Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Any thoughts on Matt 16:23?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Any thoughts on Matt 16:23? Isa 58:12
& He turned and said unto Peter, get thee behind me satan, you are an offense to Me, (or you are stumbling block on to Me) for you savorous not the things that be of G-d, but those that be of men ( you're not setting your mind on G-d's interest, but man's)

Does anybody have any thought on this, I always heard that satan possessed Peter for very short time
3/18/18 5:40 pm

Post diakoneo
I understand it to mean that Peter was being an enemy of Christ in this instance. Satan is THE enemy after all! Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/18/18 5:45 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Though Peter was looking forward to Christ in faith, and would have been justified by that faith had he died prior to the resurrection -- as Abraham and the patriarchs were -- he was nevertheless unregenerate at this point, and still had a completely fallen nature.

I wouldn't interpret it to mean that Satan had especially possessed Peter at this point, but Jesus diagnoses his condition and says his mind is set on the things of man rather than the things of God.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/18/18 5:50 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Jesus addressed the source of Peter's comment. Peter was not demon/satan possessed even for one second. Acts-pert Poster
3/18/18 7:58 pm

Post Isa 58:12
How about Peter was in his flesh
3/18/18 9:04 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:
Though Peter was looking forward to Christ in faith, and would have been justified by that faith had he died prior to the resurrection -- as Abraham and the patriarchs were -- he was nevertheless unregenerate at this point, and still had a completely fallen nature.

I wouldn't interpret it to mean that Satan had especially possessed Peter at this point, but Jesus diagnoses his condition and says his mind is set on the things of man rather than the things of God.

So Dave, u would agree Peter was in the flesh, " things of Man rather than the things of G-d". Get behind Me hasatan, satan (adversary), for u are an offense (stumbling block) to Me.

satan means adversary, offense is stumbling block. Peter didn't want to see that happen to Y'shua, his thoughts were those of men. Like the guy he cut off his ear, was that thinking like G-d? No, he was in his flesh.

Peter was being an "adversary" to Messiah & could have been a stumbling block in the plan of G-d.

If we have a mindset of not accepting things from above because how we see things in our heart on the **way** "we" think things should be, then **we** are now in an "adversal" role, of how "we"see things. Peter was I'm that mindset.

The message to Peter in vs 24 was; ... If any man will come after me, let him **deny** "himself"(urself, adversary, human thought) and take up his **cross** (sufferings) and follow Me. I'm tying this into Passover with the story of Peter.

Let's use the Book as our guide/manuel, not flesh
3/20/18 10:34 pm

Post Re: Any thoughts on Matt 16:23? GreatONE
Isa 58:12 wrote:
& He turned and said unto Peter, get thee behind me satan, you are an offense to Me, (or you are stumbling block on to Me) for you savorous not the things that be of G-d, but those that be of men ( you're not setting your mind on G-d's interest, but man's)

Does anybody have any thought on this, I always heard that satan possessed Peter for very short time

I don't know, but I would not want Jesus to said that about me, it would time for serious repentance and soul searching.
3/22/18 4:09 pm

Post Dave Dorsey

Oh hey look, you posted asking if anyone had any thoughts about a passage but the whole time you were just intending to monologue about your beliefs. That was unexpected.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/18 4:20 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:

Oh hey look, you posted asking if anyone had any thoughts about a passage but the whole time you were just intending to monologue about your beliefs. That was unexpected.

Lol, dave, whatever do u mean. Was that not a statement u Believe in?
3/22/18 9:43 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Lol, dave, whatever do u mean.

Rolling Eyes

Dialogue is something ya gotta nurture, bud. You posted like you wanted to have a genuine dialogue and discussion about an interesting passage -- and then you turned it into one of your lecture series. That trick is only gonna work so many times before people start ignoring all of your posts.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/23/18 4:27 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic