Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump did not say it(L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump did not say it(L) Resident Skeptic
Not that it will matter to certain ones....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/georgia-senator-now-says-trump-not-use-word-160807678.html
1/14/18 12:53 pm

Post UncleJD
Although I don't agree with what you said about Bro. Hill (I believe he said what he did it in the best of Christian unity and with the disclaimer of "if it is true"), I will say that I am very disheartened by so many conservative Christians who have taken to believing everything they hear negatively about our President though it is disproved nearly every time. If somehow, all the negative things, especially the "collusion" is somehow proven to be true, I will be first in line to call him out as a liar (for the denial alone), and demand his resignation. However, if such a time never happens. Then won't all of those who so readily agreed, be guilty of false and unrighteous judgement, siding in with the enemies of truth? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/14/18 1:10 pm

Post Cojak
Whether a fake cat or a real one once it is out of the bag it is IMPOSSIBLE to put it back in. It just does not work! Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/14/18 1:15 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
So on the next day he couldn't recall, but he went to "no way no how" a couple of days after that?

It's not reasonable to think that someone "wouldn't recall" a statement like that. It's not reasonable to think that someone would go from uncertain to certain that it wasn't said.

Multiple senators said they "didn't recall" -- the initial White House statement didn't deny it -- but as it becomes more radioactive, the denials and memories become more sure. Not buying it.

One of two things is true -- it was said, which is why it wasn't initially denied and why senators "couldn't recall" -- or, language like that is so common from Trump that senators genuinely couldn't recall whether he said it in this specific circumstance.

People will believe what they want to believe, and that goes for me too. I don't think I have a preference between Trump and Dick Durbin and I have no reason to trust one over the other. I do find the progression of "truthfulness" here very suspect.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/14/18 2:18 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
So on the next day he couldn't recall, but he went to "no way no how" a couple of days after that?

It's not reasonable to think that someone "wouldn't recall" a statement like that. It's not reasonable to think that someone would go from uncertain to certain that it wasn't said.

Multiple senators said they "didn't recall" -- the initial White House statement didn't deny it -- but as it becomes more radioactive, the denials and memories become more sure. Not buying it.

One of two things is true -- it was said, which is why it wasn't initially denied and why senators "couldn't recall" -- or, language like that is so common from Trump that senators generally couldn't recall whether he said it in this specific circumstance.

People will believe what they want to believe, and that goes for me too. I don't think I have a preference between Trump and Dick Durbin and I have no reason to trust one over the other. I do find the progression of "truthfulness" here very suspect.

It's media spin. He wasn't expressing doubt on what was said. He was simply saying he was there and never heard such a thing being said. He was not initially saying, "Gee. I don't know if I heard that or not. I can't remember if I heard that."
1/14/18 2:24 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
It's media spin. He wasn't expressing doubt on what was said. He was simply saying he was there and never heard such a thing being said. He was not initially saying, "Gee. I don't know if I heard that or not. I can't remember if I heard that."

“We do not recall the President saying these comments specifically but what he did call out was the imbalance in our current immigration system, which does not protect American workers and our national interest,” the two lawmakers said in a joint statement Friday.

From the NY Post (definitely a publication friendly to conservatives); emphasis mine.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/12/gop-lawmakers-dont-recall-trumps-0000hole-slur (replaces 0s for correct URL)

If a Democrat said they "didn't recall" rather than giving an absolute statement denying something, I think you'd doubt the veracity of the statement, and rightfully so. If someone told me you said something awful that I know you didn't, I wouldn't say, "I don't recall Resident Skeptic saying that." I'd say, "He didn't say that." Maybe Purdue and Cotton are just bad at communication, but as politicians, that also strains reason. I just find it really hard to fill this gap with trust.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/14/18 2:32 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

“We do not recall the President saying these comments specifically but what he did call out was the imbalance in our current immigration system, which does not protect American workers and our national interest,” the two lawmakers said in a joint statement Friday.

From the NY Post (definitely a publication friendly to conservatives); emphasis mine.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/12/gop-lawmakers-dont-recall-trumps-0000hole-slur (replaces 0s for correct URL)

If a Democrat said they "didn't recall" rather than giving an absolute statement denying something, I think you'd doubt the veracity of the statement, and rightfully so. If someone told me you said something awful that I know you didn't, I wouldn't say, "I don't recall Resident Skeptic saying that." I'd say, "He didn't say that." Maybe Purdue and Cotton are just bad at communication, but as politicians, that also strains reason. I just find it really hard to fill this gap with trust.

Durbin is a known liar. No credibility.
1/14/18 4:12 pm

Post Cojak
What was it last week? I can't remember right now, and I mean that. It will be something bigger next week. I have said it over and over I am very disappointed in Trumps control and 'shooting from the hip'.

I think the press and media of all sorts LOVE TRUMP. They consider him such a big target he is impossible to miss. There are times I think he gets a kick out of being the target.

I said also that if the 'Never Trump folk' were right before the election That he was too ???? to be president. If so, he would do something bad enough to be removed from office and Pence would step in. So far that has not happened. it has come to the point I am not sure it will. I understand QW's prayers that he will resign, but I don't see it happening. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/14/18 5:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic