Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Billy Graham passes away at 99 years old.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Billy Graham passes away at 99 years old. COGLayman
2/21/2018
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. evangelist Billy Graham, who counselled presidents and preached to millions across the world from his native North Carolina to communist North Korea during his 70 years in the pulpit, died on Wednesday at the age of 99, a spokesman said.
He died at 8 a.m. EST at his home in Montreat, North Carolina, according to Jeremy Blume, a spokesman for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
Friendly Face
2/21/18 8:45 am

Post Cojak
I respected Billy and his approach to life. I thought of my mama singing:

The Angels beckon me from Heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

My dad respected Billy's approach to a sermon, SAY SOMETHING MEANINGFUL, simply tell of Jesus and invite others to share your love for Him. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/21/18 11:02 am

Post I was 5 when I went to a Billy Graham Crusade UncleJD
I was 5 years old, my uncle, who was not living for Jesus at the time as far as I know (though he did later), took me and my cousin to the crusade. Truth be told he probably went for the music (I believe Johnny Cash was there). I don't remember a lot about it, but I know that within just a few weeks I asked Jesus into my heart. Billy Graham always managed to live above the fray of all of the other evangelists. I never heard of him living life like this was heaven with big cars and mansions. He always spoke of Heaven as his reward and I believed him. Today that reward has been given, and I can only imagine the thousands upon thousands of people that were there to greet him and welcome home the guy who first lead them to the Savior. God speed Billy and "well done" indeed! Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/21/18 12:14 pm

Post Re: I was 5 when I went to a Billy Graham Crusade Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
I was 5 years old, my uncle, who was not living for Jesus at the time as far as I know (though he did later), took me and my cousin to the crusade. Truth be told he probably went for the music (I believe Johnny Cash was there). I don't remember a lot about it, but I know that within just a few weeks I asked Jesus into my heart. Billy Graham always managed to live above the fray of all of the other evangelists. I never heard of him living life like this was heaven with big cars and mansions. He always spoke of Heaven as his reward and I believed him. Today that reward has been given, and I can only imagine the thousands upon thousands of people that were there to greet him and welcome home the guy who first lead them to the Savior. God speed Billy and "well done" indeed!
Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up

Love that comment JD! Cool
2/21/18 12:40 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
It's astonishing to me that any human being could be that prominent for such a long period of time and be so free of scandal or questions of conduct. Truly an exemplary servant of Jesus Christ. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/21/18 1:45 pm

Post FLRon
Dave Dorsey wrote:
It's astonishing to me that any human being could be that prominent for such a long period of time and be so free of scandal or questions of conduct. Truly an exemplary servant of Jesus Christ.

Amen! Not to mention that he never resorted to gimmickry or theatrics. Not even a hint of phony gold dust. All he ever did was preach Jesus and Him crucified. If only more would have emulated his ministry philosophy, perhaps the focus today would be more about eternal souls than the latest rock star hireling.
2/21/18 4:36 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
FLRon wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
It's astonishing to me that any human being could be that prominent for such a long period of time and be so free of scandal or questions of conduct. Truly an exemplary servant of Jesus Christ.

Amen! Not to mention that he never resorted to gimmickry or theatrics. Not even a hint of phony gold dust. . All he ever did was preach Jesus and Him crucified. If only more would have emulated his ministry philosophy, perhaps the focus today would be more about eternal souls than the latest rock star hireling.

It was always the pure Word of God, a message of Gods love, forgiveness and salvation.
Acts-pert Poster
2/21/18 10:43 pm

Post the most effective evangelist wayne
My son's(20 and 18 ) were talking to me about the death of Billy Graham. I told them he was the most effective evangelist that I know of and they asked why. I told them, I've studied his sermons, watched his services, listened to the singers and musicians and the only conclusion that I can come to is, he was real.

He spoke a simple message, was confident enough to speak to presidents and humble enough to speak to beggars. I told them, that I don't know if Billy Graham ever spoke in tongues to mark him a Pentecostal but truly the Spirit was speaking through this man when he stepped into the pulpit.

He never wavered and did not change his style, he stuck to the Word and lived Christ. Our young people need to see crusades like this.
Acts Enthusiast
2/22/18 8:43 am

Post bradfreeman
He will be missed.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
2/22/18 9:41 am

Post Cojak
[quote="bradfreeman"]He will be missed.[/quote]

True, simply stated! Cool
2/22/18 4:47 pm

Post Hero of the faith cogcia
I always said this man was spirit filled regardless of being Baptist. Lol
Anointed
Friendly Face
2/23/18 11:03 pm

Post Cojak
I just read two old red-neck testimonies of conversions while listening to Billy on the Radio in the early 60's. I like that. Lots of folks listened to the radio while driving their p/u trucks to work. Cool
2/24/18 11:37 am

Post Cojak
From Montreat News

The body of the late Rev. Billy Graham will lie in honor at the U.S. Capitol, congressional leaders announced Thursday, with the evangelist becoming the first religious leader to be honored by the nation in that way.

Graham, who died Wednesday age 99, will lie in honor in the Capitol Rotunda on Feb. 28 and March 1, according to the offices of House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. The two leaders will lead a memorial service once Graham’s casket arrives.

Keep in mind, this is a CHRISTIAN LEADER! And this is still a Christian Nation! Cool

Contrary to some opinions.
2/24/18 11:45 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic