Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
@actscelerate Twitter  @actscelerate Facebook  @actscelerate Google+ 

Is 'Decree and Declare' Scriptural?

 
   Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is 'Decree and Declare' Scriptural? Wordthumper
http://www.bibleissues.org/declare.html
_________________
The way I see it.
Member
Posts: 31
11/27/17 12:15 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Old Time Country Preacher
A feller can with great confidence state, proclaim, preach an declare all at God has done decreed. To decree/declare stuff just cause we want somethin is not biblical. But at woffie gang, son, they can do more decreein an declarin than a feller can calculate.
_________________
OTCP
Vigorously Pursuing Ethics and Integrity
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
Posts: 14989
11/27/17 2:05 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Cojak
I do not know this writer. But I do concur on the surface at what is written. I do not like the slang 'Blab it and Grab it' to discribe a belief. But I do not sympathize with the basic idea.

Today, for some reason, seekers seem to 'look for more and better ways' than the tried and true, 'Confess your sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and clense us.....'

In my life time I have seen fake healing, heard of gold fillings, gold dust, smoke from heaven. I was raised by as Godly a couple as I have ever known. A pastor who NEVER had members from hell. I have heard in the parsonage from a little study room, this man growning and praying every time I got up to us the bathroom in the night. I knew as a child he went for a week without food, because he was not at the eating table at meal times. "he is busy praying right now," mama would say. In his 50+ years of serivce to God I saw two real actual miracles. I never saw 'gold' in this righteous man's life. He never looked for the new but was ablee to adjust to changing times. I miss him and his honesty and love as a pastor.
He always said, "God has supplied my needs, not my wants." Cool
_________________
Some facts but mostly just my opinion!
jacsher@aol.com
http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
Posts: 21062
11/27/17 11:58 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Yes, it is Biblical... Aaron Scott
But it does not mean what some teach that it means, I don't think. That is, just because you SAY something doesn't mean it will happen. This is usually bound up in the whole "name it and claim it" extremes.

However, consider that certain statements made by, say, Jacob regarding his sons...came to pass.

Consider that Balaam was prevented from speaking a curse against Israel. Apparently, his words carried weight in heaven?

When Ezekiel was told to prophesy to the valley of dry bones, he was not telling them about some future event that would take place 400 years in the future. That form of prophecy was a declaration to LIVE! And it came to pass.

IF IF IF you speak when the Spirit of God is upon you to do so, I believe that it must come to pass. Why? Because you are declaring what the Lord will back up with His power.

When Peter said, "Rise up and walk," it was a command/declaration that was backed up by God.

Too often, people think they can just WANT something, speak it and receive it. I've found that isn't true (at least not for me). But to speak based on what the SPIRIT wants, that's a different thing altogether.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
Posts: 4402
11/27/17 12:00 pm


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Old Time Country Preacher
In at case, I decree that Aaron will toss to the wind any and all of his woffie leanings, beliefs and tendencies. I have decreed a thing. It shall indeed come to pass and will not fail. Amen! So be it! And so on!
_________________
OTCP
Vigorously Pursuing Ethics and Integrity
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
Posts: 14989
11/27/17 12:21 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Dave Dorsey
The linked article does a good job tackling the basic proof texts used by this doctrine. There really aren't that many of them, and they are all single verses that are taken out of context.

Sure, if you decree and declare God's word, it will come to pass. But it won't come to pass because you said it, it will come to pass because it's His word. Your agreement is not necessary or required, sorry. And there is a whole lot of decreeing and declaring of things that God never said or promised, such as divine health on this side of Heaven or freedom from lack or sickness or suffering.
Acts-perienced Poster
Posts: 10973
11/27/17 2:24 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post In the Book of Job... Aaron Scott
You will find a verse where it was stated that if a person was living right, etc., they could decree something and it would be established.

That may be a misunderstanding of God, but it may also be an insight into God.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
Posts: 4402
12/5/17 11:32 am


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Re: In the Book of Job... Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
You will find a verse where it was stated that if a person was living right, etc., they could decree something and it would be established.

That may be a misunderstanding of God, but it may also be an insight into God.


Who gave that word in Job Aaron?
God - or one of Jobs friends/detractors?
Just because it is typed in the Bible doesn't mean God said it.
Satan is quoted a few times himself.
_________________
Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going today!
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 15227
12/5/17 1:35 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Yes! It is! spartanfan
I was concerned and did some investigating and found in Charisma Magazine an article written by an authority on courtroom procedures who said it definitely is valid. And we all know that Charisma is the authority on all things charismatic (or Pentecostal or Full Gospel). Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
Posts: 3539
12/5/17 5:49 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: In the Book of Job... Aaron Scott
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
You will find a verse where it was stated that if a person was living right, etc., they could decree something and it would be established.

That may be a misunderstanding of God, but it may also be an insight into God.


Who gave that word in Job Aaron?
God - or one of Jobs friends/detractors?
Just because it is typed in the Bible doesn't mean God said it.
Satan is quoted a few times himself.


NBF, you did notice my disclaimer? However, there is certainly some truth in what Job’s friends said...as well as some things not so much. But take care lest in our reviling WOFfers, we denounce truth too.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
Posts: 4402
12/5/17 6:23 pm


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Re: In the Book of Job... Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
You will find a verse where it was stated that if a person was living right, etc., they could decree something and it would be established.

That may be a misunderstanding of God, but it may also be an insight into God.


Who gave that word in Job Aaron?
God - or one of Jobs friends/detractors?
Just because it is typed in the Bible doesn't mean God said it.
Satan is quoted a few times himself.


NBF, you did notice my disclaimer? However, there is certainly some truth in what Job’s friends said...as well as some things not so much. But take care lest in our reviling WOFfers, we denounce truth too.


And they are also completely wrong sometimes.

Which category does this fall into?

Did God affirm that this man was right or that he doesn't know how God works at all?
_________________
Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going today!
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 15227
12/6/17 1:30 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post NBF... Aaron Scott
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
You will find a verse where it was stated that if a person was living right, etc., they could decree something and it would be established.

That may be a misunderstanding of God, but it may also be an insight into God.


Who gave that word in Job Aaron?
God - or one of Jobs friends/detractors?
Just because it is typed in the Bible doesn't mean God said it.
Satan is quoted a few times himself.


NBF, you did notice my disclaimer? However, there is certainly some truth in what Job’s friends said...as well as some things not so much. But take care lest in our reviling WOFfers, we denounce truth too.


And they are also completely wrong sometimes.

Which category does this fall into?

Did God affirm that this man was right or that he doesn't know how God works at all?



NBF, it is not at all uncommon to hear in church some of the same things spoken by Job's comforters. Why? Because they are not 100% wrong. They DO say some things that are backed up by other scriptures (whether that means they are right or not is another question, since scripture can be used to prove pretty much anything, if you are so inclined).

As I mentioned in my first post, both Jacob and Balaam apparently had enough weight in heaven that whatever they spoke, God would back up (otherwise, why would God even care what Balaam said?).

Yes, there is a place for decree and declare (although I do not personally use those words to describe what I believe they mean). I believe the word "prophesy" is about the closest we can get to it (as in when Ezekiel "prophesied" to the valley of dry bones--he was declaring, decreeing, demanding that something happen in the Name of the Lord).

A lot of balderdash goes under the terms decree and declare, I know. But is it scriptural? Yes. Does that mean that we can just do it willy-nilly? No, I don't think so. It must be under the Spirit of God if God is going to back it up.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
Posts: 4402
12/6/17 4:22 pm


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Re: NBF... Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
You will find a verse where it was stated that if a person was living right, etc., they could decree something and it would be established.

That may be a misunderstanding of God, but it may also be an insight into God.


Who gave that word in Job Aaron?
God - or one of Jobs friends/detractors?
Just because it is typed in the Bible doesn't mean God said it.
Satan is quoted a few times himself.


NBF, you did notice my disclaimer? However, there is certainly some truth in what Job’s friends said...as well as some things not so much. But take care lest in our reviling WOFfers, we denounce truth too.


And they are also completely wrong sometimes.

Which category does this fall into?

Did God affirm that this man was right or that he doesn't know how God works at all?



NBF, it is not at all uncommon to hear in church some of the same things spoken by Job's comforters. Why? Because they are not 100% wrong. They DO say some things that are backed up by other scriptures (whether that means they are right or not is another question, since scripture can be used to prove pretty much anything, if you are so inclined).

As I mentioned in my first post, both Jacob and Balaam apparently had enough weight in heaven that whatever they spoke, God would back up (otherwise, why would God even care what Balaam said?).

Yes, there is a place for decree and declare (although I do not personally use those words to describe what I believe they mean). I believe the word "prophesy" is about the closest we can get to it (as in when Ezekiel "prophesied" to the valley of dry bones--he was declaring, decreeing, demanding that something happen in the Name of the Lord).

A lot of balderdash goes under the terms decree and declare, I know. But is it scriptural? Yes. Does that mean that we can just do it willy-nilly? No, I don't think so. It must be under the Spirit of God if God is going to back it up.


Sorry man. God told Jobs friend that he was completely wrong about how He works. We don't "decree a thing" and declare to God what He should do.

If you want to tolerate anti-scriptural stuff - go ahead. I don't.
_________________
Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going today!
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 15227
12/6/17 4:33 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post FLRon
It’s always seemed to me that those who believe they have the power or authority to declare and decree a thing have a relationship problem. Meaning, they are confused as to who in the God/man relationship is actually in control.

I’ve yet to meet the man at a level that he could command things that are not as though they were.
_________________
It doesn’t matter what you and I believe. What matters is are we doing what He says?
Friendly Face
Posts: 110
12/6/17 10:23 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Re: NBF... Aaron Scott
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
You will find a verse where it was stated that if a person was living right, etc., they could decree something and it would be established.

That may be a misunderstanding of God, but it may also be an insight into God.


Who gave that word in Job Aaron?
God - or one of Jobs friends/detractors?
Just because it is typed in the Bible doesn't mean God said it.
Satan is quoted a few times himself.


NBF, you did notice my disclaimer? However, there is certainly some truth in what Job’s friends said...as well as some things not so much. But take care lest in our reviling WOFfers, we denounce truth too.


And they are also completely wrong sometimes.

Which category does this fall into?

Did God affirm that this man was right or that he doesn't know how God works at all?



NBF, it is not at all uncommon to hear in church some of the same things spoken by Job's comforters. Why? Because they are not 100% wrong. They DO say some things that are backed up by other scriptures (whether that means they are right or not is another question, since scripture can be used to prove pretty much anything, if you are so inclined).

As I mentioned in my first post, both Jacob and Balaam apparently had enough weight in heaven that whatever they spoke, God would back up (otherwise, why would God even care what Balaam said?).

Yes, there is a place for decree and declare (although I do not personally use those words to describe what I believe they mean). I believe the word "prophesy" is about the closest we can get to it (as in when Ezekiel "prophesied" to the valley of dry bones--he was declaring, decreeing, demanding that something happen in the Name of the Lord).

A lot of balderdash goes under the terms decree and declare, I know. But is it scriptural? Yes. Does that mean that we can just do it willy-nilly? No, I don't think so. It must be under the Spirit of God if God is going to back it up.


Sorry man. God told Jobs friend that he was completely wrong about how He works. We don't "decree a thing" and declare to God what He should do.

If you want to tolerate anti-scriptural stuff - go ahead. I don't.





No, NBF. They were wrong about Job being a sinner and deserving of his plight, but plenty of what they say is pretty much what we all espouse today about God. Read it again, and you’ll see.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
Posts: 4402
12/7/17 6:11 am


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Re: NBF... Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
You will find a verse where it was stated that if a person was living right, etc., they could decree something and it would be established.

That may be a misunderstanding of God, but it may also be an insight into God.


Who gave that word in Job Aaron?
God - or one of Jobs friends/detractors?
Just because it is typed in the Bible doesn't mean God said it.
Satan is quoted a few times himself.


NBF, you did notice my disclaimer? However, there is certainly some truth in what Job’s friends said...as well as some things not so much. But take care lest in our reviling WOFfers, we denounce truth too.


And they are also completely wrong sometimes.

Which category does this fall into?

Did God affirm that this man was right or that he doesn't know how God works at all?



NBF, it is not at all uncommon to hear in church some of the same things spoken by Job's comforters. Why? Because they are not 100% wrong. They DO say some things that are backed up by other scriptures (whether that means they are right or not is another question, since scripture can be used to prove pretty much anything, if you are so inclined).

As I mentioned in my first post, both Jacob and Balaam apparently had enough weight in heaven that whatever they spoke, God would back up (otherwise, why would God even care what Balaam said?).

Yes, there is a place for decree and declare (although I do not personally use those words to describe what I believe they mean). I believe the word "prophesy" is about the closest we can get to it (as in when Ezekiel "prophesied" to the valley of dry bones--he was declaring, decreeing, demanding that something happen in the Name of the Lord).

A lot of balderdash goes under the terms decree and declare, I know. But is it scriptural? Yes. Does that mean that we can just do it willy-nilly? No, I don't think so. It must be under the Spirit of God if God is going to back it up.


Sorry man. God told Jobs friend that he was completely wrong about how He works. We don't "decree a thing" and declare to God what He should do.

If you want to tolerate anti-scriptural stuff - go ahead. I don't.





No, NBF. They were wrong about Job being a sinner and deserving of his plight, but plenty of what they say is pretty much what we all espouse today about God. Read it again, and you’ll see.


Looks like we disagree.

I don't decree to God what to do so we don't " all agree" that is how God works.
_________________
Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going today!
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 15227
12/7/17 8:38 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Acts-celerate Terms of Use | Acts-celerate Policy
World News Network | Acts-celerate Chat
Contact the Administrator.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.