Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Witnessing Opportunity for Evacuees??? Need Ideas!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Witnessing Opportunity for Evacuees??? Need Ideas! Aaron Scott
In our small town of Jasper, Florida, located on 41 near the Georgia border, I saw more traffic than I have ever seen before here. The interstate being clogged, people are now streaming over the backroads.

It came to me that perhaps we could use this as a witnessing opportunity. We are limited on what we can do, but I was thinking if nothing else we could make some signs with Bible verses, etc. Or wave with a sign that says "We Are Praying for You, Florida Folks!" (or some such).

Any ideas we could use? (To hand out tracts might slow the traffic even further, so there's that.)
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/8/17 7:11 am

Post James 2:16 bonnie knox
...Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled...
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I don't know, Aaron. I'm glad you're thinking about opportunities. Maybe a sign with a facebook address that compiles a list of resources if there is someone who has the time to update it and oversee it? (just trying to brainstorm)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/8/17 7:44 am

Post Re: James 2:16 Aaron Scott
bonnie knox wrote:
...Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled...
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I don't know, Aaron. I'm glad you're thinking about opportunities. Maybe a sign with a facebook address that compiles a list of resources if there is someone who has the time to update it and oversee it? (just trying to brainstorm)

I know faith without works is dead, and I wish there was more we could do for them...but our town is sold out of water...and we have opened our church to the families of the area if they need a place to stay (many live in trailers).

At present I am seeing if I can get some signs quickly made that have verses of encouragement. That's about all we CAN do at this point, since these folks are only driving through.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/8/17 10:35 am

Post Minister to those traveling roughridercog
Set up along the route where you can and provide free coffee for weary travelers. Then talk with them and encourage them. Perhaps a prayer with them before departing.
9/8/17 4:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic