Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The Apotheosis of Donald J. Trump: What evangelicals gain and lose doing business with the president (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dean Steenburgh
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Dean,

I am absolutely not a closet liberal. (I thought it was against the rules to call people names on this board). As I have stated many times on this board, but you for some odd reason just have ignored, I did not vote for Trump OR Hillary precisely because I am one who highly regards the US Constitution AND because I believe moral character is in every case absolutely essential to good leadership.

I also said in my previous post that Trump had done some things that were good. I just can’t stand his arrogance, his predatory sexuality, nor can I stomach the virtual worship that Trumpeteers heap on him. But hey, I’m sure neither of us will change each other’s mind.

Listen QW, I haven't said anything about your lack of taking a stance for a long time but it's irresponsible at 'least' to claim some sort of acute, political awareness because of your opinion on morals & your high regard for the constitution.
Let's get this clear & understood, I too have high expectations on the one who sits in the oval office but I can't give shallow excuses for not voting for a viable candidate.
In the private enclaves of our hearts there is a switch that says, 'flip this in order to activate the "best" option.'
For many of us we had to vote for him while wishing a miracle would produce a last minute write-in candidate ...but we know that didn't happen.
I had to cast a vote for the "best" option ...not the "least" likely to win.
Hey, if you feel good knowing you voted for some 3rd choice that didn't have a chance thats fine for you, but when you jump on the bandwagon & start assailing insults at Mr. Trump it's a bit disingenuous.
In other words if you couldn't stomach the energy to vote for him then why waste the energy to insult the man over and over again?

You state: "...can’t stand his arrogance, his predatory sexuality, nor can I stomach the virtual worship that Trumpeteers heap on him. But hey, I’m sure neither of us will change each other’s mind."
I can't change your mind only you can do that.
I'm not a Trump worshipper & I take great exception with this type of nonsense you have stated more than once.
Just bc I have great expectations for America under his leadership doesn't mean I worship the man, how ridiculous is your insult!!

He has a sordid past from many years ago, I agree with that, but I assume it doesn't mean its part of who he is now.
I too have a sordid past ...don't you?
Is it who I am now or who you are now? Are we judged daily by people who claim that's who we are today?
NO! God forbid!

Maybe God is working on his heart & using evangelicals to offer him direction & Godly advice.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/17/18 1:52 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
... [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/17/18 1:54 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Dean,

I am absolutely not a closet liberal. (I thought it was against the rules to call people names on this board). As I have stated many times on this board, but you for some odd reason just have ignored, I did not vote for Trump OR Hillary precisely because I am one who highly regards the US Constitution AND because I believe moral character is in every case absolutely essential to good leadership.

I also said in my previous post that Trump had done some things that were good. I just can’t stand his arrogance, his predatory sexuality, nor can I stomach the virtual worship that Trumpeteers heap on him. But hey, I’m sure neither of us will change each other’s mind.

Listen QW, I haven't said anything about your lack of taking a stance for a long time but it's irresponsible at 'least' to claim some sort of acute, political awareness because of your opinion on morals & your high regard for the constitution.
Let's get this clear & understood, I too have high expectations on the one who sits in the oval office but I can't give shallow excuses for not voting for a viable candidate.
In the private enclaves of our hearts there is a switch that says, 'flip this in order to activate the "best" option.'
For many of us we had to vote for him while wishing a miracle would produce a last minute write-in candidate ...but we know that didn't happen.
I had to cast a vote for the "best" option ...not the "least" likely to win.
Hey, if you feel good knowing you voted for some 3rd choice that didn't have a chance thats fine for you, but when you jump on the bandwagon & start assailing insults at Mr. Trump it's a bit disingenuous.
In other words if you couldn't stomach the energy to vote for him then why waste the energy to insult the man over and over again?

You state: "...can’t stand his arrogance, his predatory sexuality, nor can I stomach the virtual worship that Trumpeteers heap on him. But hey, I’m sure neither of us will change each other’s mind."
I can't change your mind only you can do that.
I'm not a Trump worshipper & I take great exception with this type of nonsense you have stated more than once.
Just bc I have great expectations for America under his leadership doesn't mean I worship the man, how ridiculous is your insult!!

He has a sordid past from many years ago, I agree with that, but I assume it doesn't mean its part of who he is now.
I too have a sordid past ...don't you?
Is it who I am now or who you are now? Are we judged daily by people who claim that's who we are today?
NO! God forbid!

Maybe God is working on his heart & using evangelicals to offer him direction & Godly advice.

Excellent post.
2/17/18 7:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic