Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why Haven't You Accomplished More???

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Why Haven't You Accomplished More??? Aaron Scott
I've been meditating on some scriptures that I believe explains some things....

Have you ever known of a great musician that never got a break into the "big time"?

Or how about a preacher that could hold his own with any preacher, but while others preach camp meetings and the such, these things do not come his way?

Or how about a really smart someone who, despite having the intellectual chops, doesn't every break into the higher ranks of his job, his denomination, etc.?

Or how about someone who was really, really a nice person...but died far too young? Or how about someone who seems rotten to the core, but lasts, and lasts, and lasts (King Ahab ruled for 52 years; David only 40).

Read this verse and I believe it can clear up some things....

Quote:

Ecclesiastes 9:11

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

If good preaching, being smart, or handsome, or talented was all it took, I imagine all but NBF and Tom Sterbens would likely have a great job doing something they were really good at.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

But the race is not always to the swift, is it? If the swift always won, it sure would be a lot simpler to explain things, wouldn't it?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/5/17 11:30 am

Post Cojak
I will tell a tale. A state evangelist was in a very small church 10 in attendance. He heard the pastor preach. He was amazed at the ability and power pf the young preacher. After a talk with the overseer, he was assigned the next BIG church available.

The man was humbled. His first men's meeting he had many times his biggest congregation sitting before him.Educated men, leading local law enforcement, successful business men and local blue collar workers.

He blessed the congregation with some of the best sermons they had heard. In a year, his attitude had changed from the humble pastor to a man who by his actions said, "My way or the High way." Any dis-agreements were met by, 'leave if you don't like it.' So some did. Then more did. But the impression still lingered in admin. so he was promoted to administration. He had grown too big for the Overseer to tell him what to do. and it got worse.

I hear he pastors still, but either independent or another denomination. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/6/17 12:52 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic