Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Am I seeing this right?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Am I seeing this right? Isa 58:12
Heb 7:18-19; for there is very a disannulling of the Commandment going before the weakness and unprofitableness thereof 19; for the Law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did, by the which we draw close unto G-d

What r ur thoughts?
5/19/18 6:40 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
...you need to jiggle the bait a little more.
There's always someone who will bite! Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/19/18 7:31 pm

Post Isa 58:12
Tom Sterbens wrote:

Lol, LOL, what in Heaven's name are you talking about Tom Sterbens? 😏. What are your thoughts Tom, is this speaking of the Law of Moshe as being weak & unprofitable?
5/19/18 11:34 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Why do I have the distinct impression that Isa and Bound for Beaulah are the same person? Idea

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/20/18 9:12 am

sheepdogandy wrote:
Why do I have the distinct impression that Isa and Bound for Beaulah are the same person? Idea

Lol, I don't know who that is, but I can promise you 100% I'm not that person or any other person that he's renamed himself here 😉. I'm the same person who started back in 2006

I know people use this verse saying it's the Law of Moshe, is it it? looks like it
5/20/18 9:26 am

I know many here teach & have been taught that this is speaking of the Torah, Law of Moshe. But what if I can show u that that thought is far removed from what is being shown here?

This is not in a bad way, but where are all the Bible believing Christians, this is a Bible believing community, let's talk 😋

Shalom
5/20/18 5:55 pm

Post Da Sheik
Why don’t you just tell us what we’re all missing? It will make this exercise in futility a little more expeditious. BTW you make many references to Moshe and Torah. Are you a Sadducee or do you accept the entirety of the OT ? Acts Enthusiast
5/21/18 7:23 pm

Da Sheik wrote:
Why don’t you just tell us what we’re all missing? It will make this exercise in futility a little more expeditious. BTW you make many references to Moshe and Torah. Are you a Sadducee or do you accept the entirety of the OT ?

I can't take you serious with that picture of you Lol, I've been very very very very busy and have not had a chance to speak on here, but I will today 😀

I accept the entirety of scripture as One. It's like a jigsaw puzzle you don't want to have any pieces left in the Box do you? 😉😀

Shalom 😇
5/22/18 7:13 am

Post Re: Am I seeing this right? Aaron Scott
Isa 58:12 wrote:
Heb 7:18-19; for there is very a disannulling of the Commandment going before the weakness and unprofitableness thereof 19; for the Law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did, by the which we draw close unto G-d

What r ur thoughts?

No. You are almost certainly NOT seeing it right. Nor virtually any other New Testament scripture.

Sorry, but you did ask.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/22/18 11:22 am

Aaron....what an ugly thing to say 😏. Well let's see,. Will start off with 7:3; without father, without mother, without desent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life but made like unto the Son of G-d, abides a priest continually

No what's he talking about here? And how do you become a levite priest? You have to be a levite😀, your genealogy matters. How to get to be a priest,or high priest? You have to be a levite from the line of Aaron, your genealogy matters 😉

What do you have to have to be a priest after the order of Melchizedek, do you need genealogy? Nope. That's all he's saying here

He's trying to make a point here before he continues, cuz before he makes a case for Y'shua being a High Priest, which is going to be tough because people are expecting a levite, and He wasn't. So therefore Y'shua doesn't have a case, in THAT "order" of thinking....

7:4-6; now consider how great this man was, even the Patriarchs Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils , 5; and v
Verily they that are of the sons of **Levi**, who received the office of the "priesthood", have a commandment to take ""tithes"" of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they came out of the loins of Abraham
6; but he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and bless him that had the promises

Abraham tithes to him..., Paul is trying to show we have a Priesthood but that Priesthood is to be treated the same and receive tithes. That Priesthood, Melchizedek receive tithe before that priesthood, levitical, there was no levitical priesthood. He saying this is also a Priest and can receive tithe

7:6; but he whose descent is not counted from them, received ties of Abraham, and bless him that had the promises. Abraham held the promises, Abram tithe to Melchizedek and he blessed Abraham, this is what the Melchizedek Priesthood does

7:7; and without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better, or the "inferior" is blessed by the "Superior". There is a superiority to the Melchizedek to Abraham

7:8; and here men that "*die*" receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witness that he lives. This is a priesthood that always had mortality. The levitical priesthood always had men, human beings and they eventually die. Again he's making a case for Y'shua in what's going on here is a shifting of the Priesthood

7:8-10; and here men that died receive tithes, but they're he received them, of whom it is witness that he lives 9; and as I may say so, Levi also receive tithes, paid tithes to Abraham, for he was yet in the loins of his father, where Melchizedek met him.

I'm just going to make a point here in my study Moshe had the Melchizedek Priesthood and Aaron had the levitical, which one had more Authority? Moshe, "Superior

The rest of this is talking about perfection, not that something wasn't useful or served a function, or talking about that "which is" **bringing** Perfection

7:12; for the priesthood (levitical) being changed, there is made of a necessity it changed also the Law. What Law is being changed? Not done away with. The Greek meaning is a change of an ordinance in the Law. And what's being talked about here is tithing

So now that we have a new priesthood the tithes don't go to the levitical priesthood anymore. So now the old priesthood is leaving, dying off, vanishing away, the new Priesthood is in place & Baruch HaShem, Praise G-d, Y'shua will never die or change. When a priest died, and a new one would step up to replace him. Just as today in government when one steps down wenever know what you're going to get. And the priest back then, as in today messed everything up. But with Y'shua, the New Covenant as our High Priest He never dies, changes, & will never be replaced 😀😇

What is the Melchizedek priesthood? It's one of the cycle ship and teaching of Torah, & that's exactly what Y'shua spent His whole life doing? teaching & discipling. What was Moshe doing? Teaching & discipling. Abraham, teaching his whole house about God and a vertical relationship with him and we were supposed to do, that's a Melchizedek Priesthood that's how it's done

7:13; for He of whom these things were spoken pertain to another tribe, of which no "man" gave "attendance" at the "altar". This altar attendance is only levitical. The Priesthood is now Melchizedek, not levitical. Who is the "He of" in this verse? Y'shua & He is from the tribe of Judah vs 14.

What was the change here in verse 12? The only change is in our understanding of what it takes to be a High Priest. No not doing away with any other Law, this is clearly speaking of the Priesthood and our interactions with Him. It is 100% consistently about the Priest and the Priesthood that's it. He's not talking about food, Sabbath, or Feasts, it is simply about understanding the Priesthood

That is the context of Hebrews chapter 7 the Melchizedek Priesthood versus the levitical

7:15-16; and it is yet far more evident, for that after the similitude of Melchizedek there arise another priest, 16; who is made, not after the law of carnal commandment but after the power of an endless life. He's saying he's not the High Priest of our fleshly Command or that of men that deal with our lives or of having to be a priest through Aaron's blood or levite

😏😇 18; for he testifies, you are a priest Forever After the order of Melchizedek 😏😇 oooooh, this is quoted from Psalms 110:4; the L-rd has sworn, and will not repent, you are a Priest after the order of Melchizedek

😱😋Vs 28; for the law makes *men* high priest which 😏have *infirmities / weaknesses* but the Word of the oath which was since the Torah, makes the Son, who's consecrated forevermore

So what is being called weak, the Law or men? Y'shua is better, those priests always had to sacrifice animal for their sins before they went to minister, Messiah will never have to do that, He is the better High Priest Forever, He's Perfect, He knows what He's doing, He always gets it right. Men do not, men are sinful.....

Last edited by Isa 58:12 on 5/26/18 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/23/18 12:02 am

Well, any comments?
5/24/18 3:53 pm

Post Let me just finish this up Isa 58:12
Sorry it took me so long to finish this, but from the ISR Bible, verse 18; for there is indeed a "setting aside" (disannulling) of the former Command, because it's "weakness" & "unprofitableness"

What's the former Command being set aside? Vs 19-20; for the Torah perfected nothing, but the bringing in of a better expectation, through which we draw near to Elohim/G-d 20; and it was not without an oath.

Yes and I can already hear you all now LOL LOL. The Torah perfected nothing, but a better expectation. His argument here is that the men, the priesthood, they were weak, fallible, flawed, etc. In vs 19 just cuz Torah was given doesn't mean everyone is going to be perfect, you breaking all the time. It's G-ds Grace That Forgives us when we sin in the Torah. Because sin is the transgression of the Law 😱

20-22; and it was not without an oath 21; for they indeed **became priest "without" an oath**, but **He became priest "with" an Oath** by Him who said to Him, Elohim has sworn and shall not regret, You are a Priest FOREVER according to the order of Melchizedek 22; by as much as Y'shua has become a *guarantor* of a better Covenant 😀. He is it better Covenant

He is not like these weak men verse 28, the weakness is in the people who are "implementing" that which is Perfect. Does that make sense? The Laws not the problem, the Covenant was not the problem, the people standing in the position where the problem. But we have a *guarantor*, He will not fail, He has no weaknesses, Like I said, He does everything Perfect 😋

So it's better, & it's better because of Him, not because people preach the Law's changing, or the Law being done away with, this has nothing to do with the Law

The only thing that is changing is the priesthood and the Priest makes it better. Because He does everything right, He never fails, He will never die, He's not frail, weak, or flawed😇

All this chapter is describing here is the Melchizedek priesthood vs the levitical priesthood, the sons of Aaron vs the sons of Y'shua. & He makes it better

How about like this example, I like baseball, & I saw this happen with my San Diego Padres. But let's say ur team was mediocre but u bring in this "Star" player to help, can he make your team better? He didn't change the rules, but he elevated everybody because he was better

Because that one player plays so good he causes the other players to play better, & instead of exulting himself he can get everybody else to play better. Again, the sport didn't change, the rules of the game didn't change. It was that one person who made it better, Y'shua makes it better 😉

Vs 23; and indeed those that became priests were many, because they were prevented by death from continuing. This is like the Changing of the Guard, and you never knew what you were going to get some we're good some we're worse. Y'shua is the Same, yesterday, today & Forever 😏. Now we have a Priesthood that doesn't change

24; but He, because He remains Forever has an Unchangeable Priesthood. The *key* is Unchangeable with Him, like in verse 23 it was changing all the time with those that die

Again the Law didn't change, the quality of the Leader changed

25; therefore He is also able to save completely those who draw near to Elohim/G-d threw Him, ever living to make intercession for them. The levitical priesthood can only take you so far, Y'shua can do it completely 😇

26-27; for it was fitting that we should have such a High Priest - kind, innocent, undefiled, having been separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens, 27; Who does not need, as those high priests, to offer up slaughter offerings (sacrifices) day-by-day, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, for this is He that did it once for all when He offered up Himself

Y'shua never has to give sacrifices day by day for Himself, He doesn't have to do it, He gave Himself once and for all that's it😀

Shalom
5/29/18 10:24 pm

Post Re: Am I seeing this right? Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:
Isa 58:12 wrote:

What r ur thoughts?

No. You are almost certainly NOT seeing it right. Nor virtually any other New Testament scripture.

Sorry, but you did ask.

Well Aaron, what did u think?
5/31/18 11:25 pm

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
Tom Sterbens wrote:

Nope
6/2/18 11:46 pm

MoonWalkingWithJesus wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:

Nope

What are you so afraid of Moonwalker, are you not so sure how you believe? Most people are sound and strong in their beliefs, but this topic always seems to scare people, & don't want to talk about what they believe. This the Word of G-d, we are to show ourselves approved. I mean, how are you really going to know what u believe is right till ur tested?
6/3/18 5:58 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
In answer to the question in your OP title...……………….No.

I do not even need to read what you were asking about. You read it wrong.
6/3/18 9:55 pm

Resident Skeptic wrote:
In answer to the question in your OP title...……………….No.

I do not even need to read what you were asking about. You read it wrong.

🤔, Thanks for ur Biblical input, that was deep
6/4/18 12:33 am

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
I find these conversations interesting Friendly Face
6/4/18 1:39 pm

MoonWalkingWithJesus wrote:
I find these conversations interesting

Well please, pick a topic & let's discuss it 😀
6/4/18 10:29 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic