Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What if this happened at assembly?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post SouthFloridaman
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
So to recap - any or all state assignments will be made before the GA if folks feel like it? If so - why a do any voting at the GA? When someone feels like it - put it up for a vote - anyone in Cleveland that day gets a vote.
I say Cleveland only cause we are too backwards to set it up electronically - even though Marty Baker's team has written a computer system that transmits money from one bank to another right and left in churches all over the USA (perhaps the world) with no issues - but voting is too tough to do.
Evil or Very Mad

Lol 😆 😂 best statement all year 👍
Friendly Face
5/11/18 8:15 am

Post Re: April... diakoneo
Aaron Scott wrote:
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
The following is a hypothetical situation. What if ...let's just pick someone...let's say...David Ray went to the publishing house and then Let's just pick a youth director uh... dusty wilson (pulling names out of the hat) went to be tim hills assistant. How would that affect other youth directors like uh... let's just pick one say... rob Taylor?

This writing reminds me of things like: "A...um...friend of mine...my uncle...no! my great uncle...by marriage...I hardly know the guy...in fact, he's dead now...he wanted to know if smoking a cigar was a sin. Now, I know it's a sin, you know it's a sin, but I...I mean, my friend...uncle...GREAT UNCLE...that's now dead and buried...in a cemetery...with a casket and everything...HE wants--wanted--to know...even though he's dead...not then, of course...but now.

Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/11/18 4:55 pm

Post Guys!! aprilmay2.0
You read too much into stuff. ALL my scenarios were hypothetical. So NBF thanks for the props but I was 0% right and 100% speculating.

(Plus- how could I have known Caleb was going? I posted before the state council met to decide if they were going in state with a YD or if they were still a bunch of company men who are blindly loyal to a system that they too hope to benefit from someday.

Also I believe I’m 66% correct because I got the publishing house with Ray and the asst to Hill with Dusty so...)
Friendly Face
5/12/18 1:50 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
aprilmay 2.0 got 50% right so far - better than any TV prophets - so give props where appropriate.

What else does aprilmay know (at a 50% level, of course)?

So to recap - any or all state assignments will be made before the GA if folks feel like it? If so - why a do any voting at the GA? When someone feels like it - put it up for a vote - anyone in Cleveland that day gets a vote.
I say Cleveland only cause we are too backwards to set it up electronically - even though Marty Baker's team has written a computer system that transmits money from one bank to another right and left in churches all over the USA (perhaps the world) with no issues - but voting is too tough to do.

With no voting necessary anymore - why don't we just have a COG day at Six Flags in Atlanta every 2 years - and call it good.
:evil:

I was curious, so I looked at the 2016 Minutes, and noticed the following:

“I. SELECTION
1. The state Youth and Discipleship director shall be nominated by the state overseer and elected by the State Council prior to the International General Assembly.

2. The state Youth and Discipleship director’s term of office shall be for two years, with a maximum of eight consecutive years in a respective non-mission state.

3. Credentialed ministers (where practical) shall be used to fill the office.”
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/13/18 9:32 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Nm Friendly Face
5/21/18 5:36 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic