Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

General Assembly Elections

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post General Assembly Elections cogcia
Remind me what offices will we be electing at this assembly? Friendly Face
3/10/18 5:38 pm

Post MrSippi
Council of 18 - (Everyone except Tony Stewart and Kip Box are eligible to serve, unless some overseers are appointed to other areas)

World Mission Director - Eligible to serve another term
Assistant World Mission Director - Eligible to serve another term.

Youth & Discipleship Director - Eligible to serve another term.
Assistant Youth & Discipleship Director - Eligible to serve another term.

We should be done with elections by lunch on the first day.
Friendly Face
3/10/18 7:06 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
MrSippi wrote:

Ya mean 1 day of gen council, an then 3 1/2 days at Disney, Sea World, an fer some of em a trip to Plymouth, FL, to git a docterate?
Acts-pert Poster
3/10/18 9:59 pm

Post cogvegan
I’m not sure how to quote on this forum but that last post was pretty funny. Very Happy Member
3/10/18 10:59 pm

Post Thanks cogcia
Sounds like it is time for a 4 year assembly. Lol
Nothing will change this assembly and that is ok.
Friendly Face
3/10/18 11:21 pm

Post Re: Thanks SouthFloridaman
—

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 3/22/18 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
3/11/18 1:29 am

Post MrSippi
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
MrSippi wrote:

Ya mean 1 day of gen council, an then 3 1/2 days at Disney, Sea World, an fer some of em a trip to Plymouth, FL, to git a docterate?

I didn't say that the agenda would be completed in one day. I said that the elections would be over in one day. That will actually allow for more time to work through the agenda, that I expect to be substantial. This general assembly has the potential to be one of the most productive in many years.
Friendly Face
3/11/18 11:44 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
MrSippi wrote:
MrSippi wrote:

I didn't say that the agenda would be completed in one day. I said that the elections would be over in one day. That will actually allow for more time to work through the agenda, that I expect to be substantial. This general assembly has the potential to be one of the most productive in many years.

I know what ya said, MrSippi. But ain't ya ever noticed at once the voting is over, the number of OB's present to vote is way way down? Ats what I was a speakin of.
Acts-pert Poster
3/12/18 1:08 am

Post skinnybishop
MrSippi wrote:
MrSippi wrote:

Interesting. I don't share your confidence in this assembly's agenda, or productivity at all. Further, I have not heard anyone else express confidence in a productive assembly, either.

What makes you say that, if I may ask?
3/12/18 8:46 pm

Post MrSippi
skinnybishop wrote:
MrSippi wrote:
MrSippi wrote:

Interesting. I don't share your confidence in this assembly's agenda, or productivity at all. Further, I have not heard anyone else express confidence in a productive assembly, either.

Let me just say that I have reason to have confidence that this will be a packed agenda with critical discussion. Some are counting on the fact that many will be like yourself (no personal criticism here. It is your prerogative) and stay at home. That will allow some major issues to pass easily with minimal discussion or debate. I would encourage everyone to make plans to be at this assembly. It is about more than just elections.
Friendly Face
3/12/18 10:17 pm

Post skinnybishop
MrSippi wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
MrSippi wrote:
MrSippi wrote:

Let me just say that I have reason to have confidence that this will be a packed agenda with critical discussion. Some are counting on the fact that many will be like yourself (no personal criticism here. It is your prerogative) and stay at home. That will allow some major issues to pass easily with minimal discussion or debate. I would encourage everyone to make plans to be at this assembly. It is about more than just elections.

Thank you for your answer. Respectfully, I've heard "This Assembly us going to be BIG, you really need to come", a few times before.

I expect an agenda filled with special orders of the day, reports, updates, etc. I expect a measure requiring one of our Executive Committee members to be from outside the US. I expect some report, paper, or other presentation on women in ministry.

The last Assembly had 2 items of substance on the agenda. I can't imagine this one will be different. As of now, I'm not going. If the agenda is as urgent as you imply, when it comes out, I'll consider it. Thanks again.
3/13/18 7:20 am

Post lesserpower
skinnybishop wrote:
I expect some report, paper, or other presentation on women in ministry.

Every GA, there is a change presented which is little more than a back-door effort to change the credentialing process as it pertains to women. The voice of the previous GC is ignored, and yet another vote is brought to the floor. I expect this year will be no different.
3/15/18 7:06 am

Post skinnybishop 4thgeneration
You're just skeered that you'll come home with something more than a copy of the agenda. It's happened before... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Acts Enthusiast
3/19/18 3:10 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
—

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 3/22/18 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
3/19/18 3:30 pm

Post Re: skinnybishop skinnybishop
4thgeneration wrote:
You're just skeered that you'll come home with something more than a copy of the agenda. It's happened before... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Preach. :D
3/19/18 7:51 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic