Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What I can share about Brother Swaggart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Resident Skeptic
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
I attended the GC in Anaheim, met up with a bunch of friends, sat in on the biz meetings & enjoyed the evening services.
Spoke with a man (whom I can't name) & he confirmed the Swaggart account. He also confirmed Sup Wood visited B.R. La & that the offer for a reinstatement had been sent to the La Network (District) offices for their approval.
I was told that most likely nothing will be decided until October if even then.

Thanks for sharing this. It jives with everything I have heard.
8/21/17 8:39 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Spoke with a man (whom I can't name).

Ummmm, an anonymous source huh? You ain't been correspondin with Perry have ya, Dean?

Perry who?

I simply didn't get his permission to use his name. But his name wasn't Perry

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/22/17 11:14 pm

Post So, I've been waiting for some time for our resident JS promoter brotherjames
To explain why Jimmy was not, is not and will never be reinstated to the AG. I know why and I know who stopped it. I will say that former Gen'l Supt George Wood was instrumental in trying to get Jimmy reinstated but as I said on this thread from the beginning, it was not happening. Jimmy is AG blood born and bred and wants to die AG but it can't probably happen and not sure why we would want him back.

Anyway, just never heard any more about this even though we were assured it was going to happen. I've been waiting...
Acts-celerater
11/10/17 4:46 pm

Post Re: So, I've been waiting for some time for our resident JS promoter Resident Skeptic
brotherjames wrote:
To explain why Jimmy was not, is not and will never be reinstated to the AG. I know why and I know who stopped it. I will say that former Gen'l Supt George Wood was instrumental in trying to get Jimmy reinstated but as I said on this thread from the beginning, it was not happening. Jimmy is AG blood born and bred and wants to die AG but it can't probably happen and not sure why we would want him back.

Anyway, just never heard any more about this even though we were assured it was going to happen. I've been waiting...

Brother Cyber-bully, Perhaps I should get in touch with your District office and file an official complaint about your false narrative and the way you disgrace the AG on this board. I've not promoted Swaggart and I did not start the story on this board. I don't care either way what happens and have not given it a thought in quite some time.

Why you continue to paint me as a liar is beyond me, especially after admitting I was right. It's like you have some weird obsession with me, like a stalker. By calling me a liar concerning Woods' meeting at JSM, you were calling AG minister Dr Don Paul Gray a liar, and a sectional Presbyter near Baton Rouge a liar. Perhaps you should ask your buddy Jason Stidham. He might know something. I do know J. Don George preached at JSM last Sunday and he is the one who set up the Woods meeting. Other than that, I have nothing more to say to you until you learn to address me with the same courtesy I'm sure you expect from others.

The fact that you claim to "know who stopped it" just shows your comment here was nothing but a personal taunt over something I had no personal stake in. I never said it was 100 % going to happen. I ACCURATELY said it was in the works. If it got stopped, who cares? I never found out how the story ended and did not care to. This is the first I have heard that it fell through. So you obviously were the one worked up about this as you are the one to continue a story I forgot about.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 11/10/17 8:44 pm; edited 5 times in total
Acts-dicted
11/10/17 7:56 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Quote:
8/5/2017
I still have not heard a word from the leaders I know. It might be a big secret but if it is there will be a huge challenge to it from many of us.

Ah, but now you claim to have some great insight to something you claimed was not even happening.

Quote:
8/8/2017
Especially since he sold the college to Auburn or one if the other colleges in LA some yrs ago for a heap of dollars.

Absolute babblings of a....... well...... The college is still in existence...in Baton Rouge. What an expert you are.

Quote:
8/11/2017
Except jimmy. If Wood was there, it was at JS's request. The AG moved on long ago. Fake news or non news. No one in Anaheim had heard about this, Only on Accelerate. Maybe a scoop? But who cares? Just our resident JSM insider or now outsider. Whatever.

Ah but now you admit that the story was true. So why are you still being so rude?

8/20/2017 poster Dan Steenburgh said...
Quote:
I attended the GC in Anaheim, met up with a bunch of friends, sat in on the biz meetings & enjoyed the evening services.
Spoke with a man (whom I can't name) & he confirmed the Swaggart account. He also confirmed Sup Wood visited B.R. La & that the offer for a reinstatement had been sent to the La Network (District) offices for their approval.
I was told that most likely nothing will be decided until October if even then.

But no apology from Brother James , even after a second witness corroborated my comments.

And now today....

Quote:
So, I've been waiting for some time for our resident JS promoter

Cite one time I "promoted" JS.

Quote:
To explain why Jimmy was not, is not and will never be reinstated to the AG. I know why and I know who stopped it.

So if you knew it got stopped, why have YOU waited until now to tell us? Why are asking ME for information?

Quote:
I will say that former Gen'l Supt George Wood was instrumental in trying to get Jimmy reinstated but as I said on this thread from the beginning, it was not happening.

But I was right. And when I brought up the Woods visit originally, you had no idea really how it would turn out. Somebody had to step in and block the invitation that was extended to Jimmy by the AG via it's General Superintendent. Either way, I was right.

Quote:
Jimmy is AG blood born and bred and wants to die AG but it can't probably happen and not sure why we would want him back.

I've explained what he told other people as to his reasoning. But you ignored my comments, preferring rather to discredit my claims or accuse me of "promoting" Jimmy. It's almost like you are jealous that I knew something you didn't.

Quote:

Another inaccurate, misleading...no...another LIE by you. The only thing that was said to be "assured" was that Woods wanted Jimmy back in and was working to make it happen, something you now admit.
11/10/17 8:20 pm

Post bonnie knox
Oh, man, I should have saved the part about the volcano, lol. Cool [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/10/17 9:06 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
Oh, man, I should have saved the part about the volcano, lol. Cool

Laughing Laughing

I thought better. It wasn't fair to the volcano.

James' real problem with me is my past Oneness affiliation.
11/10/17 9:16 pm

Post I do admit that initially I was not aware brotherjames
Of Woods going to Baton Rouge. You were correct. I never said he didn't go just that IF he did, it would not matter because there was NO way Jimmy was going to be reinstated no matter if George Woods wanted it or not. I guess I was correct.

J. Don George is the one who pushed this with George Woods and Jimmy. Jimmy is the one who instigated J. Don to approach Woods. Jimmy wants to die in the AG not out of it. I have compassion for the man and I forgive him for bashing us for 30 years but actions have consequences. The LA District said no to this and they were pushed by one person who represents a lot of others in the country who unequivocally do not want Swaggert back. That's what I have said from the get go. You can call me names and mock but I have been in the AG for several decades and been in it's leadership for much of that time in two districts. I know how things work. For a "spiritual " group sometimes we are very political. I know it and knew it when I responded to your done deal. And as to your Oneness beliefs, I certainly don't care if you choose to believe in "fairy tales.

Be blessed. I am.
Acts-celerater
11/11/17 10:19 am

Post Re: I do admit that initially I was not aware Resident Skeptic
brotherjames wrote:
Of Woods going to Baton Rouge. You were correct. I never said he didn't go just that IF he did, it would not matter because there was NO way Jimmy was going to be reinstated no matter if George Woods wanted it or not. I guess I was correct.

J. Don George is the one who pushed this with George Woods and Jimmy. Jimmy is the one who instigated J. Don to approach Woods. Jimmy wants to die in the AG not out of it. I have compassion for the man and I forgive him for bashing us for 30 years but actions have consequences. The LA District said no to this and they were pushed by one person who represents a lot of others in the country who unequivocally do not want Swaggert back. That's what I have said from the get go. You can call me names and mock but I have been in the AG for several decades and been in it's leadership for much of that time in two districts. I know how things work. For a "spiritual " group sometimes we are very political. I know it and knew it when I responded to your done deal. And as to your Oneness beliefs, I certainly don't care if you choose to believe in "fairy tales.

Be blessed. I am.

Again, needlessly rude and inaccurate in some of what you said. What I said was a "done deal" was the fact that the process was started and well on its way to being a reality, at a national level. I also made references to a possible block coming from the District. Alas though, you continue to defend your ego by doubling down here on your false assertions. Swaggart had allot of backing at a national level. The story I get from my sources in the LA district is that it was J Don who approached both Jimmy and Woods. Jimmy did not press him to do anything. (He's been pro-Jimmy since Jimmy was booted in 88. It amazes me he has not been disciplined by the AG for preaching at FWC on many occasions). And believe me, I am well connected with several LA sectional presbyters, and they let me know from the start they planned on blocking this if Jimmy would not submit to the normal line of questions for reinstatement after a moral dismissal. Gorman was required to do this, and it was quite uncomfortable. I cannot divulge all I know about that meeting as it could really open a huge can of worms. But apparently Jimmy wanted no part of enduring the type of scrutiny that Gorman went through. He wanted Springfield to ride rough-shod over the District. Some valiant sectional presbyters would have filed charges against Woods had that happened. Thank God they stood their ground.

I will say this. The timing of all this, as it related to my personal situation, was amazing. I did indeed have personal reasons for traveling to Baton Rouge back in August. There was a possibility, because of my own current academic pursuits, that I could be of use at my alma mater in a few months. But I needed to be able to feel comfortable about that decision. I needed to have many serious concerns placated. The fact that Springfield was even considering reinstating Jimmy was quite intriguing to me. My love and respect for the AG only enhanced that sense of intrigue and hopefulness. But I am a very cautious person. I can only ignore elephants in the room for so long. The information I gleaned from my LA sectional connections confirmed the lingering doubts I had. Believe me, my personal financial situation made the prospects of joining JSM quite appealing. But in the end, I could not do it. Apart from all of Swaggart's scandals there was another "elephant in the room" I kept bumping into, and that was the horrible way JSM treats its employees. I saw this back in the 80's and nothing has changed. In fact, it's worse than ever.

Gabriel Swaggart would have no problem getting AG credentials, but I doubt Mammaw would give her blessing.

As for the Oneness doctrine.....it's really Trinitarianism. If the UPCI self-styled itself as a Trinitarian organization, and changed nothing about their teaching on the Godhead, they'd be fully accepted in the Evangelical community.
11/11/17 10:52 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic