams

That's a pretty stout list for sure!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/16/18 11:58 am

Post MrSippi
caveator wrote:

Scott Sheppard
Joe Dobbins
Marty Baker
David Smith
JC Worley
Mark Williams

Yes!
Friendly Face
5/16/18 6:20 pm

Post cogcia
As long as 90% comes from the Southeast the COG will be in Good Hands. What is this the 10th year GA was in TN or FL. It is evident the COG is ok
With being strong in 20% of the nation and letting the rest struggle to survive. A larger representation of pastors will be a good thing, especially if a few respresents the rest of the nation and the world. I believe it should be a pastor’s only council. The conflict of AB’s speaking up to the People that appoints them is crazy. Almost as Crazy as state councilmen having any power over the man that holds their job and life in his hands. The power down system will almost never hear the truth. Pastors will be much more likely to speak up over system people.
Friendly Face
5/18/18 8:29 am

Post MrSippi
cogcia wrote:
As long as 90% comes from the Southeast the COG will be in Good Hands. What is this the 10th year GA was in TN or FL. It is evident the COG is ok
With being strong in 20% of the nation and letting the rest struggle to survive. A larger representation of pastors will be a good thing, especially if a few respresents the rest of the nation and the world. I believe it should be a pastor’s only council. The conflict of AB’s speaking up to the People that appoints them is crazy. Almost as Crazy as state councilmen having any power over the man that holds their job and life in his hands. The power down system will almost never hear the truth. Pastors will be much more likely to speak up over system people.

Do you have a list of pastors that you can recommend?
Friendly Face
5/22/18 9:43 pm

Post Few Midwest and West but not likely cogcia
Joe Dobbins MO
Micheal Reynolds GLR
Dow Moses IL
Dennis Sanders IN
David Smith CO
John Smithson KA
Friendly Face
5/23/18 2:02 pm

Post Re: Few Midwest and West but not likely MrSippi
cogcia wrote:
Joe Dobbins MO
Micheal Reynolds GLR
Dow Moses IL
Dennis Sanders IN
David Smith CO
John Smithson KA

Really good list. I think Joe Dobbins has a great chance of going on this time. There are two great pastors in the COG named David Smith. One in Colorado and another in Alabama. I think both are great choices, but neither will probably go on the council because they split each other's votes. I talked to the David Smith from Alabama about this recently and he said he may start using his middle name so that the other David Smith can have his votes.

Last edited by MrSippi on 5/28/18 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
5/23/18 2:40 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Dow Moses is no longer in the CoG. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/23/18 2:52 pm

Post Re: Few Midwest and West but not likely Clint Wills
cogcia wrote:
Joe Dobbins MO
Micheal Reynolds GLR
Dow Moses IL
Dennis Sanders IN
David Smith CO
John Smithson KA

I think David Smith from Pueblo, CO is one of the most underrated stories in our denomination. He built a church to 1500+ in a the state that first legalized recreational marijuana. Building a church that size in any context is impressive - doing it in an unchurched region truly remarkable. I'd love to see him on the Executive Council.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/23/18 4:22 pm

Post Not Me Dow Moses
I’m not Eligible or qualifyied. Lol
I could not agree more with the Rest. Dr. Micheal Reynolds is an amazing leader. David Smith has had my vote for years. The problem is the smaller state can’t pull enough votes. Southeast has all the votes.
5/23/18 9:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic