Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Moore accusers debunked?(L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Moore accusers debunked?(L) Resident Skeptic
(TeaParty.org) – The Left must be crying in their beer today as they watch the mud they flung at Judge Roy Moore cleaned and polished off of him.
The original accusation posted by the fake news site WaPo included allegations of improper contact with four women when they were teens. Somehow, WaPo failed to say that three of the women did not accuse Moore of any sexual improprieties and were perfectly legal. The lone one that did has seen her accusations completely debunked.

Leigh Corfman was the first accuser to contend any illegal contact occurred but her story has more holes than Alpine lace Swiss cheese. First, she said that she would talk to Moore on the phone in her bedroom so that her mother wouldn’t hear, but that was a lie because her mother said she did not have a phone in her bedroom. She also claimed that she met Moore right around the corner from her house, but the address she gave is a mile away and would require her to cross in the middle of a busy highway.

Corfman also claimed that her experience with Moore made her take drugs and become loose. That was proven to be a lie because the day she claimed she met Moore, she was in court because her mother wanted to give custody to her father on account of her bad behavior. Just eleven days later, she went to live with her dad in another town, making her timeline of events nearly impossible. And in the year following her claims against Moore, her behavior got much better, and it’s documented in court papers.

From Breitbart
Quote:

The reason we are talking about that issue is that the Washington Post embellished its original story on Moore, in which he was accused of molesting a 14-year-old four decades ago, with other “accusers,” both to entice the first alleged victim to come forward and to create the impression of a pattern of predatory behavior for which there is no evidence.

The rest of the mainstream media followed suit, with CNN even making an issue of the fact that Moore met his wife when she was a teenager, though they married eight years later. A New Yorker story about Moore being kicked out of a mall for hitting on young women was later debunked, though it is evidently still widely believed on the left.

These are the same Leftists who didn’t blink an eye when they found out that Macron met his wife when he was 15 and she was 39 … and married. Could it be because of his Leftist ideology? The question answers itself. The official story is that they didn’t date until Macron was 18 and his future wife was 42.

The next alleged victim was Beverly Young Nelson. Her story fell apart quicker than a thin cardboard dress in a driving rainstorm. She claimed that when she was 15, Moore tried to rape her at a restaurant she worked at. The problem was that the restaurant had a strict hiring policy and no one under 16 could get a job. Things went downhill from there. She produced a yearbook that she claims Moore signed for her, but she was 15, which would make her a freshman. That yearbook was issued 6 months before. How many people do you know who carry their yearbook around for six months?
She also claimed that she never saw Moore again, but as luck would have it, that was also a lie. She filed for divorce from her husband in 1999 and the presiding judge was Judge Roy Moore. She dropped the divorce action and Moore signed the order dropping the suit. His aid added her initials DA to signify that the stamped signature was legitimate. The yearbook was signed with the same DA after his name that appeared on her court papers. Nelson claimed she was attacked in 1977, but the assistant did not go to work for Moore until 1987.

Moore claimed that the signature is not his and his lawyer demanded that Nelson’s lawyer, Gloria Allred hand it over to a neutral party for verification. She refused but said that she would hand it over the moment the Senate opened an investigation against Moore. That was a safe answer since the Senate cannot investigate a private citizen who is not suspected of committing a federal crime.

The final accuser’s story fell apart almost the moment she made the accusation. Tina Johnson reached out to Al.com and claimed that Roy Moore grabbed her butt as she was leaving his office. She was there signing over custody of her son to her mother. It was a very bitter lawsuit and Moore filed numerous affidavits accusing her of being a deadbeat mom, violence and theft of numerous checks belonging to her relatives. If you hated a lawyer who made these accusations and he grabbed your behind, would you keep silent? She said nothing to anybody. Moore was in private practice at the time and had no power to punish her.

Good thing Alabamans are not as easy to fool as liberal voters are.

https://www.teaparty.org/report-every-accusation-moore-officially-debunked-media-silent-needs-go-viral-279292/
12/8/17 12:57 am

Post (L) bonnie knox
I love the logic here! Her mother said she did not have a phone in the bedroom, but I also heard that her Mom said the cord from the phone would have reached to the bedroom. (Our landline phone is at least 30 years old, and we've always used a very long cord with it.) I have not heard anything about her Mom denying the story.
(I think I'm going to dismiss Corfman's account, though, because I'm pretty sure a 14-year-old couldn't walk a mile and cross a busy highway. LOL)

Quote:
Somehow, WaPo failed to say that three of the women did not accuse Moore of any sexual improprieties and were perfectly legal.

This is simply not an accurate statement about the original WaPo article that I read that was linked here on Acts. It DID say that 2 of the young women had not said he did anything beyond kissing and that at the time, they did not feel anything inappropriate was done. One of the three women besides Corfman claimed he did buy an alcoholic beverage for her when she might have been underaged. So yes, I've seen headlines that group three women in the category "accusers," but what is posted in the OP does not correctly characterize the original WaPo story.
When Corfman relates how the alleged encounter affected her emotions and subsequent behavior, that is not a connection one can prove or disprove. And the very biased article in the OP attempts to do that by presumptions based on a couple of reports that can't possibly know as much as Corfman's behavior as she knew herself. It tries to link loose sexual behavior to the "bad behavior" that supposedly was occurring when her parents were going to court over custody, but by her testimony, her sexual behavior to that point had only included kissing boys. Also, I have to laugh at the naïve assumption this opinion piece writer makes that a teen cannot hide bad behavior.
As far as Nelson, it is entirely possible that Moore signed the order to drop her divorce suit without Nelson actually being there. So, unless you can prove she was actually before him physically, you can't prove that she lied when she said she never saw him again.
Of course, if you are concerned with statements like, "I never saw him again," you probably will wonder what Moore meant when he claims not to have known any of his accusers. (Again, this woman is not accusing Moore of inappropriate conduct at the time, only that they dated and kissed. The headline is annoying that way, but I don't know what one-word substitution would work to keep the headline short.)
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/04/roy-moore-accuser-just-found-note-moore-wrote-17/
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/17 10:20 am

Post Re: (L) Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
I love the logic here! Her mother said she did not have a phone in the bedroom, but I also heard that her Mom said the cord from the phone would have reached to the bedroom. (Our landline phone is at least 30 years old, and we've always used a very long cord with it.) I have not heard anything about her Mom denying the story.
(I think I'm going to dismiss Corfman's account, though, because I'm pretty sure a 14-year-old couldn't walk a mile and cross a busy highway. LOL)

Quote:
Somehow, WaPo failed to say that three of the women did not accuse Moore of any sexual improprieties and were perfectly legal.

This is simply not an accurate statement about the original WaPo article that I read that was linked here on Acts. It DID say that 2 of the young women had not said he did anything beyond kissing and that at the time, they did not feel anything inappropriate was done. One of the three women besides Corfman claimed he did buy an alcoholic beverage for her when she might have been underaged. So yes, I've seen headlines that group three women in the category "accusers," but what is posted in the OP does not correctly characterize the original WaPo story.
When Corfman relates how the alleged encounter affected her emotions and subsequent behavior, that is not a connection one can prove or disprove. And the very biased article in the OP attempts to do that by presumptions based on a couple of reports that can't possibly know as much as Corfman's behavior as she knew herself. It tries to link loose sexual behavior to the "bad behavior" that supposedly was occurring when her parents were going to court over custody, but by her testimony, her sexual behavior to that point had only included kissing boys. Also, I have to laugh at the naïve assumption this opinion piece writer makes that a teen cannot hide bad behavior.
As far as Nelson, it is entirely possible that Moore signed the order to drop her divorce suit without Nelson actually being there. So, unless you can prove she was actually before him physically, you can't prove that she lied when she said she never saw him again.
Of course, if you are concerned with statements like, "I never saw him again," you probably will wonder what Moore meant when he claims not to have known any of his accusers. (Again, this woman is not accusing Moore of inappropriate conduct at the time, only that they dated and kissed. The headline is annoying that way, but I don't know what one-word substitution would work to keep the headline short.)
https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/04/roy-moore-accuser-just-found-note-moore-wrote-17/

Thus my inclusion of a question mark in the title. As for the most recent note, what does it prove? It it written like a teacher or professional would write to a young person. It certainly does not prove a relationship of any kind was going on. Having worked in high schools since 2005, I've signed lots of yearbooks. Yet, I did not have a relationship with any of the young girls whose yearbooks I signed.
12/8/17 11:01 am

Post Re: (L) UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:
. Having worked in high schools since 2005, I've signed lots of yearbooks. Yet, I did not have a relationship with any of the young girls whose yearbooks I signed.

Did you ever include a title that didn't belong to you at the time? Smile
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/8/17 11:14 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
As for the most recent note, what does it prove?

I would say it makes the case that Moore knew her. It seems he recently denied that. (He also just signed his first name, which would have indicated more familiarity than just a professional relationship, but I'm not running with that by itself, unlike the person who wrote the opinion piece in the OP would have done, lol.)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/8/17 11:54 am

Post yearbook inscription admitted forgery, credibility gone UncleJD
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/08/roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-part-yearbook-inscription-attributed-to-alabama-senate-candidate.html

At best, he signed the book when asked to. This woman is a liar.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/8/17 12:03 pm

Post Cojak
Well debunked or not it is pretty obvious this started as a simple Political plan to ruin a man's chances of being elected. One who had a pretty good reputation for many years.
The fallout is amazing, it seems democrats and republicans right and left are falling from the fall out.

I honestly like old Newt. I think he is one of the real brains in the Republican party. I also agree with his assessment of a 'lynching party' in the media and the wild fire around many folk. IN MOST cases so far, it is only accusations and in most cases no testimony or cross exam of accusers. I know I have no right to, but I am smiling to see some democrats and republicans catching some flack. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/8/17 1:26 pm

Post Re: yearbook inscription admitted forgery, credibility gone bonnie knox
UncleJD wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/08/roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-part-yearbook-inscription-attributed-to-alabama-senate-candidate.html

The inscription is not a "forgery." The inscription is Roy Moore's inscription and the notes at the bottom are Nelson's.
I wrote this three weeks ago:

Quote:
If I were someone's lawyer, I wouldn't either (though as I stated in another thread, choosing Allred--and please, just because you don't like her, don't make fun of her name--does NOT lend credence to a client's claim of this being apolitical).
I thought even before someone else brought it up, that the name of the restaurant was probably added by someone else. I don't know if the signature was added by someone else. I do notice that Moore's written statement says it has been "tampered with." That is different than standing by his claim that he never signed her yearbook at all.
But if I were a lawyer, I would have no way of knowing what turning the yearbook over would reveal, so it would be in the best interest of my client to NOT do it. It would make no difference whether I thought it was authentic or not. Besides that, (just to play the devil's advocate), suppose the assault happened as Nelson described, suppose Moore had indeed signed her yearbook with the inscription, though not the printing of the initials "D.A.," date, and restaurant. If I were a lawyer and had a good case based on everything else, why would I risk sabotaging my case if it turned out those were details added to the yearbook by someone else. And I can easily see someone added a notation of the place after someone signed her yearbook.

So was Moore also lying when he claimed never to have signed the yearbook at all?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/9/17 12:37 am

Post Something else... Aaron Scott
I tend to believe that where there's smoke there's fire. But in our current atmosphere today of women coming forward to make claims against (usually powerful) men, and with their statements often being believed almost a priori, it is very easy for accusations to be made that not only cannot be truly confirmed, but are often DECADES old.

When Roy Moore was running for election (and won) to become a Supreme Court Justice (Alabama), where were those accusations?

When he ran for governor of Alabama twice (he lost), where were those accusations?

Then, he ran (and won) election again to the Alabama Supreme Court. Where were the accusations?

Has the atmosphere changed so that these women now feel more free to come forward? Or is it the poisonous political divide in our nation that seems to have a "make the other side look evil" mentality that doesn't care what reputations it destroys, so long as it go their way.

If he truly assaulted someone, then he should step down. NOT because he hasn't changed his ways and (hopefully) become a better man, but because it does taint the office.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/9/17 7:45 am

Post bonnie knox
Aaron, have you noticed that even with the people who admit they are guilty, sometimes the accusations don't come till many years later? That is very typical.
Also, Corfman specifically said that she had shared the incident with her family, but that she had not made the accusation PUBLIC before because of the ramification it would have had on her kids who were still in school.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/9/17 11:02 am

Post Re: yearbook inscription admitted forgery, credibility gone chestnut ridge
bonnie knox wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

The inscription is not a "forgery." The inscription is Roy Moore's inscription and the notes at the bottom are Nelson's.
I wrote this three weeks ago:

Quote:
If I were someone's lawyer, I wouldn't either (though as I stated in another thread, choosing Allred--and please, just because you don't like her, don't make fun of her name--does NOT lend credence to a client's claim of this being apolitical).
I thought even before someone else brought it up, that the name of the restaurant was probably added by someone else. I don't know if the signature was added by someone else. I do notice that Moore's written statement says it has been "tampered with." That is different than standing by his claim that he never signed her yearbook at all.
But if I were a lawyer, I would have no way of knowing what turning the yearbook over would reveal, so it would be in the best interest of my client to NOT do it. It would make no difference whether I thought it was authentic or not. Besides that, (just to play the devil's advocate), suppose the assault happened as Nelson described, suppose Moore had indeed signed her yearbook with the inscription, though not the printing of the initials "D.A.," date, and restaurant. If I were a lawyer and had a good case based on everything else, why would I risk sabotaging my case if it turned out those were details added to the yearbook by someone else. And I can easily see someone added a notation of the place after someone signed her yearbook.

So was Moore also lying when he claimed never to have signed the yearbook at all?

That last part is a powerful statement. Is Roy Moore calling all of those women a liar? There is smoke.

I will do the same as the senior senator from Alabama, a write in.

Roy made a stand with the 10 commandments and same sex marriage.

That's it
Acts Enthusiast
12/9/17 11:03 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic