Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

North Korea...solution?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post North Korea...solution? Aaron Scott
I think Melania Trump and the wife of "Little Rocket Man" should meet by themselves--a girl's day out, so to speak.

I know it's not that simple, but it's a start. If they see the humanity in each other, they can influence their husbands.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/30/17 11:15 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Are ya sayin at if Momma Scott an Momma OTCP got together at the Pikeville Shoppin Center, spent the day shoppin, had lunch at Shoneys, all at could be the begginins a you an me resolvin all this woffie stuff? Laughing Acts-pert Poster
9/30/17 2:18 pm

Post Re: North Korea...solution? UncleJD
Aaron Scott wrote:
I think Melania Trump and the wife of "Little Rocket Man" should meet by themselves--a girl's day out, so to speak.

I know it's not that simple, but it's a start. If they see the humanity in each other, they can influence their husbands.

There's not a lot of humanity in someone that could stand by and be OK with her husband's atrocities, we're talking about the closest thing to Hitler since Hitler. The Kim's are literal monsters.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/30/17 4:02 pm

Post Re: North Korea...solution? Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
There's not a lot of humanity in someone that could stand by and be OK with her husband's atrocities, we're talking about the closest thing to Hitler since Hitler. The Kim's are literal monsters.

It's unreasonable to think Kim's wife consents to his atrocities, their marriage, or any portion of her life.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/30/17 4:54 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:

It's unreasonable to think Kim's wife consents to his atrocities, their marriage, or any portion of her life.
Then its unreasonable to think that she could have any dialogue with anyone and change anything.
9/30/17 5:16 pm

Post Re: North Korea...solution? Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
Then its unreasonable to think that she could have any dialogue with anyone and change anything.

'Sho nuff!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/30/17 5:25 pm

Post Re: North Korea...solution? Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

'Sho nuff!

Close enough! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/30/17 8:46 pm

Post Re: North Korea...solution? Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:

That would indicate moral equivalence between the countries - which isn't so.
10/2/17 10:06 am

Post Re: North Korea...solution? Aaron Scott
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

NBF, over what nation do we stand morally superior? Nazi Germany? We did a little "holocausting" ourselves with the American Indians.

China, with their slave labor? Oh, wait....

As you know, North Korea is the ONLY NATION to have ever nuked another nation. Worse, it was a largely civilian population. Further, they did it TWICE!

You get the idea. As soon as we start playing "moral Nazi" (an equivalent of grammar Nazi, perhaps), we start finding that we have some nasty skeletons in our closet.

Virtually ANY understanding that might result in the meeting of representatives from both sides...would be an improvement, don't you think?

I absolutely believe we are the best nation on earth. But it is not because we tower above ANYONE morally. In fact, Ireland, Switzerland, the Nordic countries, all of these 1st World countries have it over us morally.

The "humanity" I speak of is based on the fact that they love their children too. They want peace, too.
10/2/17 10:59 am

Aaron Scott wrote:
[
NBF, over what nation do we stand morally superior? Nazi Germany? We did a little "holocausting" ourselves with the American Indians.

Yep, lots of mistakes along the way, but I submit that you are leaving out the fact that we sacrificed our own to save Europe and most of the world, twice. So yes, we are certainly morally superior to NK.
10/2/17 11:38 am

Post Re: North Korea...solution? Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

As you know, North Korea is the ONLY NATION to have ever nuked another nation. Worse, it was a largely civilian population. Further, they did it TWICE!

You get the idea. As soon as we start playing "moral Nazi" (an equivalent of grammar Nazi, perhaps), we start finding that we have some nasty skeletons in our closet.

Virtually ANY understanding that might result in the meeting of representatives from both sides...would be an improvement, don't you think?

I absolutely believe we are the best nation on earth. But it is not because we tower above ANYONE morally. In fact, Ireland, Switzerland, the Nordic countries, all of these 1st World countries have it over us morally.

The "humanity" I speak of is based on the fact that they love their children too. They want peace, too.

Sorry man. That lib PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD doesn't work on me.

American Indians were not gassed like the Nazis did to defenseless Jews - they fought with us over land - and lost - often.

But that has no bearing on us today. We don't know who he Indians defeated to live in America themselves. It's so long ago - who knows. I can't right those wrongs.

Only someone completely devoid of historical knowledge would question the use of nuclear weapons on Japan. They wouldn't surrender - and America had no stomach to lose 100,000 more GIs taking over their mainland.

War is hell. Don't get into one unless you want a bunch of funerals.

So get your facts straight before talking moral equivalence.
10/2/17 12:21 pm

Post Um...NBF...you do know...? Aaron Scott
You do know that most of Truman's military advisors advised AGAINST dropping a nuclear bomb?

You do know that General LeMay, whose airplanes firebombed cities, etc., said that if we lost, he would be tried for war crimes?

Look, you know I love America. I think we are great NOT because we haven't done rotten things...but because it seems we have, at least to a significant extent, changed for the better in many regards. Yes, sometimes we had to fight a war over it, but we have often managed to become a better people (at least on paper).

North Korea certainly feels as justified in their stance as we do in ours. We are right for ONE REASON: We have more firepower. Period. Think about how you would feel if the crooks down the street wanted to have guns and all sorts of things...but didn't want you to have any. I'm betting you'd not be happy.

Well, for better or worse, that's how North Korea sees America--as a bully who, now that they have nuclear weapons, doesn't want anyone else to have them.

We all freely admit that NK is a jerk nation, at least from what we hear on the news. But at the same time, we have to agree that they just might see us as jerks, too.

As for your unfortunate statement about the Indians, well, we weren't just fighting over land. We were fighting over the ABSOLUTE LIES AND TREACHERY that we used to get their land. Oh, the chiefs won't sign the treaty? Hey, I know! Let's find some moron or drunk to sign the treaty, and we'll call him "chief." The Treaty of New Echota was perhaps the most famous of these lowlife acts. The jailing and death of Osceola, who was captured under a flag of truce, is just another mistake we will pay for when all debts come due.

Again, ANY improvement has to be better than what we have now with NK, right? Who knows, ping-pong helped China and us develop a much better relationship. Why not the wives sitting down and just talking about life?
10/2/17 5:37 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Kim is wrong because he is the aggressor who's threatening to use nukes. While I'm no fan of Trump and likely never will be, neither Trump nor any other sane POTUS would have ever had a reason to just say, "Hey, let's threaten to nuke North Korea." [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/2/17 7:39 pm

Post Smuggle in food and literature famousflavius
Smuggle in free food and literature to the starving masses. Air drop large supplies of M.R.E.s with weather balloons. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
10/7/17 9:13 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic