Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

My wife has breast cancer.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post My wife has breast cancer. caseyleejones
This is not an attention grabbing title but a reality. She is young, non-smoker, non-drinker, no history, exercises, eats healthy....very anomalous and outlier indeed. Sympathy is not desired here.

She just had surgery and just began chemo which will be for a few more months.....then after that radiation.....Everything you here about chemo she is experiencing now. Every step in this process we prayed, the exact opposite outcome happened.

Here is what I know

1) God is our Healer. It is what is in the Word.

2) We continue to remain unshakeable, especially her. I am truly amazed at her. Tom's most recent message about remaining unshakeable in difficult times was very encouraging. And yes, people outside his church listen to his sermons. Very Happy

3) We have seen his grace and mercy through this whole procedure both with her medical team and finances.

4) I have seen God's grace and mercy through individuals especially outside of church.

5) She was getting ready to go back to work then this struck. I found additional side work that will take care of this years bills as well as next years.

6) I have learned that no matter my circumstances, there are people out there that have it worse than my family and continues about her duties moving forward not being hindered or slowed. Though she has not been to church in a couple months because she is supposed to avoid people.

As mentioned earlier, I would encourage you to listen to Tom's most recent message if you are experiencing difficult times.
Acts-perienced Poster
10/20/17 10:51 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Agreeing with you in prayer for your wife to be healed, casey. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/20/17 12:41 pm

Post Chicago27
I’m praying for her. God bless you! Friendly Face
10/20/17 3:32 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Praying!!
10/20/17 3:40 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Praying for God's best, Casey!

Hope this song ministers to you and your dear wife!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZOf7_c7oto
Acts-pert Poster
10/20/17 8:09 pm

Post Cojak
Prayers here my friend, and YES, HE is the Healer. Just prayed God is Good!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/20/17 9:07 pm

Post bradfreeman
I'm standing in faith with you.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
10/21/17 5:39 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Praying for your wife Casey.

And when she beats this - she will encourage others that get caught in the same situation.
10/23/17 7:11 am

Post Praying Here Methocostal
Casey
My wife has been going through the same thing over the last several months. She had two surgeries (the second to make sure they got everything) , the chemo and radiation. Praise God those rounds are over. In the course of the partial mastectomy, what was intended to be removing a few lymph nodes (I think it is called Sentinel nodes), they had to remove MANY complete lymph nodes. The doctor was confused because she only had stage one and it didn't make sense that it could have spread to the lymph nodes.

Ultimately, they discovered she has Leukemia (CLL) on top of the breast cancer. Thankfully, the CLL isn't the death sentence it was 20 years ago and she is suppose to live a normal life span. Joking with the doctor, she said that was upsetting news as she had planned to live to be 100 and now he tells her she will only live a normal lifespan. Truly, that is one piece of advice. Stay positive. Keep you sense of humour. She also jokes when she wants me to get something for her (like a glass of water), "you have to be nice to me cause I have dos (two) cancers"

Because of the removal of the lymph nodes, one of the biggest issues she now faces is lymphedema (swelling of the arm and hand). We ask your prayers for that.

Because of her positive attitude, the oncology staff recommended her to be in a Breast Cancer awareness issue in the newspaper (along with 4 or 5 other survivors). Her overall theme was to be positive. Take what life gives you and move on. God is in control

It is not an easy road. Your family is in our prayers as we know it isn't JUST the patient that has to deal with this, but the entire family. May God Bless you.
Friendly Face
10/24/17 8:52 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic