Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

But I say...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post But I say... bradfreeman
“But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you....But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.” Luke‬ ‭6:27,28, 35‬

The Law says to curse and punish the evil and ungrateful. But God doesn’t.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
10/21/17 2:17 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
What I hear you saying is that God and the author of the Law are two separate entities. Is that a correct understanding of your post, or am I misreading it? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/21/17 2:39 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Adding to Dave's assessment, does it also mean there will be no future judgment in which God renders to each according to his works? Acts-pert Poster
10/21/17 4:20 pm

Post Cojak
I thought all we Christians knew God was the author of the Law, and the ful-filler of same.
we are supposed to know: it is no longer understood to kill, destroy the unbeliever, but pray for him, go the extra mile, etc.

It was the same God who said, "Utterly destroy the city. kill every man, woman and child." Then said, "Love those that spitefully use you, turn the other cheek and go the extra mile." It was the same God, RIGHT?

Do I do it? I try, but I do fail. He does forgive me, THANK GOD! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/21/17 10:34 pm

Post bradfreeman
Dave Dorsey wrote:
What I hear you saying is that God and the author of the Law are two separate entities. Is that a correct understanding of your post, or am I misreading it?

You are misreading it. God wrote the Law, but the Law does not reveal God's character and nature, it hides it behind a veil. Jesus unveiled the character and nature of God.

Jn 1:17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

The Law was not grace or truth. At best, the Law was a shadowy picture of the grace and truth that were realized in Christ.

Acts-dicted
10/22/17 8:32 am

Post bradfreeman
Cojak wrote:
I thought all we Christians knew God was the author of the Law, and the ful-filler of same.
we are supposed to know: it is no longer understood to kill, destroy the unbeliever, but pray for him, go the extra mile, etc.

It was the same God who said, "Utterly destroy the city. kill every man, woman and child." Then said, "Love those that spitefully use you, turn the other cheek and go the extra mile." It was the same God, RIGHT?

Do I do it? I try, but I do fail. He does forgive me, THANK GOD! Cool

Jn 1:17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

The death and destruction in the OT did not reveal God. In those stories you can confidently join with John and say: No one has seen God at any time.

The Law hid God's glory (goodness) behind a veil. Jesus unveiled the Father.

Jn 14:7 If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”

At the end of Jesus' life, you can confidently say: From now on, we know Him and have seen Him.

Acts-dicted
10/22/17 8:35 am

Post bradfreeman
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Adding to Dave's assessment, does it also mean there will be no future judgment in which God renders to each according to his works?

I know you'd be disappointed if billions weren't tortured in fire forever. Here's what Jesus said:

Jn 3:18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.

Jn 12:31 Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.”

Jesus took the judgment of the world upon Himself at the cross. No one has to be judged according to his works because our works were laid on Him.

Those who don't believe this are already judged. Those who persist in unbelief will experience all that results from being separated from Life - this is the judgment that is coming for unbelievers.

Judgment fire fell on unbelieving Israel in AD 70 with the destruction of Jerusalem and with no stone being left upon another. That unfruitful fig tree of religion was cut down and cast into the fire.

Acts-dicted
10/22/17 8:42 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
bradfreeman wrote:
I know you'd be disappointed if billions weren't tortured in fire forever.

Not true, Brad. The very thought of such an eternity is frightening----------but a reality for Christ rejecters.
Acts-pert Poster
10/22/17 3:37 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic