Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Bitcoin(Cryptocurrency) (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post South Korea bans trading by banks UncleJD
South Korea becomes the first to ban crypto currency trading by banks. Others will follow. In my opinion, despot countries such as North Korea and Venezuela will are investing heavily trying to boost their failed economies, while free countries will start to back off or regulate them if possible.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/business/south-korea-bans-its-banks-from-dealing-in-bitcoin/articleshow/62052999.cms
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/14/17 10:02 am

Post JLarry
Someone tried go get me involved about 2-3 years ago. Don't remember the price then, my son thinks it was about 1200.00 each. Heard on a radio talk show this week they are now 15-17 K.

I don't have any and have no plans to purchase any. That 17k could go to .50.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/14/17 5:48 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
JLarry wrote:
Someone tried go get me involved about 2-3 years ago. Don't remember the price then, my son thinks it was about 1200.00 each. Heard on a radio talk show this week they are now 15-17 K.

2 -3 years ago they were around $250.00.
Good call on your part.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/14/17 8:19 pm

Post UncleJD
I don't think most people who are buying them right now as a speculative investment (which most are), understand what they are buying.

Now block-chain technology, I'm on board with that and want to invest in companies that will use it.

There are some newer technologies emerging that are faster than block chain and more useful as a medium for exchange.
12/15/17 4:04 pm

Post Over 18 thousand at 1:00 am spartanfan
At 1:00 am Bitcoin topped 18 thousand for the first time. Lots of people are glad they didn't listen to experts like Mark Cuban a few months ago! It was project at 15 by Christmas and 18 by the end of January. By Christmas 2018 to hit 25 thousand but since it hits every projection early - that is very conservative at this point. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
12/16/17 2:09 am

Post Re: Over 18 thousand at 1:00 am UncleJD
spartanfan wrote:
At 1:00 am Bitcoin topped 18 thousand for the first time. Lots of people are glad they didn't listen to experts like Mark Cuban a few months ago! It was project at 15 by Christmas and 18 by the end of January. By Christmas 2018 to hit 25 thousand but since it hits every projection early - that is very conservative at this point.

There is nothing conservative about bitcoin speculation
12/16/17 11:33 am

Post UncleJD
I hope none of yall went out and charged bitcoin on your credit cards. Its down by half of its peak value today. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/16/18 5:21 pm

Post JLarry
Quote:
And ----- It just topped $17K, wow! If you're already in and in low, then congrats! (I'd sell it and be happy, but that's me).

I guess I'll start my own crypto-currency. Soon, there could be as many as there are websites!

I could have bought about 3 years ago at less than 300.00

Acts Mod
1/17/18 6:29 pm

Post Steem and Steem Dollar (L) famousflavius
If you want to get involved in crypto and not invest any money up front you can go to steemit.com and start an account. There you can get paid for social media posts and earn steem and steem dollars.

I have earned around 400 bucks there and bought Bitshares and Dogecoin with the profits from steem. Steem is at around 4 dollars today but has gone as high as 12 recently. You can find all the crypto values here https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
1/22/18 1:18 pm

Post $8500 today UncleJD
spartanfan wrote:
At 1:00 am Bitcoin topped 18 thousand for the first time. Lots of people are glad they didn't listen to experts like Mark Cuban a few months ago! It was project at 15 by Christmas and 18 by the end of January. By Christmas 2018 to hit 25 thousand but since it hits every projection early - that is very conservative at this point.

Still sure about it?

Maybe its time to get in? Or maybe the world is realizing this is funny-money? Your call. I honestly think the technology behind it has a real future but not convinced on the currency.
2/2/18 8:51 am

Post Cojak
I honestly wish I could get a handle on the idea of 'bitcoin'.

I feel like the guy with a T model and someone trying to explain that you no longer need that crank, you just turn the key and it starts! WHAT???

Quote JD:
I honestly think the technology behind it has a real future but not convinced on the currency.

My logic and old ideas just cannot grasp the new 'technology'. People like me must see and 'hold' something we have of 'value' Real Estate & cash I understand. HOWEVER I am learning that REAL ESTATE that does not produce income will 'break a rich man' due to taxes.

Is the HUGE % of growth taxed on this new monetary system???
$300 to $18,000 dollars? we had land and houses go crazy a few years back and cost the country big time.

Embarassed Embarassed Confused Confused Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/2/18 11:11 am

Post Chicago27
JLarry wrote:

And will
Friendly Face
2/2/18 12:41 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Chicago27 wrote:
JLarry wrote:

And will

Yep...hope everyone took that advice! Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/9/21 11:13 pm

Post UncleJD
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:
JLarry wrote:

And will

Yep...hope everyone took that advice! Smile

I'm still not a fan of bitcoin, but I've come around on crypto-currency. I prefer the one that is about 100 times faster (a bitcoin transaction costs $10 and takes hours sometimes). It is also not as decentralized as some. But, as I apparently said 3 years ago, I still feel block-chain is the future, and I'm investing in it.
2/10/21 9:18 am

Post UncleJD
You guys who have had bitcoin for the last 3 years + (since this thread started), can you tell us what kind of purchases and sales you've made with it? Other than speculative buying and selling of the coins themselves, have you bought anything significant or sold anything using it? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/11/21 12:47 pm

Post JLarry
I have been trading stock and crypto currency for almost two years.
When I first heard of BTC I could have bought for about 3.00. Today it is over 47k.

I am a very small player. I but when it is low and as soon at it gains 5% I sell. This includes crypto currency. I like crypto because it is more volatile.

When I mention I trade stock, it concerns me that folks thing I have lots of $$$. Not so but hope so one day. Still trying!

In 2007 I started flipping houses. Bought one flipped and made some cash. Went to the bank for more only to be told they no long lend on property outside our area. I was so disappointed. Turned out to be one of the best thing that happened to me because the economy tanked. If I would have bought the property I may have lost it.

My Dad would say, "son I remember the Hoover days". Now I can say I remember the Carter days the Obama days and soon the Biden days.

Those of you who voted for Biden, I don't care if this offends you.

Acts Mod
2/11/21 1:17 pm

Post UncleJD
JLarry, besides trading bitcoin, have you made any major purchases or sales using bitcoin as the currency of exchange? That is what I'm trying to find out. It seems to me that until that is "normal", then it is not a very viable currency. I know some businesses accept bitcoin as payment (gold/silver bullion websites come to mind), but have you or anyone here actually trusted it enough to buy or sell with it? You mention that you like it because it is MORE volatile, and that's my point. I'd assume its easy to buy with it, but would you trust it enough to take it as payment? If so, do you get close to the "spot" price when you do? Just curious is all.

Last edited by UncleJD on 2/11/21 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
2/11/21 4:52 pm

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
JLarry, besides trading bitcoin, have you made any major purchases or sells using bitcoin as the currency of exchange? That is what I'm trying to find out. It seems to me that until that is "normal", then it is not a very viable currency. I know some businesses accept bitcoin as payment (gold/silver bullion websites come to mind), but have you or anyone here actually trusted it enough to buy or sell with it? You mention that you like it because it is MORE volatile, and that's my point. I'd assume its easy to buy with it, but would you trust it enough to take it as payment? If so, do you get close to the "spot" price when you do? Just curious is all.

Thanks for asking that JD, I have wondered the same thing. I probably could not pay my grocery bill with bit coin, but could I buy a new car with the currency? I wonder too much... Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/11/21 8:05 pm

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
JLarry, besides trading bitcoin, have you made any major purchases or sells using bitcoin as the currency of exchange? That is what I'm trying to find out. It seems to me that until that is "normal", then it is not a very viable currency. I know some businesses accept bitcoin as payment (gold/silver bullion websites come to mind), but have you or anyone here actually trusted it enough to buy or sell with it? You mention that you like it because it is MORE volatile, and that's my point. I'd assume its easy to buy with it, but would you trust it enough to take it as payment? If so, do you get close to the "spot" price when you do? Just curious is all.

Thanks for asking that JD, I have wondered the same thing. I probably could not pay my grocery bill with bit coin, but could I buy a new car with the currency? I wonder too much... Embarassed

Precisely Cojak. I think you can buy a Tesla with it (if not now, soon since Elon Musk just invested a fortune into bitcoin). That's a good sign, but is it enough? Billionaires willing to speculate on the coin doesn't mean the average person would be when it comes to their livelihood. I for one wouldn't want to sell something thinking I'm getting $1000 and find out the next minute its only worth $500. Its still way too volatile for me and I think most people in the real world. But as a change from 3 years ago, I'm willing to speculate a little (I prefer digibyte right now, its low cost and has a much better technology behind it and is an open platform that is truly decentralized and leverages other block chain records such as receipts, contracts, etc.. that I think really are the future of block chain). My biggest worry is that governments are going to realize that this could really undermine their currency and destabilize everything. India is already planning to completely "ban" it. I don't know if they can do it, but they will try. I'm sure it starts with blocking IPs from companies that trade in it first. It is the very definition of "disruptive" tech.
2/12/21 9:56 am

Post Carolyn Smith
My son contacted me last week about bitcoin. My husband had mentioned he had bought some, and our son said it was selling for $50,000 and might be a good time to sell. Hubby had forgotten about it. Turns out he had bought shares worth $100 some time ago. That $100 investment is now worth almost $500! He is trying to decide if he should sell it or wait to see if it goes up more.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/19/21 9:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic