Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Does God make people sick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Let's not forget... bradfreeman
Daniel Rushing wrote:
He killed Ananias and Sapphira. Also, in 1 Cor. 11, Paul claims that taking the Eucharist unworthily results in the judgments of sickness and death.

I don't like it. But there's a lot of things about God I don't like.

You'll need to show me in the text where God killed Ananias and Sapphira.

Acts 5:3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land?...5 And as he heard these words, Ananias fell down and breathed his last; and great fear came over all who heard of it...10 And immediately she fell at his feet and breathed her last, and the young men came in and found her dead, and they carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 And great fear came over the whole church, and over all who heard of these things.

God doesn't give the spirit of fear, His perfect love casts it out. A heart full of Satan, the one who kills, will kill you.

As for 1 Cor 11 (this will be too brief), eating in an unworthy manner means failing to discern the body (that your judgment, sickness and death were visited on His broken body at the cross) is what leaves you under judgment, sickness and death. But when you discern that your judgment, sickness and death were nailed to the cross, you do not come into judgment, but pass out of death and into life.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
8/16/17 10:46 am

Post Link
Brad Freeman

In I Corinthians 11, there were those who ate and drank judgment on themselves. But the Lord also chastized.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

Emphasis in bold mine.

I don't see how your take on what not rightly discerning the Lord's body was first into Paul's writings on the body in this book.

You wrote,
Quote:
failing to discern the body (that your judgment, sickness and death were visited on His broken body at the cross)

But Paul doesn't correct them for not believing Jesus took sickness upon his body. One problem was that 'one is hungry, and another is drunken.' He told them to tarry for one another.

They gathered together to eat a meal, not just a token meal of a wafer at the end of a liturgical exercise. Paul referred to the Lord's Supper. Supper referred to the meal eaten toward the evening. It could be that the poor, including slaves, slipped out late after they got their work done. The rich may have eaten the bread and drunk the wine before the poor arrived. Paul told them to tarry for one another.

In chapter 10, the church is the bread, because they all partake of the one bread. He was talking about the bread and the cup, in reference to not partaking of the cup of the Lord and of the cup of devils, and of the table of the Lord and the table of devils. This was part of Paul's argument against eating and drinking in an idols temple, on the topic of meat offered to idols.

In chapter 11, Paul, quoting Christ, speaks of the bread being the body of Christ and the cup being the new testament in the blood of Christ. He warns about not rightly discerning the Lord's body.

But look many verses later in chapter 12. His readers are the body of Christ.

Consider the theme throughout the epistle. The church is the lump of dough that is not to be leavened in chapter 5. The church is the bread in chapter 10, because we all partake of the bread. The bread is the Lord's body in chapter 11. And the church is the body of Christ in chapter 12.

The bread is the church. The bread is the Lord's body. The church is the Lord's body.

We should consider this when we interpret 'not regarding the Lord's body.' Paul doesn't bring up the idea that people are not healed because they don't believe Jesus took on their illnesses in this book. He does warn about how certain believers were treating other believers.
8/25/17 9:59 am

Post God can make people sick for his purpose MI6
Ex 4:10-11
nd Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?

Deut 28:21-22 - The Lord shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it. The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

Num 12:4-11 And the Lord spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out. And the Lord came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth. And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses? And the anger of the Lord was kindled against them; and he departed. And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous. And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned.
KJV

Acts 12:20-23

20 And Herod was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon: but they came with one accord to him, and, having made Blastus the king's chamberlain their friend, desired peace; because their country was nourished by the king's country.

21 And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.

22 And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.

23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
KJV
Friendly Face
9/12/17 9:07 am

Post bradfreeman
Link wrote:

I don't see how your take on what not rightly discerning the Lord's body was first into Paul's writings on the body in this book.

I told you my answer was too short! Laughing

We are the body of Christ crucified (the bread broken). 1 Cor 10
We are the body of Christ glorified. 1 Cor 12

They were eating in chapter 11, without a body-consciousness. They were hogging the food, getting drunk and not waiting for each other to eat and share the meal as one. When we don't discern/believe that we were the broken bread/body - it was our death He died, our sickness and judgment that fell on Him - we don't access those aspects of redemption and experience sickness.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
9/13/17 2:25 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic