Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

That big question you are all wondering about...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post That big question you are all wondering about... Link
What do I do with left-over sushi?

For me it's really kimbap, the Korean version, with no raw fish, served warm, not cold. The maid, I assume, made some kimbap. It was still good, but I remembered the egg fried sushi a former maid who used to work for Koreans made, and I decided to fry the kimbap in egg. I think I used a simpler recipe than that first maid, just egg and salt, but it made the kimbap even better.

If you do make sushi or bring it home and put it in the fridge, the next day it's not good. The rice gets hard. Soak it in egg and fry it and it's good.
4/27/18 8:45 am

Post Sushi is for men... Aaron Scott
who don't know how to start a fire. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/27/18 4:47 pm

Post Cojak
Link, I was 17 before I ever saw a Pizza. I was 75 before I ever saw the word sushi methinks. The word skeers me, so I ain't never tried it. If you was still in the South Mountains, it would skeer you too! LOL

Honestly we have never eaten sushi. I have seen it and I would think that frying it in egg would make a big difference! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/27/18 9:27 pm

Post Re: Sushi is for men... Link
Aaron Scott wrote:
who don't know how to start a fire.

Sashimi is a raw fish dish. Sushi is rice and stuff wrapped in seaweed. Kimbap, the Korean version, does not have raw fish or raw fish eggs. They eat their raw fish without wrapping it up in sushi/kimbap.

I consider what I ate last night to be kimbap. It did not even have any fish.
4/28/18 5:10 am

Post Re: Sushi is for men... Old Time Country Preacher
Link wrote:
Sushi is rice and stuff wrapped in seaweed.

Its at "stuff" what skeers the ole timer...............
Acts-pert Poster
4/28/18 12:13 pm

Post Re: Sushi is for men... Link
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Link wrote:
Sushi is rice and stuff wrapped in seaweed.

Its at "stuff" what skeers the ole timer...............

The 'stuff' in this case was a sliver of daikon root pickle (that yellow pickle), a sliver of chicken sausage, and a sliver of cucumber rolled together. Korean Kimbap may have ground beef (cooked of course), or an imitation crab stick as the meat inside. I haven't seen Korea kimbap made with any seafood except for a cooked imitation crab stick.

The daikon root is a root vegetable. You may not be used to it, but it isn't scary.

The most controversial part is the seaweed wrap on the outside, which tastes fishy if you aren't used to it. This seaweed, kim or gim, which the Japanese call nori is actually quite good for you.

<http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/health/sdut-seaweed-provides-vitamins-minerals-and-2012sep25-story.html>.

The first time I tried kimbap, I did not care for it much. It tasted fishy. Then I got used to eating bits of seaweed in other foods, including Korean ramen noodles when I lived there. I tried some kimbap towards the latter end of my year stay there, and I really liked it. The standard table Korean soy sauce, which is less salty and a bit earthier-tasting than kikoman, goes really well with kimbap.

Hawaii people will take spam wrap it with rice and seaweed and call it 'spam musibi.' Kids love it. I hear someone from Hawaii went to work for 7-11 in Japan and now the Japanese, who tried it in Hawaii, can eat spam musubi in their home country.
5/1/18 12:44 am

Post Link
If superheroes like it, it's probably pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKWNnKhGjWA
5/9/18 9:26 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic