Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Publishing anonymously, but still owning it

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Publishing anonymously, but still owning it Link
Hi,

I was thinking of publishing a Christian book, but it could be kind of sensitive material for some of the places I might work. I was thinking of publishing under a pen name, but letting on that it's a pen name, so as not to deceive. I was thinking of putting copyright by [insert company name] LLC.

I know some states let you look up LLCs.

I'm just thinking if I applied for a job in certain countries, having my book on Amazon, for example, with my name or nickname on it might hurt me with employers or it could draw some attention from other organizations who do not like what I publish. I don't think anyone in the US would care, but in some countries it might be an issue.

What are my options?
Acts-perienced Poster
2/9/18 11:06 pm

Post Cojak
If you do not mind buying the ISBN, that makes you the publisher, not the printer, but the publisher. Before I realized I wasn't going to write a Tom Sawyer or a Harry Potter I bought ten ISBNs. Once I owned the ISBN's i needed a name. Out of the Blue I created J & S Publishing. I don't think anyone can trace that to me unless they are VERY INTERESTED TO find out. As far as Pen names, that is neither wrong or hiding. Most high profile writers can and do produce more than one book a year. So the other books they write are under a Pen name. Some Pen names are accepted as THE MAN It was years before I knew 'Jack Higgins', one of my favorite writers, was a Pen Name. Nothing deceptive about it.

In reality it would probably be no problem just to publish under a Pen name and forget it.
That is a personal call.
Hope you are well my friend. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/10/18 11:45 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic