Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Jerusalem Embassy is open.... John Hagee lead the benediction.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Jerusalem Embassy is open.... John Hagee lead the benediction. SouthFloridaman
https://www.facebook.com/JohnHageeMinistries/videos/10156611717692518/
I thought this was powerful. Amazed how John Hagee was at the opening of the embassy. It is also the 70th anniversary of Israel’s reestablishment as a nation.
Friendly Face
5/14/18 4:14 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
He was introduced as pastor of "Cornerstone Baptist Church." Ole Johnny aint no Baptist, but he leans right much toward WOF. Acts-pert Poster
5/14/18 6:36 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
He was introduced as pastor of "Cornerstone Baptist Church." Ole Johnny aint no Baptist, but he leans right much toward WOF.

I still think Hagee did a good job. Never in a million years would I have thought Pentecostals would be respected in the White House. Trump has really reached out to us. Think about this just 10 yrs ago Paula White, Kenneth Copeland, and others were being investigated by Senator Grassley
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_inquiry_into_the_tax-exempt_status_of_religious_organizations
I feel the investigation was borderline religious persecution. Now Paula White is an advisor to the president and even prayed at the inauguration. I feel that is restitution from God in the highest sense from what I have witnessed as the extreme persecution the whites faced. I like you Old timer, and I know there are extremist woffies out there, but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. Not everything can be lumped as an extremist. I have been highly bless by some word of faith ideas. Not everyone in that movement is bad.
Friendly Face
5/14/18 11:44 pm

Post UncleJD
SouthFloridaman wrote:
He was introduced as pastor of "Cornerstone Baptist Church." Ole Johnny aint no Baptist, but he leans right much toward WOF.

I still think Hagee did a good job. Never in a million years would I have thought Pentecostals would be respected in the White House. Trump has really reached out to us. Think about this just 10 yrs ago Paula White, Kenneth Copeland, and others were being investigated by Senator Grassley
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_inquiry_into_the_tax-exempt_status_of_religious_organizations
I feel the investigation was borderline religious persecution. Now Paula White is an advisor to the president and even prayed at the inauguration. I feel that is restitution from God in the highest sense from what I have witnessed as the extreme persecution the whites faced. I like you Old timer, and I know there are extremist woffies out there, but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. Not everything can be lumped as an extremist. I have been highly bless by some word of faith ideas. Not everyone in that movement is bad.

All of those mentioned SHOULD be investigated. They are wolves fleecing the sheep. But Hagee is not as bad as those.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/15/18 11:03 am

Post Da Sheik
UncleJD wrote:
All of those mentioned SHOULD be investigated. They are wolves fleecing the sheep.

What he said!
Acts Enthusiast
5/15/18 11:20 am

Post SouthFloridaman
Really???? I didn’t know I was on a baptist forum. What is your actual reason for hating them. The investigation was a political witch hunt and there findings were no wrong doing. No one complains when the cog uses A plane to fly the overseer around for campmeeting. No one complains when billy graham evangelistic association and Samaritan’s purse use planes. If you change to doctrine from Pentecostal I doubt the persecution would occur. I am tired of This poverty mind set of the Church. These folks have done more with there pinkies then most of us here. Yes there may have been mistakes along the way but Pentecostalism is a new movement and if I took all Aj Tomlinson said or others I would have a very different view the Pentecostal Church. These guys where trailblazers Kenneth Copeland especially. They paved new roads I respect them for that. Sure there may been some mistakes on that new paved road, but they made away for a lot of us. Friendly Face
5/15/18 11:30 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Da Sheik wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
All of those mentioned SHOULD be investigated. They are wolves fleecing the sheep.

What he said!

Agree. Unfortunately, it is apparently legal in the US to fleece the flock like these prosperity guys and gals all do with their false promises and shameless self-aggrandizement.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/15/18 11:40 am

Post UncleJD
SouthFloridaman wrote:
These guys where trailblazers Kenneth Copeland especially.

My wife and several friends and family worked for KCM (when they thought as you do), you sir, are either ignorant, deceived, or share in their deception. I pray it is the former.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/15/18 12:15 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Really???? I didn’t know I was on a baptist forum. What is your actual reason for hating them. The investigation was a political witch hunt and there findings were no wrong doing. No one complains when the cog uses A plane to fly the overseer around for campmeeting. No one complains when billy graham evangelistic association and Samaritan’s purse use planes. If you change to doctrine from Pentecostal I doubt the persecution would occur. I am tired of This poverty mind set of the Church. These folks have done more with there pinkies then most of us here. Yes there may have been mistakes along the way but Pentecostalism is a new movement and if I took all Aj Tomlinson said or others I would have a very different view the Pentecostal Church. These guys where trailblazers Kenneth Copeland especially. They paved new roads I respect them for that. Sure there may been some mistakes on that new paved road, but they made away for a lot of us.

Sorry man. Looks like you are wrong here.

Besides the aforementioned "giving to God to get a miracle" mentality of these ministers...having ministers get rich off the gospel just doesn't seem to match the New Testament.

If these ministers are like Christ - what would Jesus do with an extra 1 million dollars? Would he hoard it up for a rainy day - an airplane - trade up to a new home? It doesn't appear that is what he did.

When Jesus ascended into heaven - what did the people that knew him do? If you were Barnabas and the other believers - and you had an extra field - you sold it to get money to "give to God/ the church treasury" to make sure no one did without - not to lavish it on a preacher. Perhaps that is the whole problem today. When folks had the NT mentality - they added 1,000s to the church daily. Today - not so much.
5/15/18 12:20 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Da Sheik wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

What he said!

Agree. Unfortunately, it is apparently legal in the US to fleece the flock like these prosperity guys and gals all do with their false promises and shameless self-aggrandizement.

Really? Read the investigation. Michael Chitwood has a great synopsis on the investigation. Some of these guys have to raise money. consider this less the .02 percent of all organizations have more than 500 employees. These guys write books release literature write songs. They work out side of the realm of a typic Church. Follow the politics the republicans wanted to put Pentecostals in there place. They saw them as too influential.
Friendly Face
5/15/18 12:29 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Da Sheik wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

What he said!

Really? Read the investigation. Michael Chitwood has a great synopsis on the investigation. Some of these guys have to raise money. consider this less the .02 percent of all organizations have more than 500 employees. These guys write books release literature write songs. They work out side of the realm of a typic Church. Follow the politics the republicans wanted to put Pentecostals in there place. They saw them as too influential.

I agreed that nothing came of the investigation—because it’s unfortunately legal in this country to do what these properity gospelers do. They are nevertheless heretics and a total shame to the Pentecostal Movement. Not only because they teach that gain is godliness, but because of their grossly heretical and blasphemous doctrines of Christ (Copeland says he could have died for our sins) and atonement (Jesus died spiritually and suffered under the cruel domination of Devil in Hell for three days and had to be born again in Hell to be resurrected).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/15/18 12:40 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
SouthFloridaman wrote:
These guys where trailblazers Kenneth Copeland especially. They paved new roads I respect them for that. Sure there may been some mistakes on that new paved road, but they made away for a lot of us.

Trailblazers? Kenneth Copeland?

Umm, Joseph Smith, Charles Taze Russell, Jim Jones, they was all trailblazers too. But what kinda trail was they blazin?

Kenneth Copeland "made away for" me? The only think Copeland's doctrine has ever done fer the ole timer is cause me much grief an consternation. I've been the one at the bedside when folk ain't healed an they demandin to know why? I'm the one who had to answer when finances has been slim an folk demanded to know why? Copeland's doctrine is error to the 10th power. He and his ilk has done grave damage to biblical Pentecostalism.
Acts-pert Poster
5/15/18 1:43 pm

Post Da Sheik
Copeland's doctrine is error to the 10th power. He and his ilk has done grave damage to biblical Pentecostalism.

That's why we often have to offer up disclaimers to our brethren in other denominations.
Acts Enthusiast
5/15/18 1:58 pm

Post Link
I haven't seen a clip of John Hagee in a really long time. i remember him looking younger.
5/16/18 4:32 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic