Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

My top Ten
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Here's the verse Aaron Scott
Isa 58:12 wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
(Romans 14:4 KJV) Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

(Romans 14:5 KJV) One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

(Romans 14:6 KJV) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

I'm sorry Aaron, but you are reading into what you have been taught on the scripture, now what the scripture is saying. Because read the scriptures I have speaking of the Sabbath day and make it fit and how you see Hebrews, & then tell me

Shalom

Sorry, Isa58:12, I did not receive any training or theological direction on this verse. It's just plain common sense.

I HAVE TO TYPE BIG, IM DOING THIS FROM MY PHONE TO COVER UR POINTS. If it's common sense then it would talk about the Sabbath, it does not, sooooo how do you know what speaking of the Sabbath? And Aaron, why don't you address some of the scriptures I put out about the Sabbath, you're clearly ignoring them

Well, then, Isa, what days ARE being talked about? The Passover? HORRORS! That won't work for you either, will it? That is, it is CLEAR that it is pointing out that some people observe certain days, but others don't. But since you believe that all or most of the Jewish traditions should be kept (e.g., Passover), you really can't accept that ANY of these days can rightfully be ignored by non-Jewish believers. That means, basically, that you likely have to hold that this verse is not speaking of Jewish observances...but then that makes it so that YOU are ignoring commonsense.

As for why I don't have to speak to your verses, it's for the same reason that I don't have to address all the verses on circumcision in the OT. Why? Because the New Testament is CLEAR that Gentile believers do NOT have to be literally circumcised. Period. That makes ALL (literal) circumcision verses in the OT null and void for believers.

The same works with the Sabbath. The verse that gives me leave to NOT observe the Sabbath is the same verse that makes it completely unnecessary to have to "deal" with all the verses on the Sabbath. If it is not required of NT believers, then it doesn't matter how many verses you have about the Sabbath, right? To claim such (and you make the claim not only for the Sabbath, but for circumcision and virtually every other element of the Jewish law) means that you consider the NT to be invalid, since you do not believe what it says.

BY THE WAY, you have steadfastly refused to tell me why you will not spell out "God." Is it part of the Law or is it, as I suspect, that you are trying to out Jew the Jews?

SURE, I'VE ALREADY SAID IT ONCE HERE, I'LL SAY IT AGAIN. When I first came to know the L-rd and was studying the Bible, I heard a preacher speak on this, not to profane the Name and I've done it ever since. Not trying to out the Jews, but if it opens up a door to make them jealous amein 😇 Rom 11:11

Saying God or the Name of Jesus is not profaning it unless you are using it amiss. And if you don't recognize that, then I have to believe that you are trying to out-Jew the Jews.

Over and over, you have to IGNORE the plain statements of the New Testament in order to hold to a dead religion?

DEAD RELIGION? AARON, YOU'RE IN THIS FAMILY, THE CREATOR/G-D SAID KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS THEIR LIFE AND THEIR DEATH Dt 30:19-20. So who's in a dead religion?

A dead religion will not get you eternal life. Judaism is as dead as Islam now, for BOTH have rejected Jesus as the Son of God Who died for the sins of the world. Yes, I have heard of Messianic Jews. But notice that they have to use the word "Messianic" to distinguish between themselves and actual Judaism, which rejects Jesus.

Why do you suppose that Gentiles need not be circumcised, need not observe Jewish dietary laws, etc., but apparently MUST observe everything else?

I WILL TELL YOU SOMETHING INTERESTING IN EZEK 44:9; Thus says the Lord God, no "stranger", uncircumcised and "heart", nor uncircumcised In the "flesh" shall enter into My Sanctuary/Temple, of any stranger/gentile that is among the children of Y'srael. That speaking of the earthly Temple, & I believe it applies to the Temple that's coming. The Hebrew word for stranger is not ger/proselyte, it is nacar which is the true foreigner stranger that dwells among Y'srael, but has no desire to keep G-d's Ways..... & G-d says their not getting in

Well, we are no longer aliens from the commonwealth of Israel. Paul lets us know that the Israel of God are those that have believed on Jesus, NOT those who are Jews in flesh or who observe Jewish customs. There's also the whole grafted in thing.

Your logic is broken. At some point, you have to admit to yourself that you are a Judaizer.

AARON, WHEN HAVE I SAID YOU HAD TO BE CIRCUMCISED TO BE SAVED? WHEN HAVE I TOLD YOU YOU HAD TO DO ANYTHING THAT THE BIBLE DIDN'T SAY AS G-D'S PEOPLE. That's a ridiculous statement, & my logic is broken? My logic goes through all text in the Bible with no breakage or contradictions

OK, let me ask you a question: Do you have to be circumcised to fully please God? I'm not talking about the narrow point of whether one must be circumcised to get saved. I am speaking of the wider aspect of living for the Lord?

Does a person have to NOT eat bacon or shrimp to be fully pleasing to the Lord (again, NOT to get saved, but after that)?

In fact, how about telling us just what laws/rules/traditions/customs Gentile Christians can dismiss, yet still be pleasing to God.

I'll be waiting.

😉

When Paul confronted Peter, it was clear that Peter wasn't doing the law as the Jews would have preferred. In fact, if the Jews had had their way, Jesus would have been declared insane and a fool. With wicked hands they crucified Him (Peter pins the blame on the Jews, even though the Romans carried out the act).

WHICH JEWS ARE YOU REFERRING TO, THE NORMAL JEWS, OR THE "RELIGIOUS" JEWS

From what I gather, there were some of both.

I want nothing to do with a dead religion that cannot get a person to eternal life. The ONLY part of the Law that carries over is the part that transcends the Law (the moral code). The law simply codified it, nothing more.

WHICH ONES ARE DECLARED MORAL? Here's something Aaron, stick to the thread, talk about one of the scriptures I put up there let's take it apart piece by piece 😇

The 10 Commandments are the moral code that applies to everyone. However, as for the Sabbath, while I believe it is to be observed, I believe that the passage I have given about this means that it can be observed on this day...or that day...or another day.

In fact, if it were up to me, I would celebrate the Sabbath seven days a week.

HOWEVER, Jesus tells us that all the law and prophets hang on two commandments: Love God...and love your neighbor as yourself. So we don't even need each of the ten, so long as we observe the Big Two.

Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/16/18 9:30 am

Post Pastor Nations

Shalom, Ok, Acts 20:7.... Pastor Nations, let's look at Acts 20 verse 7 with one of the scriptures I put up about the Sabbath. Let's go with Exodus 31:15-16 being that the Sabbath day is an Everlasting Covenant to His people.

You should study this a little further so that you can understand the errors in your belief system.

So now we have a problem, there is no Commandment to Worship on the first day of the week, and there is no Commandment saying the Sabbath is over, & you have Christians (Christ-Like) coming together on another day outside of what the L-rd has said, & you're separated religions Jews & Christianity 🤔..... So now either G-d/Y'shua is wrong, or Paul is wrong, or our thinking and the way we have been taught is wrong 🤔

Or, you are wrong. Which is the case.

Let's do a word study on the word 'week' in Greek. In the Strong's it's # is 4521 sabbaton (i.e. Sabbath). Now let's read the verse; & upon the first of the Sabbath when the disciples came together to break bread...... I didn't put the word day there because the word day has been inserted

Study the Greek a little further. You are not a better scholar than the translators of the New Testament, lol.

So Acts 20:7 it's not so obvious 😏.

Every time you post you make your errors more obvious.

More in Acts 18:5-8, the ruler of the synagogue believed on the L-rd with all his house and many of the Corinthians hearing believed and were baptized to. And they were Jews and Gentiles on the Sabbath day in that same synagogue, & this was like what 22 years after Messiahs death and Resurrection😇

Jews and Gentiles - not Jews and Christians

Now Pastor Nations, that's a big tall name 😏😀, what do we do with the scriptures I stated in the top of the thread

We apply them properly

And you talk and seem like someone I know.....

I love you friend, and I'm surprised you still don't see how wrong you are about all this, and I feel bad for you.

There is no indication that you realize there are people that know more about this than you do.

Many of them have not been "taught wrong", but have actually been taught correctly, and you should listen to them.
Acts Enthusiast
4/16/18 9:37 am

Post When does the day start? Azuza 100
Just a question for you Is 58:12...does your day start at midnight or at sundown? Just wondering. Member
4/16/18 9:45 am

Post Re: When does the day start? Isa 58:12
Azuza 100 wrote:
Just a question for you Is 58:12...does your day start at midnight or at sundown? Just wondering.

Evening in the morning are the first day, sunrise to dusk
4/16/18 1:57 pm

Post Isa 58:12
[quote="Pastor Nations"][quote="Isa 58:12"]
Shalom, Ok, Acts 20:7.... Pastor Nations, let's look at Acts 20 verse 7 with one of the scriptures I put up about the Sabbath. Let's go with Exodus 31:15-16 being that the Sabbath day is an Everlasting Covenant to His people.[/quote]

You should study this a little further so that you can understand the errors in your belief system.

[quote="Isa 58:12"]
So now we have a problem, there is no Commandment to Worship on the first day of the week, and there is no Commandment saying the Sabbath is over, & you have Christians (Christ-Like) coming together on another day outside of what the L-rd has said, & you're separated religions Jews & Christianity 🤔..... So now either G-d/Y'shua is wrong, or Paul is wrong, or our thinking and the way we have been taught is wrong 🤔[/quote]
Or, you are wrong. Which is the case.

[quote="Isa 58:12"]Let's do a word study on the word 'week' in Greek. In the Strong's it's # is 4521 sabbaton (i.e. Sabbath). Now let's read the verse; & upon the first of the Sabbath when the disciples came together to break bread...... I didn't put the word day there because the word day has been inserted [/quote]
Study the Greek a little further. You are not a better scholar than the translators of the New Testament, lol.

[quote="Isa 58:12"]So Acts 20:7 it's not so obvious 😏. [/quote]
Every time you post you make your errors more obvious.

[quote="Isa 58:12"]More in Acts 18:5-8, the ruler of the synagogue believed on the L-rd with all his house and many of the Corinthians hearing believed and were baptized to. And they were Jews and Gentiles on the Sabbath day in that same synagogue, & this was like what 22 years after Messiahs death and Resurrection😇[/quote]
Jews and Gentiles - not Jews and Christians

[quote="Isa 58:12"] Now Pastor Nations, that's a big tall name 😏😀, what do we do with the scriptures I stated in the top of the thread[/quote]
We apply them properly

[quote="Isa 58:12"] And you talk and seem like someone I know.....[/quote]
I love you friend, and I'm surprised you still don't see how wrong you are about all this, and I feel bad for you.

There is no indication that you realize there are people that know more about this than you do.

Many of them have not been "taught wrong", but have actually been taught correctly, and you should listen to them.[/quote]

Answering, your answers one by one Pastor Nations;

1. Please, tell me my errors, and what I need to study 😀
2. What points am I wrong in 🤔
3. I gave you the exact Greek word for Acts 20:7, I have more knowledge than all my teachers 😋
4. Please tell me my obvious mistakes, where are they 😏
5. What do you think a Gentile was before Christianity, and how can people be Christ-Like when they don't do everything He did, just some things😉
6. U keep telling me I'm wrong, but what am wrong with the Scriptures I used for Sabbath? Maybe u can show me😊
7. Great, there are people who know more than me, where are they to answer my Sabbath points 🤗
4/16/18 3:59 pm

Aaron, that thread is too long to do for my phone 😕. I will comment on the other things but right now I'll just comment the last thing you said. That we hang hang these 2 on all the law and the prophets. What are the other laws that were supposed to hang Love on? If we love God will keep his Commandments, John 14:15 & love your neighbor as yourself. The 1st 5 of the 10 Words is to G-d, and the last 5 are too man

That's Y'shua in Matthew chapter 22 giving people a lesson on the 10 Words 😀
4/16/18 4:03 pm

Post Pastor Nations
[Answering, your answers one by one Pastor Nations;

1. Please, tell me my errors, and what I need to study 😀

Pretty much everything you have posted on this forum
2. What points am I wrong in 🤔
Btw, I don't know what you mean by "Christ-like". Christians are people that have been born again - an actual event that takes place by faith and not by works of any type.

Also, can you show a Scripture that has eliminated the death penalty for not observing the Sabbath?
3. I gave you the exact Greek word for Acts 20:7, I have more knowledge than all my teachers 😋
If that is truly the case, then you definitely need different teachers, lol

Besides, there are many resources beyond Strong's. You can't base too much on one word in Strong's.

Strong's is good, but Strong's can only translate a word, not a sentence.

Perhaps a basic Greek class would help you.

And, btw, very few amongst us are good enough in Greek to say that the translators were wrong about a particular word.

4. Please tell me my obvious mistakes, where are they 😏
Just re-read this thread, and others you have posted.
5. What do you think a Gentile was before Christianity, and how can people be Christ-Like when they don't do everything He did, just some things😉
Gentiles are non-Jews. Of course Gentiles were in the synagogues.

Btw, I don't know what you mean by "Christ-like". Christians are people that have been born again - an actual event that takes place by faith and not by works of any type.

Unfortunately, not all Christians are "Christ-like" in some senses of that term.

But being a Christian is not necessarily determined by the things we do or not do.

6. U keep telling me I'm wrong, but what am wrong with the Scriptures I used for Sabbath? Maybe u can show me😊

Sure, no problem - read the New Testament, lol
7. Great, there are people who know more than me, where are they to answer my Sabbath points 🤗

Good teachers have been around for 2,000 years, or so - just like these errors that you cling to.

And, of course, the Holy Spirit will teach you, if you will let Him.
Acts Enthusiast
4/16/18 4:39 pm

Well let me re-set this, this thread is in the Sabbath 😱😏 & u all are jumping ahead of my thread on G-ds Laws 😀. Here's a N.T. Sabbath question, what do we do with Hebrews 4:1-7? Hebrews 4:4, not keeping the Sabbath is disobedience.....

Heb 4:7.... Harden not your hearts
4/16/18 9:51 pm

Pastor Nations, where have I missed it about the Sabbath here? Messiah kept Shabbat, shouldn't have disciples imitate what he did? Luke 6:40; The disciple is not above his Master: but everyone that is perfect shall be **as** his Master. How can you be as your Master Y'shua by disregarding the Sabbath He loved? & U know what I mean when I said Christ-Like, be like Him, my question to u is, what was He like? 😏

& On Acts 20:7, in the word study I did, I have four different word study books and they all say the same thing. I can Google it or go on YouTube and get the same answers I have, not difficult to understand it 😱😉. Did you do the work study yourself? What did you come up with?

Shalom
4/16/18 10:00 pm

Post Pastor Nations
Pastor Nations, where have I missed it about the Sabbath here? Messiah kept Shabbat, shouldn't have disciples imitate what he did? Luke 6:40; The disciple is not above his Master: but everyone that is perfect shall be **as** his Master. How can you be as your Master Y'shua by disregarding the Sabbath He loved? & U know what I mean when I said Christ-Like, be like Him, my question to u is, what was He like? 😏

Jesus kept the Sabbath on the last day of the week because he perfectly kept the Law and fulfilled the Law.

& On Acts 20:7, in the word study I did, I have four different word study books and they all say the same thing. I can Google it or go on YouTube and get the same answers I have, not difficult to understand it 😱😉. Did you do the work study yourself? What did you come up with?

First of all, knowing some Greek words is not the same as translating sentences.

In almost all cases, unless you are a high expert in Greek, the translators have done a better job at selecting particular words than we are.

In Acts 20:7 sabbaton is properly translated "week" - not "Sabbath".

Or else, explain how in Luke 18:12 the word σάββατον (sabbaton) should be translated Sabbath instead of week. -- Please answer this

Last edited by Pastor Nations on 4/16/18 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acts Enthusiast
4/16/18 10:23 pm

Aaron, I'm just gonna start with these, don't u know that the Feasts, Sabbaths are not "Jewish observances"? They are G-d's Feasts Lev 23:1-3. And circumcision is not Jewish law, it's G-d's, Gen 17😇

G-ds Laws for circumcision has never been for salvation like the Pharisees declared in Acts 15:1-5, it is about the sign of the Covenant. Messiah makes a great comment about this I want to remind u of in John 7:23; if a man on the "Sabbath" day receive "circumcision", that the Law/Torah of Moshe should **not** be broken.... 😱 What do we do about that?😏.

Btw, Sabbath & circumcision are not the same... If you don't want to learn or understand the Sabbath you don't have to, but it's an everlasting Covenant in a sign between us and Him 😉. It's up to you

When did I tell you I was in Judaism? If you ever notice Aaron I speak of Messiah all the time & Torah as They are One John 1:14. & As you think that keeping Torah is dead religion, my friend, take that thought and read Psalms 119 and explain it to me how that it is a dead religion 😯

Answer to ur question about being circumcised to please G-d & the aspect of living for G-d. I will give you New Testament answer 1 John 3:22; and whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we **keep** (((His Commandments))), & **do** those *things* that "are" **pleasing in His sight** 😊

Keep G-d's Torah, Laws, Sabbaths, that's His Way & pleasing in His sight😋

Aaron, getting off the subject this is about the Sabbath. But the laws that Gentiles nor Jews can keep are Temple laws, sacrificial laws, High Priestly laws.... Everything else you can and are able Deuteronomy 30:11-14 😉. Those passages prove that G-d has given what is necessary to keep His Commandments/Torah
4/16/18 10:34 pm

Post Pastor Nations

Jesus kept the Sabbath on the last day of the week because he perfectly kept the Law and fulfilled the Law.

First of all, knowing some Greek words is not the same as translating sentences.

In almost all cases, unless you are a high expert in Greek, the translators have done a better job at selecting particular words than we are.

In Acts 20:7 sabbaton is properly translated "week" - not "Sabbath".

Or else, explain how in Luke 18:12 the word σάββατον (sabbaton) should be translated Sabbath instead of week. -- Please answer this
Acts Enthusiast
4/16/18 10:36 pm

Pastor Nations wrote:

FORGIVE THE HOLD LETTERS, I HAVE NO OTHER WAY TO DO THIS. SO IF OUR MASTER KEPT THE SABBATH, WHY CAN'T YOU, U KEEP SUNDAY? & SINCE HE FULFILLED THE LAW, (NOT BY TAKING IT AWAY) WHY ARE ALL THE DISCIPLES KEEPING THE SABBATH, DID THEY NOT GET THE MEMO? 😉

DO U THINK THEY TRANSLATED IT CORRECTLY IN ACTS 20:7? IT HAS TO FLOW IN HARMONY WITH THE REST OF SCRIPTURE, & IT DOES WITH THE WORD SABBATH.

Explain how in Luke 18:12 the word σάββατον (sabbaton) should be translated Sabbath instead of week. -- Please answer this

IM NOT SURE SABBATON THERE SHOULD BE TRANSLATED AS SABBATH, as it is speaking of fasting. The word can go either way.... But then again, it could. It could say; I fast twice in the Sabbath... As that was a Pharisee custom.
4/16/18 11:03 pm

Post Pastor Nations

DO U THINK THEY TRANSLATED IT CORRECTLY IN ACTS 20:7? IT HAS TO FLOW IN HARMONY WITH THE REST OF SCRIPTURE, & IT DOES WITH THE WORD SABBATH.

Yes, it is translated correctly, and it flows with Scripture. You are trying to force it into your theology - this can cause great error.

Explain how in Luke 18:12 the word σάββατον (sabbaton) should be translated Sabbath instead of week. -- Please answer this

IM NOT SURE SABBATON THERE SHOULD BE TRANSLATED AS SABBATH, as it is speaking of fasting. The word can go either way.... But then again, it could. It could say; I fast twice in the Sabbath... As that was a Pharisee custom.

You just proved my point, the Greek sentence cannot be translated into Sabbath.

A simple copy from one source. Some are more technical:

"This phrase in Luke gives us a great example of how words have bundles of meanings, and you have to move beyond the one or two word glosses in your first year Greek grammar.

In Jesus’ parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector, the arrogant Pharisee parades his accomplishments in his prayer: “I fast twice a week (νηστεύω δὶς τοῦ σαββάτου).” δίς is an adverb meaning “twice,” and in this verse σαββάτου is singular.

A related idiom is the more common, “the first day of the week” (Τῇ δὲ μιᾷ τῶν σαββάτων, Luke 24:1; cf. Matt 28:1; Mark 16:2; John 20:1, 19; Acts 20:7) and “for three Sabbath days” (ἐπὶ σάββατα τρία, Acts 17:2).

Added to the mix is the unusual use of the plural τὰ σάββατα when referring to a single day. σάββατον occurs 68x in the New Testament, 25x in the plural. The Lexicon does not distinguish a difference in meaning between the singular and plural.

The fact of the matter is that σάββατον can refer to a single day (whether it is singular of plural) and it can refer to a week; this is lexicon's second entry.

One of the primary tasks in second year Greek is to increase your Greek vocabulary, not just the number of words but also coming to understand the flexibility there is in words."

I can easily quote some much, much more technical answers

Isa, my point is twofold:

1.Properly translating Greek sentences is difficult. Greek words have bundles of meanings. In most cases the translators have selected the correct word.

2. It is a great error to presume we have a better word in order to fit our own bias.
Acts Enthusiast
4/16/18 11:25 pm

Pastor Nations wrote:

Yes, it is translated correctly, and it flows with Scripture. You are trying to force it into your theology - this can cause great error.

You just proved my point, the Greek sentence cannot be translated into Sabbath.

A simple copy from one source. Some are more technical:

"This phrase in Luke gives us a great example of how words have bundles of meanings, and you have to move beyond the one or two word glosses in your first year Greek grammar.

In Jesus’ parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector, the arrogant Pharisee parades his accomplishments in his prayer: “I fast twice a week (νηστεύω δὶς τοῦ σαββάτου).” δίς is an adverb meaning “twice,” and in this verse σαββάτου is singular.

A related idiom is the more common, “the first day of the week” (Τῇ δὲ μιᾷ τῶν σαββάτων, Luke 24:1; cf. Matt 28:1; Mark 16:2; John 20:1, 19; Acts 20:7) and “for three Sabbath days” (ἐπὶ σάββατα τρία, Acts 17:2).

Added to the mix is the unusual use of the plural τὰ σάββατα when referring to a single day. σάββατον occurs 68x in the New Testament, 25x in the plural. The Lexicon does not distinguish a difference in meaning between the singular and plural.

The fact of the matter is that σάββατον can refer to a single day (whether it is singular of plural) and it can refer to a week; this is lexicon's second entry.

One of the primary tasks in second year Greek is to increase your Greek vocabulary, not just the number of words but also coming to understand the flexibility there is in words."

I can easily quote some much, much more technical answers

Isa, my point is twofold:

1.Properly translating Greek sentences is difficult. Greek words have bundles of meanings. In most cases the translators have selected the correct word.

2. It is a great error to presume we have a better word in order to fit our own bias.

Pastor, take your 1 verse in Acts chapter 20:7, & with your interpretation of it and make it flow with Exodus chapter 31 15 and 16 that the Sabbath is a sign and an Everlasting Covenant. You think Paul would go against that and break that? Do you think Y'shua would have done that? 😋
4/16/18 11:41 pm

Post Pastor Nations
Pastor, take your 1 verse in Acts chapter 20:7, & with your interpretation of it and make it flow with Exodus chapter 31 15 and 16 that the Sabbath is a sign and an Everlasting Covenant. You think Paul would go against that and break that? Do you think Y'shua would have done that? 😋

You are asking false questions, because you are creating a false equivalency.

However, it is accurate that Luke, the author of Acts, knew that the disciples met on the first day of the week.
Acts Enthusiast
4/16/18 11:49 pm

Pastor Nations wrote:

You are asking false questions, because you are creating a false equivalency.

However, it is accurate that Luke, the author of Acts, knew that the disciples met on the first day of the week.

Sure Pastor Nations, so then let's talk about Exodus 31:15-16 how the Sabbath day is an Everlasting Covenant, & since you as a believer in Messiah are grafted into Y'srael which G-d gave the Everlasting Covenant of Sabbath to, why don't you do it?

Or pick any of the scripture that have in the beginning, why do you think they don't matter anymore. And here's a question for you, if G-d said something is good could ever be bad, or if G-d said something is bad could it ever be good?

If were grafted into Y'srael, what makes us think we can do something other than what G-d told them what to do 😫
4/17/18 9:26 am

Post Isa 58:12... Aaron Scott
Aaron, I'm just gonna start with these, don't u know that the Feasts, Sabbaths are not "Jewish observances"? They are G-d's Feasts Lev 23:1-3. And circumcision is not Jewish law, it's G-d's, Gen 17😇

Fine. But if so, then what days was Paul referring to regarding some esteeming one day over another, etc.? I told you that you get into a mess here. Because you claimed it wasn't talking about the Sabbath...so then, just which of these feasts or Sabbaths CAN we ignore, per Paul's statement (who was a Jew, by the way)?

G-ds Laws for circumcision has never been for salvation like the Pharisees declared in Acts 15:1-5, it is about the sign of the Covenant. Messiah makes a great comment about this I want to remind u of in John 7:23; if a man on the "Sabbath" day receive "circumcision", that the Law/Torah of Moshe should **not** be broken.... 😱 What do we do about that?😏.

What do I do about it? I simply realize that He was talking to Jews. The rest of the NT plainly, clearly, and unmistakably negates the requirement that any Gentile believer be circumcised. If they want to anyway, fine. But it is NOT a requirement. So you are left to either claim Paul was wrong...or your understanding of circumcision is wrong.

Btw, Sabbath & circumcision are not the same... If you don't want to learn or understand the Sabbath you don't have to, but it's an everlasting Covenant in a sign between us and Him 😉. It's up to you

I'm not at all against learning about it or even observing it. What I am against is acting like it is required of gentile believers if they want to truly please God. There are million good ideas, so to speak, but that doesn't mean you must observe them. It's probably a good idea to not eat too much (any?) bacon. I eat it anyway. And I feel no condemnation--and "if our hearts condemn us not...."

When did I tell you I was in Judaism? If you ever notice Aaron I speak of Messiah all the time & Torah as They are One John 1:14. & As you think that keeping Torah is dead religion, my friend, take that thought and read Psalms 119 and explain it to me how that it is a dead religion 😯

No, JUDAISM is a dead religion. Don't equate Judaism with Jesus, etc. One is life, one is death. The Torah is not Judaism either. If so, maybe they would accept Jesus as Messiah. There are plenty of wise and good things that we can be instructed from in the OT. But it is not REQUIRED beyond loving God and loving your neighbor as yourself. If you cannot distinguish between the transcendent points of the OT and the Jewish-centric points, then you will always think that gentile believers must observe such things to be in good standing with God.

Answer to ur question about being circumcised to please G-d & the aspect of living for G-d. I will give you New Testament answer 1 John 3:22; and whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we **keep** (((His Commandments))), & **do** those *things* that "are" **pleasing in His sight** 😊

Keep G-d's Torah, Laws, Sabbaths, that's His Way & pleasing in His sight😋

Aaron, getting off the subject this is about the Sabbath. But the laws that Gentiles nor Jews can keep are Temple laws, sacrificial laws, High Priestly laws.... Everything else you can and are able Deuteronomy 30:11-14 😉. Those passages prove that G-d has given what is necessary to keep His Commandments/Torah
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/17/18 10:51 am

Post Pastor Nations
If were grafted into Y'srael, what makes us think we can do something other than what G-d told them what to do 😫

What is Y'srael?

I have several large dictionaries and 1,000's of physical and digital books, yet I cannot find that word anywhere.

What is Y'srael?
Acts Enthusiast
4/17/18 2:11 pm

Pastor Nations wrote:

What is Y'srael?

I have several large dictionaries and 1,000's of physical and digital books, yet I cannot find that word anywhere.

What is Y'srael?

That's very funny Pastor Nations, you're very funny 😶. Why are you diverting my question LOL LOL 😱😀😇. With your jokes, you remind me of someone I went to Y'srael with once, he was funny too 😳
4/17/18 9:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic