Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Actscelerate UNMASKING policy

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Actscelerate UNMASKING policy doyle
This is in response to a question Pastor Jackson asked about Actscelerate and our "unmasking" policy.

Any poster, using pen name or real name, who seeks to "out" the identity of any other poster by asking quesitons about it on the board, or by the private mail option provided by the board, faces immediate removal of access to the board.

When that happens, we first remove the particular post from the board until we can communicate with the poster. In some cases, a poster may not know of our policy. We welcome posters to share the policy with them and to notify us so the offending post can be removed rapidly.

Sometimes, a poster is simply trying to locate a friend, but at other times, as was the case recently, a poster who is no longer with us, was seeking someone's ID. Not acceptable.

Doyle

Last edited by doyle on 3/3/19 5:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
7/18/17 11:40 am

Post a question bonnie knox
If a poster who posts under a pen name is named in a lawsuit for something the poster said, do the administrators of Actscelerate have any hesitation in unmasking said poster to legal authorities? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/18/17 11:44 am

Post Re: a question Methocostal
I don't think the Board would have a choice in the matter. Even Journalists can go to jail for contempt in not providing a source. On second thought, yes they have a choice -- jail. I don't think that would be acceptable.

bonnie knox wrote:
If a poster who posts under a pen name is named in a lawsuit for something the poster said, do the administrators of Actscelerate have any hesitation in unmasking said poster to legal authorities?
Friendly Face
7/18/17 1:41 pm

Post Bonnie: My opinion, hat could run as a news story doyle
If one of our posters was officially cited to court in a civil trial for something vicious and or derogatory they said about someone else, the news story of the official inditement could certainly run here on Actscelerate.

There would need to be definite "attributed to" verification. For example, "According to the Atlanta Constitution, xyz has been cited to court for vicious
comments he made against another poster on an internet discussion board."

The "According to" protects anyone who would report such a story here on Actscelerate. And yes, people who trash others on the internet, are just as libel as those who do it in newspapers, magazines or on TV.

That's my opinion but as always, I'm open to the wise counsel of viewers who may be more versed in this subject.

Doyle

Last edited by doyle on 7/22/17 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
7/20/17 5:32 pm

Post Chicago27
Actscelerate doesn't know every poster. For example, I have had different names through the years and created a fake email. There is no way for them to know who I was. What they can do is turn over the info they have and let the authorities figure it out. Friendly Face
7/20/17 9:05 pm

Post Chicago 27 doyle
Thanks for making the point. There is no attempt on our part to ID any poster, and anyone else who attempts too, will not continue to have access.

Also, we have a very-well displayed policy which states that making personal attacks against others, is prohibited and unacceptable. However, it is certainly acceptable for posters to agree or disagree with each other.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
7/22/17 3:26 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
—.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 3/26/18 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
8/3/17 9:57 pm

Post bonnie knox
SouthFloridaman wrote:
Is this about a post that was locked and removed??

I don't think so. I think it was about a poster who posts under an anonymous who had said something about another poster. The second poster demanded to know who he was.

As far as the thread that was locked--it was moved to "Feature Presentations."
"From among the many thousands of posts found here on Actscelerate, a small number qualify for special notice. While not always receiving the most response, some of these Feature items deserve to be preserved for historic and or reference purposes."
Once threads are moved into that archive, they are "locked." Of course, you can still link to them, and if you want to continue a conversation about a topic in one of them, you can start a new thread on the main forum.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/4/17 7:07 am

Post Cojak
Chicago27 wrote:
Actscelerate doesn't know every poster. For example,.... What they can do is turn over the info they have and let the authorities figure it out.

Which to a good software dude would be a piece of cake. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/21/17 10:44 pm

Post Re: Bonnie: My opinion, hat could run as a news story Link
doyle wrote:

The "According to" protects anyone who would report such a story here on Actscelerate. And yes, people who trash others on the internet, are just as libel as those who do it in newspapers, magazines or on TV.

I think you are right. Those who do so are just as libel for liable.
11/6/17 12:13 pm

Post NewTimeUrbanPreacher
if the actscerate.com was sold to another owner, are there any user agreements or other methods to prevent a new owner from having access to a pen names profile, which could be used to identify her? New Member
8/3/18 5:03 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic