Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Have you ever even once prayed, "Lord, if it be Your will, save ________"?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Have you ever even once prayed, "Lord, if it be Your will, save ________"? Aaron Scott
Lots of people don't get saved. Lots of people don't get healed.

So can we assume, as some here do, that it must not be God's will to save or heal them?

Is not the scripture clear that if we lay hands on the sick, they SHALL recover? If that means (as some take it), "He didn't get healed in this life, but now that he has died, he is completely healed," then can we also claim that, "He didn't get saved in this life, but now that he has died, he is saved"?

Do we hold healing in a different light than salvation...perhaps because healing is kind of a binary situation--you either ARE or ARE NOT healed. But when it comes to salvation, we can kind of fudge a little and say, "Well, they still live like the devil, but the Lord is working on them"?

I am HONESTLY not trying to provoke a heated argument (which is often my wont, alas!), but to simply ask us to consider why we would suppose that it is ALWAYS God's will to save...but (apparently) not always God's will to heal.

When someone comes to our church and prays in the altar but doesn't really change, etc., is that not somewhat tantamount to someone getting prayer for healing, but nothing really changing? If so, then, just as many of us claim that it must not have been God's will to heal that person, can we also state that it must not have been God's will to save the other guy?

Please, no slap downs or cutting. I seriously want to know how we can deal with this seeming contrast in a thoughtful, reasonable, and Biblical manner.

Thanks.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/6/17 7:40 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is clear from Scripture that it is not always God's will to save an individual. (And I'm about as far away from Calvinism as can be, by the way). [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/6/17 10:20 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is also clear from Scripture, Reason and Experience that responding to an altar call doesn't necessarily mean someone got truly born again and converted. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/6/17 10:23 am

Post Quiet Wyatt... Aaron Scott
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It is clear from Scripture that it is not always God's will to save an individual. (And I'm about as far away from Calvinism as can be, by the way).

Will you expand on this? I am thinking that if God is not willing that any perish, then surely He at least WANTS everyone to be saved. Clearly, you see something different. I would appreciate you opening this up further.

Thank you.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/6/17 10:46 am

Post Here is just one example Quiet Wyatt
Jeremiah 11:6 NASB And the LORD said to me, “Proclaim all these words in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, saying, ‘Hear the words of this covenant and do them. 7‘For I solemnly warned your fathers in the day that I brought them up from the land of Egypt, even to this day, warning persistently, saying, “Listen to My voice.” 8‘Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but walked, each one, in the stubbornness of his evil heart; therefore I brought on them all the words of this covenant, which I commanded them to do, but they did not.’”

9 Then the LORD said to me, “A conspiracy has been found among the men of Judah and among the inhabitants of Jerusalem. 10“They have turned back to the iniquities of their ancestors who refused to hear My words, and they have gone after other gods to serve them; the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken My covenant which I made with their fathers.” 11Therefore thus says the LORD, “Behold I am bringing disaster on them which they will not be able to escape; though they will cry to Me, yet I will not listen to them. 12“Then the cities of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem will go and cry to the gods to whom they burn incense, but they surely will not save them in the time of their disaster. 13“For your gods are as many as your cities, O Judah; and as many as the streets of Jerusalem are the altars you have set up to the shameful thing, altars to burn incense to Baal.

14“Therefore do not pray for this people, nor lift up a cry or prayer for them; for I will not listen when they call to Me because of their disaster.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/6/17 12:20 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
1 John 5:14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
16If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. KJV

The above indicates that there some sins (or perhaps just one sin) for which it is useless to pray for someone who is committing it.

Mark 3:28 "Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; 29but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— 30because they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.” NASB

In the above, Jesus mentions a sin which there can never be forgiveness, so quite obviously, praying for the salvation of such a person would of course be pointless.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/6/17 12:33 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic