Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Third GRade Education, Does anyone know this speaker, Rick Rigsby?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Third GRade Education, Does anyone know this speaker, Rick Rigsby? Cojak
I see the name, but he is new to me. Seems and sounds like a motivator, That Doctorate is probably legit!

https://www.facebook.com/goalcast/videos/1585909778152873/

My dad had to leave school in the 3rd grade to work on the farm. He felt the call to preach and started a program of self education. He was one of the most dedicated Godly men I knew.

There are some great lines in this 'sermon/speech.

Last edited by Cojak on 1/23/18 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/22/18 10:09 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I've seen the video on FB but never stopped long enough to listen to it until tonight. Very good!

From his personal FB page, here is the following info about Rick Rigsby:

About
Rick Rigsby is an ordained minister, motivational speaker, and author. Rick's most important roles are husband, father, grandfather and friend!
Biography
A powerful voice of reason in a culture of chaos, Dr. Rick Rigsby is a favorite among audiences worldwide. Whether he is motivating financial giants on Wall Street or fifth grade teachers at an elementary school—Rick Rigsby encourages and empowers audience members to become great people who do great things.

Born and reared in the San Francisco Bay Area, Rick graduated from college in 1978 with a degree in communications and a goal to be a network correspondent.

Following a successful career as a television news reporter for a CBS affiliate in Northern California, Rick Rigsby earned his Master's degree from California State University, Chico, followed by his Doctorate from the University of Oregon. Graduate school was followed by two decades as a college professor—the last 14 years at Texas A&M University—where he also served as character coach and chaplain for the Aggies football team.

Dr. Rigsby now devotes his full attention to empowering people worldwide—from presenting leadership principles in Nigeria to speaking to Fortune 500 companies in the Americas, Europe and Canada. In high demand among educational, business and service organizations and a favorite among professional sports organizations including the National Football League and the PGA, Rick offers common-sense wisdom to those desiring to rise to greater levels of excellence.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/22/18 11:42 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
I've seen the video on FB but never stopped long enough to listen to it until tonight. Very good!

From his personal FB page, here is the following info about Rick Rigsby:

About
Rick Rigsby is an ordained minister, motivational speaker, and author. Rick's most important roles are husband, father, grandfather and friend!
Biography
A powerful voice of reason in a culture of chaos, Dr. Rick Rigsby is a favorite among audiences worldwide. Whether he is motivating financial giants on Wall Street or fifth grade teachers at an elementary school—Rick Rigsby encourages and empowers audience members to become great people who do great things.

Born and reared in the San Francisco Bay Area, Rick graduated from college in 1978 with a degree in communications and a goal to be a network correspondent.

Following a successful career as a television news reporter for a CBS affiliate in Northern California, Rick Rigsby earned his Master's degree from California State University, Chico, followed by his Doctorate from the University of Oregon. Graduate school was followed by two decades as a college professor—the last 14 years at Texas A&M University—where he also served as character coach and chaplain for the Aggies football team.

Dr. Rigsby now devotes his full attention to empowering people worldwide—from presenting leadership principles in Nigeria to speaking to Fortune 500 companies in the Americas, Europe and Canada. In high demand among educational, business and service organizations and a favorite among professional sports organizations including the National Football League and the PGA, Rick offers common-sense wisdom to those desiring to rise to greater levels of excellence.

Thanks Carolyn, I did not think to check there. I appreciate it. I can believe he is a minister. I sure like his presentation. He definitely is motivational!

He is new to me, but I sure liked this presentation. Cool
1/23/18 1:18 pm

Post Da Sheik
That was great! Thanks for sharing. I posted a thread a few weeks ago about leadership goals for the coming year. It has received one reply (which I appreciated Laughing ). I think every minister.....every Christian needs to listen to something like this on a regular basis. No, he wasn't necessary "preaching", but we need some motivational speeches too.

Thanks again for sharing!
Acts Enthusiast
1/23/18 1:48 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
That was great! Thanks for sharing. I posted a thread a few weeks ago about leadership goals for the coming year. It has received one reply (which I appreciated Laughing ). I think every minister.....every Christian needs to listen to something like this on a regular basis. No, he wasn't necessary "preaching", but we need some motivational speeches too.

Thanks again for sharing!

That highlighted portion I can attest to. When I was in business I listened to ZIG and Nightengale on a fairly regular basis. They could hit me with a buzz word or a phrase that stuck with me for weeks, some for life.

But I always felt like they kept the juices flowing as I built. This guy hit me as REAL. I have no doubt his dad's climb was tougher than mine, but I enjoyed the similarities.

The one thing was realizing (EARLY) how much his dad had given him. I was hit with the similarity with my dad who fit the same mold and became a great pastor and a good preacher because he knew WORK and could sympathized with cotton mill workers and did not want to WASTE their time, but wanted to be a blessing. BUT I was much older before I realized how wise my dad was. He also taught himself to read and write.

I have no illusions that this man's dad did not have it harder than my dad. but I was so caught by their early similarities. Cool
1/23/18 2:13 pm

Post Re: Third GRade Education, Does anyone know this speaker, Rick Rigsby? Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
That Doctorate is probably legit!

Yep, the docterate is legit an real. No milled credential here.
Acts-pert Poster
1/23/18 3:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic