Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Soddy Daisy Prophet
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post audio bonnie knox
Btw, here is a link to the interview I mentioned earlier. It's a long interview, so I'm not necessarily recommending it--just throwing it out there if anyone is interested. (Also, I don't know if this is just because it's a different part of the country, but they are comfortable using words for excrement that we don't use on Acts.)
https://soundcloud.com/pastor-with-no-answers/81-part-2-mars-hill-speaks-w-tricia-wilkerson
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/1/17 5:04 pm

Post Link
bonnie knox wrote:
If that was the first time I had ever heard that, I might think it was clever. Alas and alack, it's just more eisegesis and foolishness.
You allow that they can be deacons, yet the same reasoning you use to claim women can't be bishops could be used to say they can't be deacons.
http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=66092

Charles Page wrote:
Yes, the Bible prohibits women from being an elder or Bishop. She can be an elder when she can be the husband of one wife.

There are requirements for deacons and also 'for their women.' There is no provision for women elders in these passages.
6/1/17 8:37 pm

Post bonnie knox
The point, Link, is that if you say the phrase "husband of one wife" means a bishop must be a man, you would have to say that it means the same for deacon. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/1/17 9:16 pm

Post Link
bonnie knox wrote:
The point, Link, is that if you say the phrase "husband of one wife" means a bishop must be a man, you would have to say that it means the same for deacon.

It does, but it does not mean that for 'their women.'
6/1/17 9:24 pm

Post bonnie knox
Link, you are not proving that woman are prohibited from being bishops by saying that. You are only proving that the phrase "husband of one wife" does not automatically exclude women.

Link wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
The point, Link, is that if you say the phrase "husband of one wife" means a bishop must be a man, you would have to say that it means the same for deacon.

It does, but it does not mean that for 'their women.'
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/1/17 9:27 pm

Post Charles Page
A woman who is a deacon needs to be the wife of one husband, same for evangelist and prophet. I take that to mean a woman cannot be a divorcee and hold an office. She can't be married to more than one man.

That fits in the context of elders and bishops being the husband of one wife.
6/2/17 6:43 am

Post bonnie knox
If a man's wife cheated on him, they divorced, and he remarried, is he married to more than one woman? Let's say the ex-wife then dies of cancer. Is he eligible to be an elder just because his ex-wife died of cancer?

(Of course, all that's a nice diversion from the point that the phrase "husband of one wife" does not automatically exclude women as we have shown from the phrase also being applied to deacons.)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/2/17 7:15 am

Post Charles Page
If he remarries while his wife is still living he is ineligible to be an elder/bishop. also if he marries a woman who has divorced and her husband is still living he is ineligible.

a rule for membership in the church is that if a divorce occured because of infidelity of the spouse then they are eligible for membership.
6/2/17 8:22 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
OK, let's just got to the core issue here.

How many "new seasons" can a person have before it disqualifies em fer ministry? 1? 5? 10?
Acts-pert Poster
6/2/17 1:50 pm

Post bonnie knox
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
OK, let's just got to the core issue here.

How many "new seasons" can a person have before it disqualifies em fer ministry? 1? 5? 10?

I do think it might depend on the circumstances, Ole Timer. I do not believe that a divorced person is automatically disqualified to be a pastor or elder or deacon just because he or she has been divorced. I think Paul was setting guidelines that required faithfulness in marriage, but given other parts of scripture, it doesn't seem to me that a person who has been cheated on and divorced or divorced against his or her will is automatically disqualified for leadership in church.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/2/17 2:15 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Charles Page wrote:
If he remarries while his wife is still living he is ineligible to be an elder/bishop. also if he marries a woman who has divorced and her husband is still living he is ineligible.

a rule for membership in the church is that if a divorce occured because of infidelity of the spouse then they are eligible for membership.

Suppose he does remarry while his ex is still alive, What is the penalty for doing this?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/2/17 3:32 pm

Post Charles Page
It will be 10 or 15 years till she could expect to be general overseer
6/2/17 4:56 pm

Post update Charles Page
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/soddy-daisy-tn/TUMR18S3S9TR8C2B1
6/20/17 12:15 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic