Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Today I feel sorry for TV watchers

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Today I feel sorry for TV watchers Cojak
I just shut my hearing devices off, my head is spinning. I have just spent 2 hours with my wife on the remote control trying to find a morning worship service. We opted to stay in this morning. That was a mistake methinks. I have never liked, enjoyed, appreciated or understood (One of those words must cover how I feel about fast, wide open preachers) a minister sounding like the 'traditional,lampooned' car salesman. Don't give anyone time to assimilate what you said but make sure you throw in the 'key memory words' associated with your product.

Three of the ministries have seen 'MILLIONS SAVED, HEALED TRANSFORMED' this year thru your gifts. WOW I live in a little bubble.

I even got a taste of what is covered in a post here, "Declare and Decree" @ 300 words a minute!

I can't even remember all the services, something about all nations, Brownsville, James River, Kirkpatrick or Killpatrick. Someguys in suits some in T-shirts. I think we stayed on K-patrick the longest. He reminded me of ??? the pastor in SanAntonio some of you guys don't like. We have attended his church a couple times. He is a good entertainer or good speaker. (My memory isn't good anymore)

We even got about 5 minutes of Jimmy Swagart I ain't crazy about Swaggart, he caused me enough trouble before he fell. My wife thought he was the best. She likes music. I was glad to see that channel change.
Anyway, that is the most TV I have watched in two years. The first time our TV has been on in 6-8 months.

I missed "The Church on 'THE WAY'", I like that guy. He speaks and gives you time to understand him. I even missed Charles Stanley.

To wrap this up, I miss a local church where I trust the pastor because I know him. I feel responsible for my finances, they go where I know it will be used responsibly. Our pastor and local church isn't 'winning Millions' but people are being touched, blessed and folks are fed (spiritually and physically) Things are set aside for the poor and needy etc. I know that a talking head I do not know is not asking me for money so fast I can't remember why he is asking.

I just wanted to vent, and to admit I was stupid for not going down the street to the little Baptist church this morning. (I am glad we decided against 'The Rock' though). They advertised that they were going to be LOUD>>>> Embarassed Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/10/17 12:33 pm

Post Cojak
I am so dumb, I didn't even know God had a network. (God tv network) Shocked
SID Roth? Imma get back under my rock! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
12/10/17 12:35 pm

Post Re: Today I feel sorry for TV watchers Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
Three of the ministries have seen 'MILLIONS SAVED, HEALED TRANSFORMED' this year

Was one a the three National COG in DC? If Copeland's mantle mongering prophecy was real, NCOG should be one a these three. An immediate 10-fold increase, he said.

DISCLAIMER: This post is in no way intended to demean Stephen Lowery. It is intended to call Copeland to account.
Acts-pert Poster
12/10/17 12:45 pm

Post georgiapath
It's a zoo out there in tv land. I have never and will never give one cent to a tv preacher. Acts-dicted
12/10/17 1:13 pm

Post Cojak
I looked a little while ago and lo and behold I saw that Sherry had found Charles Stanley. WOW he has aged and was sitting down part of the time during his sermon. So I stopped to listen. I could understand him and as always I think the man is a child of God.

I read here on Acts and in a lot of COG pulpits that the sinner's prayer is 'hogwash'.

Let me tell you in the way Stanley presented it today at the end of his sermon it was not HOGWASH. I believe that anyone following his instructions in that final prayer seriously, would be welcomed into the arms of Jesus. It was not just a repeat after me prayer, but a supplication. Anyway, I look at things from a different perspective. If you have a hearing problem. If folks are starting to mumble, if you are asking, 'what did you say?' a lot, SIR or MA'AM, you are developing a hearing problem and it ain't gonna get better without hearing aids or a miracle, just sayin'.

It is a breath of fresh air (so to speak) to hear and 'UNDERSTAND' what a minister says. Most of us old folk cannot 'HEAR FAST'. Embarassed Embarassed There for a Baptist preacher you can hear is better than a Pentecostal Preacher you cannot! Wink
12/10/17 1:46 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Suggestion: 6 pm Eastern time, www.cfcky.com and hit livestream. It is Tommy Bates. They have church on Sunday night. He has an alter call at each service. Last Sunday night, 2 young men received the Holy Ghost as they were giving their testimony. Powerful services. He archives them for 7 days, so if you can't watch them while current, you can catch them later. He also livestreams his 10:45 am Sunday morning service. He has 3 Sunday morning services and one Sunday night. He preaches all of them. Very anointed and good services. He has been going to the church all his life and has been pastoring full time since 1981. Church is located in Independence, Ky just a few miles south of Ky state line. Friendly Face
12/10/17 4:25 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
I looked a little while ago and lo and behold I saw that Sherry had found Charles Stanley. WOW he has aged and was sitting down part of the time during his sermon. So I stopped to listen. I could understand him and as always I think the man is a child of God.

I read here on Acts and in a lot of COG pulpits that the sinner's prayer is 'hogwash'.

Let me tell you in the way Stanley presented it today at the end of his sermon it was not HOGWASH. I believe that anyone following his instructions in that final prayer seriously, would be welcomed into the arms of Jesus. It was not just a repeat after me prayer, but a supplication. Anyway, I look at things from a different perspective. If you have a hearing problem. If folks are starting to mumble, if you are asking, 'what did you say?' a lot, SIR or MA'AM, you are developing a hearing problem and it ain't gonna get better without hearing aids or a miracle, just sayin'.

It is a breath of fresh air (so to speak) to hear and 'UNDERSTAND' what a minister says. Most of us old folk cannot 'HEAR FAST'. Embarassed Embarassed There for a Baptist preacher you can hear is better than a Pentecostal Preacher you cannot! Wink

Stanley is 85 years old, raised in the Pentecostal Holiness Church. Yep, he is Baptist. Yep, he is OSAS. Given the choice tween half a Christian television (characters such as Copeland, etc.), I would 100 to 1 rather listen to Stanley. An no, his altar appeals/prayers ain't hogwash.
Acts-pert Poster
12/10/17 8:43 pm

THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
Suggestion: 6 pm Eastern time, www.cfcky.com and hit livestream. It is Tommy Bates. They have church on Sunday night. He has an alter call at each service. Last Sunday night, 2 young men received the Holy Ghost as they were giving their testimony. Powerful services. He archives them for 7 days, so if you can't watch them while current, you can catch them later. He also livestreams his 10:45 am Sunday morning service. He has 3 Sunday morning services and one Sunday night. He preaches all of them. Very anointed and good services. He has been going to the church all his life and has been pastoring full time since 1981. Church is located in Independence, Ky just a few miles south of Ky state line.

This is no criticism, only an observation. To say that Bates is anointed depends on how one defines "anointing." Bates is hyper-emotional, extremely participatory, ad libs a lot like Swaggart in his early days. He sings well, involves the crowd and works the altar. But, BUT, BUT, are these descriptives the sole characteristics of one who is anointed. Or, could one be stoic, minimally participatory, etc., and also be anointed?
Acts-pert Poster
12/10/17 8:51 pm

Post bonnie knox
Ole Timer, ya skeer me when ya start usin em long words. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/10/17 9:08 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
Suggestion: 6 pm Eastern time, www.cfcky.com and hit livestream. It is Tommy Bates. They have church on Sunday night. He has an alter call at each service. Last Sunday night, 2 young men received the Holy Ghost as they were giving their testimony. Powerful services. He archives them for 7 days, so if you can't watch them while current, you can catch them later. He also livestreams his 10:45 am Sunday morning service. He has 3 Sunday morning services and one Sunday night. He preaches all of them. Very anointed and good services. He has been going to the church all his life and has been pastoring full time since 1981. Church is located in Independence, Ky just a few miles south of Ky state line.

This is no criticism, only an observation. To say that Bates is anointed depends on how one defines "anointing." Bates is hyper-emotional, extremely participatory, ad libs a lot like Swaggart in his early days. He sings well, involves the crowd and works the altar. But, BUT, BUT, are these descriptives the sole characteristics of one who is anointed. Or, could one be stoic, minimally participatory, etc., and also be anointed?

So now he's "too Pentecostal?"

Tommy Bates is anointed and appears to be the real deal, IMHO. I've heard him in person a couple of times. He is what you said, but he also preaches the gospel hard and straight. He reminds the congregation of the old saints who "paid the price" and had power with God. He encourages people NOT to become partners with his ministry unless they can afford it. He told the people he didn't want Grandmas signing up to be partners that couldn't afford it...he said if you had $ left over at the end of the month & wanted to bless them, it would be appreciated.

He also laid hands for my pastor when my pastor's son was very sick, and began to sing an old hymn (something about midnight, but I don't remember what right now) and then said something to the effect, "Things will change at midnight." It didn't happen THAT midnight but a couple weeks later when he was critical and they didn't know what was going to happen...at midnight, everything turned around and he started to get better.

Tommy Bates' ministry is local as well as national and they reach a lot of young people & see a lot of kids hooked on drugs, etc., turn their lives around.

He's also very down to earth and approachable and was happy to hear the report about my pastor's son and commented that he doesn't usually get to hear those kind of testimonies.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/10/17 9:32 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:

The sinner's prayer is only ineffective when one doesn't repent, only repeats words. I heard Lindell Cooley say, "If you aren't changed after you prayed, you didn't get saved. Keep praying until God changes you!"

P.S. Will send you a PM of someone I think you'd enjoy. Smile
12/10/17 9:35 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I would have no problem at all with ‘the sinner’s prayer’ method, if it were the method used by Christ’s apostles, the church as depicted in the New Testament. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/10/17 9:45 pm

Carolyn Smith wrote:
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:

So now he's "too Pentecostal?"

Tommy Bates is anointed and appears to be the real deal, IMHO. I've heard him in person a couple of times. He is what you said, but he also preaches the gospel hard and straight. He reminds the congregation of the old saints who "paid the price" and had power with God. He encourages people NOT to become partners with his ministry unless they can afford it. He told the people he didn't want Grandmas signing up to be partners that couldn't afford it...he said if you had $ left over at the end of the month & wanted to bless them, it would be appreciated.

He also laid hands for my pastor when my pastor's son was very sick, and began to sing an old hymn (something about midnight, but I don't remember what right now) and then said something to the effect, "Things will change at midnight." It didn't happen THAT midnight but a couple weeks later when he was critical and they didn't know what was going to happen...at midnight, everything turned around and he started to get better.

Tommy Bates' ministry is local as well as national and they reach a lot of young people & see a lot of kids hooked on drugs, etc., turn their lives around.

He's also very down to earth and approachable and was happy to hear the report about my pastor's son and commented that he doesn't usually get to hear those kind of testimonies.

As my disclaimer states, I am in no way being critical of Bates, his style or ministry. My only observation is regarding those who may believe that Bates' style is the only legit manner of being anointed.
Acts-pert Poster
12/10/17 9:48 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
OTCP, Bro no where in my post did I say this is how I define anointing. I think a lot of preachers are good and anointed even if they don’t preach or minister as Bro Bates does. I have been in Pentecost and saved, filled with the Holy Ghost since 1961. So having said that, I do know the difference in a Spirit led church service. Even if some are not a fireball, I listen to them and glean from them. I hope you watched the service tonight and you will see what I mean. It is archived for a week. It is what most COG’S used to be like and I have been COG for almost 42 years. Love the COG but just don’t like the modern day version. Very few have Sunday night service. Very few that I have seen have the gifts in operation. Jentzen Franklin said it very well tonight on his program. He said we don’t see the miracles, signs and wonders in our churches and we need to get back to our first love. Friendly Face
12/10/17 11:08 pm

Post Cojak
I have experienced a lot of church time under good preachers. As my hearing declined I could worship with some TV preacher before going to church. I could understand MOST TV preachers due to the good sound controls on their voices. NOW my ears are back to that time and as my wife went thru the channels I couldn't tell if some were English or Spanish. I had to ask my wife. The preachers were so wide open even the professional sound modulation and controls didn't work for me.
There were two men "Declaring and Decreeing" so fast it was a jumble. That was the first I had heard that. My wife told me some of what was being said.

I will give OLD Charles S a break. I did not know he was 6 years older than I. I really don't care if he was sitting or standing I could still understand him. If you are delivering something as important as the Word of God you should make it understandable.

Some preachers and worship leaders will join the likes of me in 20-30 years losing your range of hearing, and then losing some or all. With the volume I hear in church now, I think of the tender ears of the babies and youth. You will start by blaming others for mumbling, or you will be hearing but not understanding.. Shocked
12/10/17 11:36 pm

THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
OTCP, Bro no where in my post did I say this is how I define anointing. I think a lot of preachers are good and anointed even if they don’t preach or minister as Bro Bates does. I have been in Pentecost and saved, filled with the Holy Ghost since 1961. So having said that, I do know the difference in a Spirit led church service. Even if some are not a fireball, I listen to them and glean from them. I hope you watched the service tonight and you will see what I mean. It is archived for a week. It is what most COG’S used to be like and I have been COG for almost 42 years. Love the COG but just don’t like the modern day version. Very few have Sunday night service. Very few that I have seen have the gifts in operation. Jentzen Franklin said it very well tonight on his program. He said we don’t see the miracles, signs and wonders in our churches and we need to get back to our first love.

I wasn't sayin at you was sayin this is how you define anointing, but some do feel if it ain't the Bates style a ministry it aint truly anointed.
Acts-pert Poster
12/10/17 11:59 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
OTCP, Bro no where in my post did I say this is how I define anointing. I think a lot of preachers are good and anointed even if they don’t preach or minister as Bro Bates does. I have been in Pentecost and saved, filled with the Holy Ghost since 1961. So having said that, I do know the difference in a Spirit led church service. Even if some are not a fireball, I listen to them and glean from them. I hope you watched the service tonight and you will see what I mean. It is archived for a week. It is what most COG’S used to be like and I have been COG for almost 42 years. Love the COG but just don’t like the modern day version. Very few have Sunday night service. Very few that I have seen have the gifts in operation. Jentzen Franklin said it very well tonight on his program. He said we don’t see the miracles, signs and wonders in our churches and we need to get back to our first love.

I wasn't sayin at you was sayin this is how you define anointing, but some do feel if it ain't the Bates style a ministry it aint truly anointed.

The anointing is unique in each person/minister. How much they holler or sing doesn't necessarily make them anointed. Nor how much they don't holler...
12/11/17 1:37 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic