Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Bylaw change proposal

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bylaw change proposal Judah4Him
I have heard rumors of a proposed bylaw change that will be attempted as a motion at this assembly for each state to elect their state overseer instead of appointment by the EC. Could be interesting.

Thoughts?
Friendly Face
5/19/18 2:28 pm

Post Re: Bylaw change proposal Quiet Wyatt
Judah4Him wrote:
I have heard rumors of a proposed bylaw change that will be attempted as a motion at this assembly for each state to elect their state overseer instead of appointment by the EC. Could be interesting.

Thoughts?

Thumb Up
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/19/18 2:33 pm

Post Re: Bylaw change proposal Tom Sterbens
Judah4Him wrote:

Thoughts?

It is not on the current agenda approved by the Executive Council.
And I don't think any such measure could be presented at the assembly to the motions committee because I'm pretty sure it would require prior notification.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/19/18 2:38 pm

Post Re: Bylaw change proposal Clint Wills
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:

Thoughts?

And I don't think any such measure could be presented at the assembly to the motions committee because I'm pretty sure it would require prior notification.

Any chance that the body could waive the "prior notification" claus if a motion is a REALLY good idea? lol
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/21/18 5:09 pm

Post Re: Bylaw change proposal MrSippi
Clint Wills wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:

Thoughts?

Any chance that the body could waive the "prior notification" claus if a motion is a REALLY good idea? lol

No
Friendly Face
5/21/18 8:49 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Didn’t they have a situation several years back (I’m thinking it was in the early 2000s) when they finished the whole agenda and somebody made a motion to reduce the TOT immediately from 15% to 10%? I heard it almost passed at the time. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/21/18 10:13 pm

Post MrSippi
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Didn’t they have a situation several years back (I’m thinking it was in the early 2000s) when they finished the whole agenda and somebody made a motion to reduce the TOT immediately from 15% to 10%? I heard it almost passed at the time.

You are correct. If the agenda is completed, the motion committee can present motions from the floor. That has happened many times over the last several years. However, a change to bylaws requires previous notice and a motion to change a bylaw is not permissible without proper previous notice.
Friendly Face
5/21/18 11:30 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
MrSippi wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Didn’t they have a situation several years back (I’m thinking it was in the early 2000s) when they finished the whole agenda and somebody made a motion to reduce the TOT immediately from 15% to 10%? I heard it almost passed at the time.

You are correct. If the agenda is completed, the motion committee can present motions from the floor. That has happened many times over the last several years. However, a change to bylaws requires previous notice and a motion to change a bylaw is not permissible without proper previous notice.

Thanks for the clarification.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/22/18 12:34 am

Post Previous notification 4thgeneration
Just wondering... does Actscelerate count as previous notice? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Acts Enthusiast
5/22/18 1:10 pm

Post Cojak
I took 'Parliamentary Law' once under L.B Thomas in the 1950s. It was not Roberts Rules of Order and I cannot remember what the procedure was called, but it was used in General Assemblies for years before Robert's.

Some parliamentary procedure was used once to get a motion on the floor without using the normal roads. I want to think it was in an open service in the evening and the chairman was forced to open a business session. Confused It had to be in the early 60's.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/22/18 9:23 pm

Post MoonWalkingWithJesus
How would parliamentary law work with this? How is it used in GA Friendly Face
6/2/18 1:48 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic