Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Practicing or not...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Practicing or not... buttrfli24
I read a message here that mentioned funeral rules for homosexuals. Read it for details on it.

One of the responses made me curious... how does one define homosexual "sin"? Is it the act? So a practicing homosexual. Is it the desire? Is a person who has homosexual feelings not sinning so long as they are not acting on them? What about a celibate homosexual who is in love with a same gender person? Are they sinning?

In recent times I have been approached with questions like these by young people and I admit I don't know what to say.
4/19/18 12:34 pm

Post Re: Practicing or not... Nature Boy Florida
buttrfli24 wrote:
I read a message here that mentioned funeral rules for homosexuals. Read it for details on it.

One of the responses made me curious... how does one define homosexual "sin"? Is it the act? So a practicing homosexual. Is it the desire? Is a person who has homosexual feelings not sinning so long as they are not acting on them? What about a celibate homosexual who is in love with a same gender person? Are they sinning?

In recent times I have been approached with questions like these by young people and I admit I don't know what to say.

Only the practicing homosexual.

The others - are like other sins - Jesus knows what's in your heart - but the rest of us don't.

When giving the rules to be an elder - it was only the outward practices that were the criteria....the fruit, if you will.
4/19/18 12:37 pm

Post Re: Practicing or not... FLRon
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
buttrfli24 wrote:

The others - are like other sins - Jesus knows what's in your heart - but the rest of us don't.

When giving the rules to be an elder - it was only the outward practices that were the criteria....the fruit, if you will.

I agree with this from NBF, but would the same standard apply if the deceased were a know adulterer who never(outwardly)showed remorse or repentance? I believe it would be the same, but there are a lot of church folks who will lash out at homosexual sin but look the other away when it comes to adultery.
4/19/18 12:57 pm

Post Re: Practicing or not... Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
buttrfli24 wrote:

I agree with buttrfli24, we all need GOOD solid answers to this subject. i have a cousin who was a practicing gay. Later talked to the Lord, was forgiven, now lives alone but still has the 'temptation' but does not cave in.

I do agree with NBF here. It is still hard to express in words, to make it work. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/20/18 10:20 pm

Post buttrfli24
Thanks for your replies. I didn't mean to drop a topic and run, lol.

So, are you saying that if the person is not actively engaged in a sexual relationship then they are in the clear? What about when Jesus taught about adultery of the heart? Or is there a difference between desiring something and actively thinking about it? And what about my question of two people who love each other romantically yet abstain from any physical relationship. Are they practicing or not?
4/24/18 3:00 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
The Bible clearly forbids and condemns homosex acts, such as men having sex with men, or women having sex with women.

With regard to desires, I think it is important to note that what Jesus forbids is the willful desire to have sex with a woman one is not married to. Note the willful action, “to lust after her”:

“But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.” Matt 5:28 KJV

So it would seem that Christ would likewise condemn a man for willfully looking upon another man to lust after him.

If Christ is instead condemning every stray sexual thought or desire that comes into a person’s head, well then even He himself would be condemned, for Scripture says Christ was tempted in all points like as we, yet without sin.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/24/18 3:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic