Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Beth Moore: A Letter to My Brothers (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:
But they are taught by their leader and savior, Donald J Trump, when he said “who would vote for her...just look at that face.” They just can’t help themselves.

You are a whiny, immature sore-loser. Nobody worships Trump or considers him to be a Savior. Stop lying.
5/9/18 9:27 am

Post Re: Of course, there’s always two sides... Da Sheik
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

2 things.

One - in comparing Beth and Seth's letters - Beth's appears to be written by a Christian. Seth's - not so much.

Two - why wouldn't Beth Moore attempt to be accepted by her denomination? How do you know unless you try?

Seth is smug and bitter. I don't blame Beth for trying to gain acceptance. And I have no doubt she has experienced derogatory or demeaning behavior from men. This coming from someone (me) who does not believe woman pastors are scriptural.
Acts Enthusiast
5/9/18 9:40 am

Post So, what does Beth's husband do with his time? Mat
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
In the words of a transplant what knowed a little bit a hillbilly an a little bit a yankee, "we lettem cut their hair an wear pants, now they wanna set on the General Council floor an smoke ceegars with us."

OTCP, this is not a new issue/debate in ministry and denominational settings, and I would say within my own denomination (COGOP) there has been some varying viewpoints surfacing. The issue in the SBC is of interest, but what about the COG? Do you think this issue has merit? Is this why the leadership and academics in the denomination keep "positioning" articles (pointing to past women leaders in the movement or embracing other Pentecostal denominations who elect women to top leadership), and promote research in support of women "bishops"?

As I view the issue, I tend to enter-lock my understanding of the family/marriage with the structure of church leadership. So when my long held ideas are challenged by these new paradigms of leadership I find myself reconsidering my understanding of family/marriage. Married to the same woman for over 42 years, I think if my wife were in an "executive" position over me, my personal commitment to ministry might be revised (maybe its the John the Baptist thinking of I must decrease so she can increase effect).

Perhaps, like many female spouses of ministers, I might find myself telling her I don't want to be the spouse of a minister anymore and can't she support the family with a secular job. Or, I could tell her she's too busy with other people problems and has no time for me or the kids (our in our case grandkids and great grandkids). Maybe she could appoint me as co-pastor, or at least as Men's Ministry Director.

Maybe there is liberty from ministry if your wife is elected your boss. To avoid nepotism, a man is free to do as he is led, or go along with her and spend time with the other ministers spouses while the big shots have their meetings.

What does Beth's husband do with his time?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
5/9/18 10:25 am

Post Chicago27
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:
But they are taught by their leader and savior, Donald J Trump, when he said “who would vote for her...just look at that face.” They just can’t help themselves.

You are a whiny, immature sore-loser. Nobody worships Trump or considers him to be a Savior. Stop lying.

Nobody worships Trump? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Friendly Face
5/9/18 7:04 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

No, and I hope Doyle deals with your constant provocative comments aimed at those who don't share your irrational hostility towards our President. It's one thing to disagree over political agendas. It's another to constantly belittle and look for a fight.
5/9/18 7:19 pm

Post Resident Skeptic & Chicago 27 Mat
Resident Skeptic & Chicago 27,

Could you take political "shots" at each other in another thread? This Beth Moore/women in ministry leadership is kind of interesting. Now I realize that Beth Moore is not seeking to be a leader in the SBC, but she feels it would be appropriate for her male colleagues to extend respect and acceptance of her calling. In many denominations the role of women in leadership is a much debated issue and of importance to many.

On the other hand , you two are making your lives little more than, "I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!" This predictable rhetoric, with its race to the bottom, you have chosen to engage in is symptomatic of the "mouth-breathers" of this world. You are better than that and your are not to be of this world.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
5/9/18 7:51 pm

Post Re: Resident Skeptic & Chicago 27 Cojak
Mat wrote:

Could you take political "shots" at each other in another thread? This Beth Moore/women in ministry leadership is kind of interesting. Now I realize that Beth Moore is not seeking to be a leader in the SBC, but she feels it would be appropriate for her male colleagues to extend respect and acceptance of her calling. In many denominations the role of women in leadership is a much debated issue and of importance to many.

On the other hand , you two are making your lives little more than, "I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!" This predictable rhetoric, with its race to the bottom, you have chosen to engage in is symptomatic of the "mouth-breathers" of this world. You are better than that and your are not to be of this world.

Mat
Shocked Smile Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/9/18 9:17 pm

Post Chicago27
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

No, and I hope Doyle deals with your constant provocative comments aimed at those who don't share your irrational hostility towards our President. It's one thing to disagree over political agendas. It's another to constantly belittle and look for a fight.

I’m telling Doyle. Nanny nanny poo poo.
Friendly Face
5/10/18 6:47 am

Post Re: Resident Skeptic & Chicago 27 Resident Skeptic
Mat wrote:

Mat

Matt, I made no political shots. I actually agree with you that this thread is no place for a political debate. But Chicago27 went further than a political debate by inserting a personal attack against those who do not share his political views. None of it is appropriate.
5/10/18 7:00 am

Post Some questions about Beth Moore's teaching Preacher777
I never heard Beth Moore's teaching neither read any of her books. It has nothing to do with her being a woman because I very seldom listen to or read the popular male teachers either. No problem if others enjoy them but I prefer the Bible and commentaries.

My question is whether or not you feel Beth Moore's teaching is doctrinally sound. Does she take scripture out of context? I wouldn't think she would have Word and faith teachings since she is of a Baptist background but does she lean that way? Does she challenge people and let the Word convict?

I read what Seth wrote about her and although I wouldn't agree with his way of berating her I am curious if he has legitimate points about her being off concerning doctrine. Whether she is right on or off it is sad that men would treat her as described in her letter.

Hopefully everybody will see that I am.in no way trying to stir up anything against Beth Moore or anybody else. My wife along with other friends (ministry and lay people) are quick to challenge and politely correct one another if we feel scripture is taken out of context.

Any feedback?
Friendly Face
5/13/18 3:12 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
In the words of a transplant what knowed a little bit a hillbilly an a little bit a yankee, "we lettem cut their hair an wear pants, now they wanna set on the General Council floor an smoke ceegars with us."
lol
Friendly Face
5/14/18 3:56 pm

Post Link
It was uncomfortable just reading about the preacher that told her that she was prettier than some other female preacher. But I wonder who he said, Paula White or Joyce Meyer, or someone else. If he said Paula White, she should take that as a complement. But that would be a really weird and uncomfortable complement to get from some man you had just met, especially a preacher.
5/16/18 4:38 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Link wrote:
It was uncomfortable just reading about the preacher that told her that she was prettier than some other female preacher. But I wonder who he said, Paula White or Joyce Meyer, or someone else. If he said Paula White, she should take that as a complement. But that would be a really weird and uncomfortable complement to get from some man you had just met, especially a preacher.

Yes, not only is it demeaning, whether it's true or not, it's none of his business & totally inappropriate!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/16/18 9:55 am

Post Carolyn Smith
I couldn't sleep last night & was looking through my IPad & came upon several Beth Moore books I downloaded for free that I have never read. I clicked on one of them which is something about dealing with strongholds and people who have been through demonic spiritual attacks which have led to affairs and things like that, things people never in their wildest dreams could have imagined themselves doing.

She said in the preface of this book that she had gone away somewhere like Wyoming to be by herself and write this book, and the spiritual warfare was so intense that she had to fast daily until she had written what she was supposed to write for that day, which she had never had happen before. She said the one day she tried to eat breakfast, her thoughts became so garbled and confused, she couldn't write anything.

I glanced through some of the book, and she seems to be pretty transparent and indicated she has shared some of her failures and battles in previous books, to the point that it caused disagreement between her mother (now deceased) and she. And she also said she still would have been obedient to the Holy Spirit and shared what she had shared that upset her mom.

Criticize her if you want, but she sounds pretty sold out and committed to me. I didn't see anything flaky doctrine-wise in what I read. So this is one woman's opinion that Beth Moore is on the money in her books, and people should stop criticizing and attacking her about the contents of her books, etc.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/16/18 10:03 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic