Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
@actscelerate Twitter  @actscelerate Facebook  @actscelerate Google+ 

Bible smuggling thread deleted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bible smuggling thread deleted Dave Dorsey
I deleted the thread about Bible smuggling. My apologies to those who had made thoughtful posts in that thread. Resident Skeptic, please feel free to repost your prayer request, with fewer details of course. I know you had updated your original post but many had already quoted it.

Posters may also feel free to continue the "debate" over the ethics of the actions in any of the threads on the subject that are currently open.

What a world we live in where people who proclaim to be followers of Christ look down their noses in judgment at a man who will very likely lay his life down in martyrdom in an effort to get the precious seed of God's Word to people who live under perpetual persecution. To those who would condemn a man willing to risk a tortuous death for the sake of giving the transformative, saving, life-changing, eternity-defining gift of God's word -- may the Lord reward you according to your works.
Acts-perienced Poster
6/17/17 9:40 am

Post Thank you Mat
Thank you for your responsible action of deleting the thread. The discussion on such issues may be valid, but throughout the world, especially in the Middle East and Asia, there is an increased risk to being a Christian. It does not help to give particular details that may lead to arrest, imprisonment, torture and execution via the internet. If someone can hack Sony or the CIA, they can search for information about mission efforts. It would be good to consult mission experts, such as denominational leaders or missionaries, before posting pictures or details about any ones ministry in other countries.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
6/17/17 9:54 am

Post Re: Bible smuggling thread deleted Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I deleted the thread about Bible smuggling. My apologies to those who had made thoughtful posts in that thread. Resident Skeptic, please feel free to repost your prayer request, with fewer details of course. I know you had updated your original post but many had already quoted it.

Posters may also feel free to continue the "debate" over the ethics of the actions in any of the threads on the subject that are currently open.

What a world we live in where people who proclaim to be followers of Christ look down their noses in judgment at a man who will very likely lay his life down in martyrdom in an effort to get the precious seed of God's Word to people who live under perpetual persecution. To those who would condemn a man willing to risk a tortuous death for the sake of giving the transformative, saving, life-changing, eternity-defining gift of God's word -- may the Lord reward you according to your works.

A great post, indeed. Of course , we must keep in mind that those who attacked the thread in question did so partially out of contempt for Donald Trump, and crazy and as twisted as that might seem. Had a known anti-Trumper posted the thread, I doubt those guys would have had much to say. It was amazing to watch their melt-down on a public forum. May God have mercy on their souls.
6/18/17 12:32 am

Post Charles Page
Donald Trump is like Rush Limbaugh he is hardly ever wrong about anything.
He is making America great again in spite the democrats attempts to bring America down to a third world country status.
6/18/17 9:31 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I really don't see the connection between politics and religion on this, RS.

You love Trump and zealously support basically anything he says or does. I absolutely can't stand Trump, and will never be a fan, primarily because of my conservative constitutionalist Christian viewpoint. Yet you and I are agreed that illegal Bible smuggling (into countries where it is illegal to distribute God's inspired word) is in fact heroic Christian service.

Charles Page sings Trump's praises virtually every chance he gets; c6thplayer, like me, cannot stand Trump. And yet both of them are quite condemnatory towards Bible smuggling.

Seems to be a wash on this issue.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 6/18/17 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-perienced Poster
6/18/17 9:40 am

Post Charles Page
A Malaysian FB friend ask me to FedEx him ten KJV bibles and I ordered them to my home address and then FedExed them to him. A stateside church sent me the money to cover the amount. The customs through FedEx sent me a bill for the customs charge which I paid. My friend got the Bibles for his small church.

It was all legal and ethical.
6/18/17 10:02 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I failed to see a problem with smuggling Bibles into a place that says having a Bible is illegal.

I remember the Lee Singers using their luggage to take Bibles to a communist country in the early 80s. I thought they were heroes.

Guess I don't know what makes a hero anymore. Evil or Very Mad
6/19/17 7:20 am

Post UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
I failed to see a problem with smuggling Bibles into a place that says having a Bible is illegal.

I remember the Lee Singers using their luggage to take Bibles to a communist country in the early 80s. I thought they were heroes.

Wow, I saw the thread that was started by RS, I replied because I didn't understand (thought I'd misunderstood at least). Then I took off a few days for important things, come back and looks like I missed a ruckus. Did someone copy it because I'd sure like to see what kind of place this is. It never occurred to me that people here would think that the martyrs deserved their fates for daring to disobey the law of man over the Great Commission.
Acts Enthusiast
6/19/17 9:31 am

Post And he had forgotten a key scripture as well brotherjames
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men Acts 5:29 Acts-celerater
6/19/17 9:51 am

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:

Wow, I saw the thread that was started by RS, I replied because I didn't understand (thought I'd misunderstood at least). Then I took off a few days for important things, come back and looks like I missed a ruckus. Did someone copy it because I'd sure like to see what kind of place this is. It never occurred to me that people here would think that the martyrs deserved their fates for daring to disobey the law of man over the Great Commission.

It seems the detractors' only problem is with smuggling the bibles themselves. They do not condemn Rahab the Harlot's deceitfulness in hiding the Hebrew spies, nor would they condemn Wycliffe and other translators for breaking the laws of their day. Somehow though, the act of carrying a bible into a country without the permission of that country's government is an act of unspeakable corruption and dishonesty. Of course one detractor really used this issue as an excuse to attack me over Trump, stating that nobody should be surprised that I would support the corrupt practice of bible-smuggling since I've been supporting a corrupt regime (paraphrase). So in the end, at least one of the detractors was really more concerned about having an excuse to launch a personal attack on me than actually having objections to bible smuggling.
6/19/17 10:36 am

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:

It seems the detractors' only problem is with smuggling the bibles themselves. They do not condemn Rahab the Harlot's deceitfulness in hiding the Hebrew spies, nor would they condemn Wycliffe and other translators for breaking the laws of their day. Somehow though, the act of carrying a bible into a country without the permission of that country's government is an act of unspeakable corruption and dishonesty. Of course one detractor really used this issue as an excuse to attack me over Trump, stating that nobody should be surprised that I would support the corrupt practice of bible-smuggling since I've been supporting a corrupt regime (paraphrase).
6/19/17 10:37 am

Post The COG Apostle
When Bibles are being smuggled, the laws that are being broken are laws of another country. Does that really count? Friendly Face
6/19/17 4:53 pm

Post Charles Page
When we are in other countries their laws don't apply to us because we are Americans.
6/19/17 8:04 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Charles Page wrote:
When we are in other countries their laws don't apply to us because we are Americans.

That's probably what Otto Warmbier thought, too.

Of course their laws apply to us in a foreign country. Because you are of another nationality doesn't mean you are exempt from following their laws. Just as American laws apply to foreigners when they are on our soil.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/19/17 10:02 pm

Post bonnie knox
Carolyn, I think Charles was playing the devil's advocate with that statement.
As far as Otto Warmbier, North Korea is barbaric and probably doesn't even care about their own laws. If the dictator decides to charge you with a crime, it probably doesn't matter what the laws actually are. What a shame that a young man of 22 is dead because he removed a banner from a wall! May God comfort his family.

Carolyn Smith wrote:
Charles Page wrote:

That's probably what Otto Warmbier thought, too.

Of course their laws apply to us in a foreign country. Because you are of another nationality doesn't mean you are exempt from following their laws. Just as American laws apply to foreigners when they are on our soil.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/20/17 7:58 am

Post Charles Page
If you are caught smuggling Bibles will the foreign country persecute or prosecute you? Will you suffer as a martyr or a law breaker?
6/20/17 9:47 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Charles Page wrote:
If you are caught smuggling Bibles will the foreign country persecute or prosecute you? Will you suffer as a martyr or a law breaker?

Yes
6/20/17 10:56 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is not a question of whether a country's laws apply to us or not, but instead, whether there can be any case in which man's law conflicts with God's law. If Christianity were made illegal, or owning a Bible were made illegal, in your country, whose law would you be bound to obey, man's or God's? Acts-perienced Poster
6/20/17 11:22 am

Post Charles Page
We would be bound to obey man's law considering Bible possession.
6/20/17 11:42 am

Post UncleJD
Charles Page wrote:
We would be bound to obey man's law considering Bible possession.

Wow. Seriously Doyle, this is a troll, you need to deal with it.
Acts Enthusiast
6/20/17 11:55 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic