Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Stephen Hawking has died

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Stephen Hawking has died Methocostal
I haven't posted for a while.

Sadly, this is among some of the most sad news I have heard in a long time. While the passing of anyone that leaves this world unprepared and not saved is sad, to me, in his case he endured most of his life confined to a wheelchair, unable to speak without technology, yet his mind remained intact. To know he spent virtually his whole life this way and unless he repented, he has now met the God that he did not believe existed.

Sadly, he discovered, too late, the created, in spite of great intellectual gifts, is not greater than the Creator. Ultimately atheists such as Hawking, O'Hara, David Hume, Nietzsche, Sartre and others will bow before the King of Kings and profess that he is Lord.

This is not a time to revel in the fact that Hawking has met the God he thought could not exist was truly the entity that existed before "the Big Bang". If there was a Big Bang, God was the one that ordained it.

It is always a tragedy for one to leave this world unprepared. Hawking possessed such great intellect yet failed to see that his theories pointed directly to an intelligent designor. To me, it is compounded by his being chained for most of his life to a wheelchair to endure eternal torment is sad.
Friendly Face
3/14/18 2:27 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Very thoughtful post. The death of an unbeliever is sobering and sorrowful. I agree that Hawking's death feels especially grievous and sad. If he could speak now he would surely plead for someone to go and testify and tell others about this place of torment. The judgment of God is sobering and silencing. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/14/18 4:13 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Yes - he was pretty outspoken in his ridicule of those who believe in "fairy tales" as he put it.
3/14/18 4:39 pm

Post Very sad to me also Dean Steenburgh
Oddly enough he was able to live what appeared to be a normal life into his 20's before the motor neuron disease began to disable him.
Like Hawking, Carl Sagan who was about as brilliant as any other, also could not accept creation & died in his early 60's.
I believe God gave Hawking over 50 years, while he was severely disabled, to learn as much about the true Master of the universe as he could, but he chose to embrace a lie.
My grandma died of the same disease & God took her home after about 6 years of endurance ...she was full of the Holy Ghost & Fire.
Hawking was given most of his life to accept God's existence & I'm afraid all he found was fire w/out God.
I often pray that some of these people repented before that final breath & maybe they found forgiveness from God who would gladly accept them if they humbled themselves.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/14/18 7:05 pm

Post Cojak
I seldom listened to his theories, nor prognostications. Only God and the soul knows. The soul WILL know, that is for sure. No one can know the working of the soul, mind and brain the last few seconds of a life. But for us humans, his outward life doesn't hold much promise, but GOD............ DOES!

For now our lives go on, Thanks be to God. Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/15/18 9:35 am

Post Re: Stephen Hawking has died Old Time Country Preacher
Methocostal wrote:
I haven't posted for a while.

Meth, son, where ya been hibernatin at?
Acts-pert Poster
3/15/18 12:16 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Looks like a representative said what WE SAID ABOUT MEETING HIS MAKER - AND THE REP GOT IN TROUBLE.
3/15/18 1:10 pm

Post Consider... Aaron Scott
If you had been confined to a wheelchair for decades, growing worse every year, do you think that you just might question whether there is a God? Do you think that the unanswered prayers he undoubtedly prayed might have led him to conclude that no one was listening? I mean, even Jesus asked, “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?”

I remember when David Wilkerson had to admit that the fiery prophecies of doom and gloom that he had declared...had underestimated the mercy of God.

I’m not saying that Hawking went to heaven. I’m simply saying that sometimes God surprises us. Further, we weren’t privy to Hawking’s final moments, thoughts, or prayers.

There are atheists who are really just bitter people. They dislike God, and they try to hit out at Him by being militantly atheistic. But some people are sincere in their unbelief. They simply cannot see it. I like to think that God finds a way to reach out to them at the end. But if not, He is completely just...but we might be surprised at who we find in eternal life.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/15/18 6:58 pm

Post Re: Consider... Old Time Country Preacher
Aaron Scott wrote:
I’m not saying that Hawking went to heaven. I’m simply saying that sometimes God surprises us. Further, we weren’t privy to Hawking’s final moments, thoughts, or prayers.

Aaron is right. Hawking may indeed be with the Lord. I hope he is.
Acts-pert Poster
3/15/18 7:49 pm

Post Link
The video seems to indicate that Hawking said the electronic voice comments in this video at about 3:20 which seem to be theistic in nature, about a higher authority at work so that we and our universe can exist:
http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=88158

The statistical improbability that life could exists is so enormous that physicists have to deal with it. The video above presents the argument that there could be an infinite or great number of universes as a way of doing away with the staggering statistical improbability of life. A problem I see with that is that random events are independent of one another. If you flip a coin (and if doing so is truly random) two times and get heads, the next flip is not any more likely to be 'tails' than previous flips. Assuming we accepted the idea of multiple universes, why would there be statistical dependence between universes? If the big bang kept happening over and over again, would the chances of life occurring after any big bang be affected by what happened in the previous big bang? I do not see these as relevant arguments against the existence of God.

I do not know if there are multiple universes, but I do wonder if there is any evidence for them at all, or if the whole thing is just an excuse to believe in an alternate theory when the scientific evidence is stacked up in favor of the existence of God. Why wouldn't multiverses be considered a 'fairy tale'? Plenty of comic book and science fiction tales have been manufactured based on this theory. Superheroes and supervillians find ways into alternate universes where they may even have to fight alternative versions of themselves.

I have seen him on The Big Bang Theory reruns that seem to play all the time. I haven't followed the show throughout, but the geeks on the show revere Stephen Hawking, and I wonder if other physicists feel the same way. I do not know much about the details of the field of physics, but he is probably so well known outside of academia for relating existing physics theories to nonacademics in ways that are interesting to them (to some of them). He is probably a celebrity because many people find the idea of a genius in a wheelchair, in a body that can barely function at all to be interesting. There are many other physicists doing this type of work who do not become household names.
3/15/18 9:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic