Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Bonnie UPDATE: 6/10/2018 (shud READ!)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bonnie UPDATE: 6/10/2018 (shud READ!) Cojak
uPDATE I received this from Bonnie's sister. Quote:

I tried to get an account, but couldn’t seem to get it to work for me. Could you post in the announcement on the ACTS forum about Bonnie being with the Lord the following thank you.

Thank you so much for your support during this time. The flowers that were sent to the memorial service from her friends on the ACTS forum were lovely. Many thanks for your prayers and words of encouragement. I enjoyed Tom’s remarks about Bonnie. I especially appreciated the lines She listened genuinely and heard deeply. There was no elephant in the room that could hide from her scrutiny…nor left unaddressed. I smiled and said, yes, that describes my sister. On behalf of all of Bonnie’s family, let me thank you all again for everything.

Thanks!

Bonita

End update.

Original post follows.
Most everyone on here know Bonnie. Her last post caused me to pray, but also made me sad. I worked with her for a couple months via the internet as she proofed my book "Finally Love", a fiction novel of a man who found love late in life.
Her advice and corrections were eye opening to me since I had never worked that close to a proofer. We did it a chapter at a time making the interaction more real.
I learned a lot of her family. They were built around the church and music. They all played something and She sang occasionally on gigs.
I followed her blog, "Organic Discourse". This week her sister came on the Blog to close it out, my heart fell.

Most of you will have to admit, she held her own in discussions and articulated her points very well. She enjoyed gardening and canoeing and took exceptional pride in her son, he is very good on the mandolin and guitar. Her husband also is a good guitarist.

Has anyone had contact with Bonnie? I don't want to intrude at this time. She probably is not reading Acts at present.

Prayers and good thoughts about a sweet sister in the Lord.

Last edited by Cojak on 6/10/18 7:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/12/18 11:06 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I haven't heard anything. Is she critical, Cojak? I didn't think she was that far along. I was shocked when you said her sister closed out the blog.

That makes me sad. Sad Bonnie has been a blessing here on Acts. I didn't always agree with her, but that is true of a lot of you. LOL

If anyone hears of an update, please let us know.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/13/18 7:34 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
If someone knows what church her family is a part of, perhaps we could at least send cards and well wishes her way. Our church has been praying for Bonnie. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/13/18 8:22 pm

Post Cojak
I have a couple messages out. I will let you guys know if I hear anything. I found her son Caleb on FB and sent him a message. They are very close.

I have no idea of the present 'status', but it did scare me when someone else (her sister) added the final entry to her blog and only said it was the final and hoped everyone reading had enjoyed it.

Her Blog was "Organic Discourse" on Blogsdpot or Blogger, if you would like to take a look.

I have her zip code but the COG locator shows no COG in it. I know they drove a few miles to church in Eastern NC. I don't remember her naming the church but did mention it often without naming it or the pastor.

I will keep trying to get a recent update.
God is Good.
5/13/18 10:14 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
I have a couple messages out. I will let you guys know if I hear anything. I found her son Caleb on FB and sent him a message. They are very close.

I have no idea of the present 'status', but it did scare me when someone else (her sister) added the final entry to her blog and only said it was the final and hoped everyone reading had enjoyed it.

Her Blog was "Organic Discourse" on Blogsdpot or Blogger, if you would like to take a look.

I have her zip code but the COG locator shows no COG in it. I know they drove a few miles to church in Eastern NC. I don't remember her naming the church but did mention it often without naming it or the pastor.

I will keep trying to get a recent update.
God is Good.

I think she lives relatively close to me (about an hour away, or the church, at least.) I don't think I know anyone at the church I think she attends. I'll look back & see if she ever specified in a PM. Thanks, Cojak.
5/13/18 10:29 pm

Post Cojak
UPDATE
At present Bonnie is dealing with the news of cancer. Her Dr. says this is a rough one, it is very depressing. Her son says he and his dad would appreciate our prayers He also says:

I am praying and believing for a divine healing. I would appreciate you joining me. Also pray for her emotional and spiritual well-being. She seems to be taking it pretty hard which is the reason for the final postings and so forth. I know she thinks a lot of you and it means a great deal to hear from you.
Thanks again-C...b

Bonnie is so proud of this boy. He is her life. Please keep the prayers going for a fine Christian, mother and wife. God is Good and HE IS ABLE!
5/14/18 11:43 am

Post Where does Bonnie live? Aaron Scott
Outside of a handful on here, I don't know even what city they are in. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/14/18 3:43 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Praying for bonnie Friendly Face
5/14/18 3:51 pm

Post Re: Where does Bonnie live? Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
Outside of a handful on here, I don't know even what city they are in.

Bonnie lives in Eastern North Carolina. Active in her church, but I never asked which. They drove a few miles to church because there was no COG in their town. She has one son and her husband and son are also active in church. The boys love blue grass and gospel. Both are good musicians and Bonnie at times sang with the bands.
She is witty and well versed in Scripture.

Cool
5/14/18 8:41 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Bonnie is an important part of our Acts community.
After this news - I pray it is all looking up from here.

Yes - I have asked God to heal Bonnie.
5/15/18 4:54 pm

Post uPDATE from my blog comments Cojak
I had this comment on my blog 'shipslog' today from Bonnie's sister, it is sweet but painful:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Dementia, the bad guy!":

Hey, this is Bonnie's sister...I just saw your post on ACTS forum. The cancer is rare (adrenal) and she is Stage IV. She is definitely not online at all any more and without divine intervention we are quite far along. We all felt like we knew you guys through Bonnie. Lots of love from us all.

Many thanks to Sister..... And of course our prayers continue for a very special person and Acts contributor.

I thought Doyle and all of Acts should know.

God is Good but life is almost too tough at times!
5/18/18 5:04 pm

Post Re: uPDATE from my blog comments Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
I had this comment on my blog 'shipslog' today from Bonnie's sister, it is sweet but painful:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Dementia, the bad guy!":

Hey, this is Bonnie's sister...I just saw your post on ACTS forum. The cancer is rare (adrenal) and she is Stage IV. She is definitely not online at all any more and without divine intervention we are quite far along. We all felt like we knew you guys through Bonnie. Lots of love from us all.

Many thanks to Sister..... And of course our prayers continue for a very special person and Acts contributor.

I thought Doyle and all of Acts should know.

God is Good but life is almost too tough at times!

I'm sad to hear this, but we will definitely be continuing to lift Bonnie up in the days to come. Bonnie is extremely intelligent and her posts always challenge me. She was a lot more well read than me! I hope you will let her know we are standing with the family in prayer.
5/18/18 7:44 pm

Post Re: uPDATE from my blog comments Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:

I'm sad to hear this, but we will definitely be continuing to lift Bonnie up in the days to come. Bonnie is extremely intelligent and her posts always challenge me. She was a lot more well read than me! I hope you will let her know we are standing with the family in prayer.

I am trusting this is being read. Plus I want to add an AMEN to your comment. I always felt Bonnie holds her own in discussions, even was a little above in many incidences. Cool
5/19/18 9:53 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I am very distraught over this. I am praying for her. Bonnie has always been the stable one among us. She also helped me with my book. Acts-pert Poster
5/20/18 7:35 am

Post Eddie--AMEN Aaron Scott
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I am very distraught over this. I am praying for her. Bonnie has always been the stable one among us. She also helped me with my book.
5/20/18 4:23 pm

Post From Caleb bonnie knox
Hi all, this is Caleb Knox aka dear son. I wanted to personally thank all of you for your prayers. My mom is free of pain in heaven as of last night. She didn't suffer, for which I am grateful. I would like to thank you all for providing a place for her to fellowship/cause trouble Razz
Shout out to Eddie Robbins: she requested and read your book All My Strength while she was in the hospital. Thank you Cojak and others for your concern and continued prayers.
I have some big, snarky, and loving shoes to fill as you well know.
Thanks to Tom Sterbens, a name I hear quite a bit. I will try to check back again when I have some time. If any of you want to find me on Facebook I'm on as Caleb Knox and I'm friends with Tom Sterbens if that helps you find me.
On the off chance that any of you are near Bunn on the 9th her memorial service will be at
New Hope Worship Center (C.O.G.)
7428 Pearces Road
Louisburg NC 27549
On June 9th at 2:00 pm.
May the love of God be with you all half as much as it's been with me this last month. Hardships only allow God to demonstrate His amazing, bountiful, personal, and overwhelming love to us and through us.
Sincerely, Caleb

p.s. There is a place, Their is possessive, and They're is a contraction.
Also, the smallest room in the world is a mushroom.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/28/18 3:13 pm

Post georgiapath
I am so, so sorry for your loss. She will be missed. Acts-dicted
5/28/18 3:57 pm

Post Cojak
And you gotta love the PS, that is Bonnie! Smile
5/28/18 5:42 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic