Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

All the stars are aligning at Lee U for his return...or his exit

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post All the stars are aligning at Lee U for his return...or his exit aprilmay2.0
Long time no post. Good to see all my acts brothers and sisters on this board. Haven't had much to say lately, but this juicy nugget was too good to pass up.

this is a conspiracy theory- its a little more conspiracy than theory but here you go.

1- This is the 100 yr celebration of Lee
2- 100 is a nice year to end on
3- Mark Walker has been added as a VP and its assumed he will be president
4- The pres position at Lee is appointed by the COG
5- This is an assembly year and it would be a natural time for an exit and replacement
6- If walker isn't ready yet, would Walt could come back for a brief time to serve as pres.

Again, these are just hypothetical points of discussion because this board is slow. I have no concrete information about this happening. I hope PC stays until he's 100 and i think all names mentioned would be great replacements.

what do you think?
Friendly Face
2/19/18 3:51 pm

Post Re: All the stars are aligning at Lee U for his return...or his exit UncleJD
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
Long time no post. Good to see all my acts brothers and sisters on this board. Haven't had much to say lately, but this juicy nugget was too good to pass up.

this is a conspiracy theory- its a little more conspiracy than theory but here you go.

5- This is an assembly year and it would be a natural time for an exit and replacement
6- If walker isn't ready yet, would Walt could come back for a brief time to serve as pres.

Again, these are just hypothetical points of discussion because this board is slow. I have no concrete information about this happening. I hope PC stays until he's 100 and i think all names mentioned would be great replacements.

what do you think?

It would be great to get a President of Lee that would return it to conservative values and turn over the Princeton humanism that has infiltrated it and ran off countless conservative families in recent years. That's my opinion and I'm sure its not popular here. I do like PC for a lot of reasons, his speaking skills being one of them, but the changes in recent years with all of the democratic party affiliated profs and Princeton "theology" has removed them from consideration for my children (and I am sad about that).
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/19/18 5:34 pm

Post Re: All the stars are aligning at Lee U for his return...or his exit FLRon
UncleJD wrote:
aprilmay2.0 wrote:

what do you think?

It would be great to get a President of Lee that would return it to conservative values and turn over the Princeton humanism that has infiltrated it and ran off countless conservative families in recent years. That's my opinion and I'm sure its not popular here. I do like PC for a lot of reasons, his speaking skills being one of them, but the changes in recent years with all of the democratic party affiliated profs and Princeton "theology" has removed them from consideration for my children (and I am sad about that).

The liberal,humanistic leanings of the “new Lee” are just a few of the reasons why I would not allow my daughter to consider it when she was visiting schools. The leadership of Lee, in fact the COG executive leadership as well owes a huge apology to the hard working men and women who sacrificed so much to build Lee into what was once a great institution.
2/19/18 5:52 pm

Post The Flaw In Your Theory mytwocents
The President of Lee University is not appointed by the Executive Committee.
The position is under the control of the Lee University Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors is appointed by the Executive Committee.
Acts-celerater
2/19/18 6:25 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I don't think PC is leaving for a while.
He is healthy and obviously loves the job...probably too old to take on a new challenge.
Probably has earned the right to name his own terms for when he leaves and who his successor shall be.
2/20/18 8:30 am

Post Re: The Flaw In Your Theory Chicago27
mytwocents wrote:

This is correct. The Board could appoint OTCP and the COG couldn’t do squat about it!
Friendly Face
2/20/18 9:56 am

Post Re: The Flaw In Your Theory UncleJD
Chicago27 wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

This is correct. The Board could appoint OTCP and the COG couldn’t do squat about it!

They are more likely to appoint Oprah, just sayin'
2/20/18 10:45 am

Post Re: The Flaw In Your Theory Mat
UncleJD wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

Oprah. Just think of all the donations and the names on the new buildings. The mind just races with names like "Obama Hall" and "Bernie Sanders School of Theology", or the "Barbara Streisand School of Music" and the "Clinton Administrative Buildings" (one for Bill and one for Hilary). Don't forget the "Snoop Dog Basketball Center."

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
2/20/18 11:04 am

Post Re: The Flaw In Your Theory Nature Boy Florida
Mat wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:
mytwocents wrote:

Oprah. Just think of all the donations and the names on the new buildings. The mind just races with names like "Obama Hall" and "Bernie Sanders School of Theology", or the "Barbara Streisand School of Music" and the "Clinton Administrative Buildings" (one for Bill and one for Hilary). Don't forget the "Snoop Dog Basketball Center."

Mat
As long as the Striesand School of Music is at least two stories tall and the only way to the upper floors is the "Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven" - I am good with it.
2/20/18 11:13 am

Post Re: The Flaw In Your Theory Cojak
Mat wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
...They are more likely to appoint Oprah, just sayin'

Mat
I did smile!!! Smile Smile Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/20/18 12:09 pm

Post Brandon Bowers
I am a product of Lee, and I'm proud of it.

I'm proud that Lee brought in instructors that are different than the COG norm. They challenged me in new ways.

For example, on one end of the spectrum, I had Dr. Jerald Daffe, who was also my advisor for the Pastoral Ministry program. He's about as conservative as they come. The other end was Dr. William Effler, straight out of the Presbyterian Church in Southern California. They were both my 2 favorite professors. They didn't contradict each other, but they both brought different challenging perspectives that I benefited from.

Most of our COG kids have grown up in our churches, and likely only 1 church. While I love my church, that's a single perspective.. a single experience to pull from. In today's day and age, that's simply not going to cut it. We have to provide our students viewpoints outside the COG box.

I'm proud that Lee is challenging our kids with new perspectives. I'll be proud when my now 12 year old goes there. She went to Homecoming with us a few years ago and so far hasn't changed her mind about following in our footsteps.

Further, I'd recommend the naysayers to put up or shut up. If you have a problem with Lee, try reaching out to some of the leaders there and talk about it. I'm sure you will find them professional and accommodating.
2/20/18 1:32 pm

Post UncleJD
Brandon Bowers wrote:
If you have a problem with Lee, try reaching out to some of the leaders there and talk about it. I'm sure you will find them professional and accommodating.

This is sadly not the experience I'm familiar with Brandon, my brother was very close to the democratic party chair heads of faculty, and as soon as he started to challenge anything that started coming out (like marching with the abortionists and lgbtq.. and ignoring the ladies that were marching for life at the same time, and MANY more examples) he was shut down promptly for it. I believe your sincerity, I think there is probably a lot of good to offer at Lee, but the days of Dr. Daffe type influence there are seemingly numbered (I too loved Daffe's teaching). I hope I'm wrong, it has a great legacy. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the local AG school here is FAR more conservative. I have spoken with leadership there and they insist upon conservative values and even ask critical questions of theology and social issues when hiring. Maybe things will change at Lee. Trust me I'm don't have an ax to grind or any animosity, just a lot of concern from former faculty, former and recent students etc...
2/20/18 2:13 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Brandon,
The liberal teachers are certainly more vocal...and openly recruit students to march for democrat political causes.

I see all kinds of marches for non conservative causes - but I have not seen a peep from instructors organizing the march for the unborn.

When they thought marching for DACA's illegal immigrants was the right thing to do - they did that. Trump offered triple the protection for DACA folks in his state of the union - so you would have thought they would be pleased - but no. Now they march for a "Clean" DACA bill - with no fix for the broken immigration system - clearly a democratic ploy. So Lee has become very political.

And Lee administration is silent.

Since they are now political - I have asked Lee administration to openly support the pre-born and laws regarding them - but so far - nothing.

If they can't openly support laws safeguarding the unborn - just what Christian value would they support?

I am concerned. I have openly supported Lee in the past on this forum and elsewhere.
I'm a Lee graduate.
My son is a recent Lee graduate.
And I have a 16 year old daughter that has been committed to going to Lee her whole life. In the last few months - that has waivered for the first time. She isn't sure Lee's values match up with hers anymore. Lee may get one more shot at Lee Day this year. We will see what the administration has to say at some of the open forums that day.
2/20/18 2:56 pm

Post Junejuly3.0
—. Member
2/22/18 1:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic