Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Upcoming at Spwc.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Upcoming at Spwc. sheepdogandy
Some folks y'all may know.

Moses Choudary; Andrea Pradesh, India Easter Sunday @ 11:00

Overcomers Choir from Ozark Bible Institute and College, Neosho MO; May 7 @ 7:00

Kenny Morris Senior Pastor First Assembly of God, Ellisville, MS; May 28 - June 1 services begin at 7:00

Any of you good folks who find yourself in the North Georgia area come out and visit with us. Very Happy

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/17/18 12:18 pm

Post Re: Upcoming at Spwc. Old Time Country Preacher
sheepdogandy wrote:
Overcomers Choir from Ozark Bible Institute and College, Neosho MO

What does unaccredited schools an independent churches have in common?

Self-regulation an no external oversight.
Acts-pert Poster
3/17/18 1:02 pm

Post I don't know about unaccredited schools but I do know about indie churches Dean Steenburgh
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

Be careful oh mighty judge Country Preach, I left the CoG one time & went fully indie for almost 2 years before we joined a mainline denomination.
During that first 2 years we aligned ourselves with several other local pastors who were invited to join our board of overseers in order to offer oversight to our struggling ministry.
So your opinion is a very weak one at best!!
Believe it or not there are lots of other adults in the room with enough common sense to make sure we ask God for help & direction.
I know you think you have all the answers but this time you missed the mark lol.

By the way, from my personal history, when we left it was attack after attack & accusations were flying all around our community from CoG guys. It was about all kinds of financial misconduct that we were supposedly guilty of.
Not even one ounce of it was true!!
We joined the A/G's after 2 years & enjoyed a healthy relationship with them for the next 15 years & that same church is still a thriving A/G church.
I know you won't believe me, (tongue firmly planted in cheek) but not one guy from the CoG ever, one single time ...not one of them ever picked up the phone to call me & ask me to explain my side of the story.
Nobody called to offer help or condolences & nobody ever wanted to know if the rumors were true about the missing money.
There was zero missing money & eventually it was settled but they never made that news well known.

To this day (33 years later) I'll still get a comment from somebody that will jokingly give me a jab about the time we left & went indie & blah, blah, blah.
I've been back almost 18 years & recently was asked via a PM on this board the following statement/question:
(paraphrased) "we all know that as soon as you get upset it won't take much & we'll see you high tail'n out of here for the A/G's again"
Nothing could be further from the truth!

And we wonder why some of our guys go indie???!!!!???

The CoG has a relationship problem! They have a problem from the top down. Nobody wants to face it & nobody wants to talk about it for fear of losing their little church.
Have you ever noticed it's usually big churches who leave?
We talk about having close fellowship but at times it seems we only have back slappers who want to know your tithe & attendance in case they can wiggle in some how.
I can't help but ask, isn't a real ministry of relational leaders led by trust? Cause it sure seems like trust is something that is missing in the CoG.

Sorry SheepDog, didn't mean to ramble or vent but this notion that indie churches are somehow un-regulated & lack oversight is nonsense!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/17/18 5:31 pm

Post Re: I don't know about unaccredited schools but I do know about indie churches SouthFloridaman
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

Be careful oh mighty judge Country Preach, I left the CoG one time & went fully indie for almost 2 years before we joined a mainline denomination.
During that first 2 years we aligned ourselves with several other local pastors who were invited to join our board of overseers in order to offer oversight to our struggling ministry.
So your opinion is a very weak one at best!!
Believe it or not there are lots of other adults in the room with enough common sense to make sure we ask God for help & direction.
I know you think you have all the answers but this time you missed the mark lol.

By the way, from my personal history, when we left it was attack after attack & accusations were flying all around our community from CoG guys. It was about all kinds of financial misconduct that we were supposedly guilty of.
Not even one ounce of it was true!!
We joined the A/G's after 2 years & enjoyed a healthy relationship with them for the next 15 years & that same church is still a thriving A/G church.
I know you won't believe me, (tongue firmly planted in cheek) but not one guy from the CoG ever, one single time ...not one of them ever picked up the phone to call me & ask me to explain my side of the story.
Nobody called to offer help or condolences & nobody ever wanted to know if the rumors were true about the missing money.
There was zero missing money & eventually it was settled but they never made that news well known.

To this day (33 years later) I'll still get a comment from somebody that will jokingly give me a jab about the time we left & went indie & blah, blah, blah.
I've been back almost 18 years & recently was asked via a PM on this board the following statement/question:
(paraphrased) "we all know that as soon as you get upset it won't take much & we'll see you high tail'n out of here for the A/G's again"
Nothing could be further from the truth!

And we wonder why some of our guys go indie???!!!!???

The CoG has a relationship problem! They have a problem from the top down. Nobody wants to face it & nobody wants to talk about it for fear of losing their little church.
Have you ever noticed it's usually big churches who leave?
We talk about having close fellowship but at times it seems we only have back slappers who want to know your tithe & attendance in case they can wiggle in some how.
I can't help but ask, isn't a real ministry of relational leaders led by trust? Cause it sure seems like trust is something that is missing in the CoG.

Sorry SheepDog, didn't mean to ramble or vent but this notion that indie churches are somehow un-regulated & lack oversight is nonsense!

Amen
Friendly Face
3/17/18 5:46 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Hey Doc. I mean OTCP.

What does a schedule of guest ministers got do with anything you posted.

BTW, Moses Choudary holds degrees from Lee College and the School of Theology. So do his four daughters, one of his sons-in-law holds a Dm from Luther Rice seminary at Emory. Chew on that roll!

The Choir from OBI is coming not the school. Although in the many years of contact with OBI graduates, not one of them has ever disappointed me. Outstanding character.

Kenny Morris, well his name speaks for itself. Maybe you should visit in May. You might pray through.

www.spwc.church
3/17/18 6:46 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
SheepDog
Quote:
Kenny Morris, well his name speaks for itself. Maybe you should visit in May. You might pray through.

bwaabwaabewaabwaa ...eek gags ...arggghhh ...I almost lost my teeth on that suggestion lol
Doc? Repent? Rolling Eyes

What are you focused on?
3/17/18 7:04 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Andy, son, how long have you an me sparred on Acts over indy stuff? Son, the ole timers yankin ya chain. I know they is good solid independent folk saved an goin to heaven (cept in Modesta, CA. Twisted Evil ).

I got relatives who was COG an left the COG an is now independent. The ole timer has preached revivals in independent churches.

Now for OTCP, ifn I was not COG I'd be ashamed. But I know good folk who aint.
Acts-pert Poster
3/17/18 7:48 pm

Post sheepdogandy
I tell you what.

I give you a gold plated invitation to come and experience the OBI choir.

Shucks, you may see me pray through. Wink

www.spwc.church
3/17/18 8:10 pm

sheepdogandy wrote:
I tell you what.

I don't know bro, Summerville is a right fer piece from Pikeville. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
3/17/18 8:29 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
sheepdogandy wrote:
I tell you what.

SheepDog, he can't come by no matter how close/far it is - his identity would be revealed & we would know that a former PB was this OTCP all along.
You stand a lot better chance of me showing up than him & if I come I promise to bring my brand new doctorate with me from this wonderful institution of high learning located right here in rural Modesto, CA. ROFL

What are you focused on?
3/17/18 9:53 pm

Dean Steenburgh wrote:
[You stand a lot better chance of me showing up than him & if I come I promise to bring my brand new doctorate with me from this wonderful institution of high learning located right here in rural Modesto, CA. ROFL

No more than them things cost, Dean, bring Andy one too......... Mr. Green
Acts-pert Poster
3/17/18 10:05 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
[You stand a lot better chance of me showing up than him & if I come I promise to bring my brand new doctorate with me from this wonderful institution of high learning located right here in rural Modesto, CA. ROFL

The link you shared offers a special buy two and get the 3rd one FREE so I think I'll get you both one so mine is the freebie Laughing Laughing Laughing

What are you focused on?
3/17/18 10:09 pm

Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

The link you shared offers a special buy two and get the 3rd one FREE so I think I'll get you both one so mine is the freebie Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Son, ats a real deal.

Dr. SheepDog
Dr. Steenburgh
Dr. OTCP

Hey, we might git appointed to serve on the credentialin committee. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
3/17/18 10:28 pm

Post Best response all year Dean Steenburgh
OTCP
Quote:
Son, ats a real deal.

Dr. SheepDog
Dr. Steenburgh
Dr. OTCP

Hey, we might git appointed to serve on the credentialin committee. Cool

I hereby nominate this quote as the best post for 2018 ROFL ROFL ROFL

The Dr. SheepDog part gave me some serious lol

What are you focused on?
3/17/18 11:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic