Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Ministers from other denominations

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Ministers from other denominations COG Watcher
What are your thoughts on bringing ministers from sister denominations such as AG or PC of G into the COG, do we make them start at the bottom or equal to their previous level? Hey, DOC
6/15/17 10:40 pm

Post Re: Ministers from other denominations 2ndgeneration
COG Watcher wrote:
What are your thoughts on bringing ministers from sister denominations such as AG or PC of G into the COG, do we make them start at the bottom or equal to their previous level?

Any credentialed minister that comes to us from a sister organization such as those you have named are able to transfer over at the same level. They have to go through the application process and all that goes with it ending with the testing.

Last edited by 2ndgeneration on 6/17/17 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts Enthusiast
6/15/17 10:45 pm

Post Charles Page
The AG accepted my COG ordination and granted me equal credentials w/o questions.
6/16/17 8:41 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I transferred my credentials over from the AG to the CoG at the equivalent level (licensed) nearly 20 years ago. I did have to study a good bit to take the CoG credentialing test, especially on history and polity. I have several friends I've known who have done the same. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/17 9:47 am

Post 2nd generation COG Watcher
Is that something written somewhere? I only ask because a minister was recently hired by a pastor friend and when he contacted the regional AB about becoming credentialed in the CoG he was sent the paperwork for an exhorters license. When questioned the AB said that's how we do it. This man held the office of state youth director of a very large state in the west. I was baffled by the AB's response. Hey, DOC
6/16/17 4:54 pm

Post Re: 2nd generation 2ndgeneration
COG Watcher wrote:
Is that something written somewhere? I only ask because a minister was recently hired by a pastor friend and when he contacted the regional AB about becoming credentialed in the CoG he was sent the paperwork for an exhorters license. When questioned the AB said that's how we do it. This man held the office of state youth director of a very large state in the west. I was baffled by the AB's response.

Page 95, S IV, Paragraph 4 2016 Minutes

"4. All applicants for ministry shall serve as exhorters before making application for ordained minister certificate, except ordained ministers coming from other reputable organizations, licensed ministers of music, and ministers of Christian education (43rd A., 1950, p. 14 ; 50th A., 1964, p. 56)."
Acts Enthusiast
6/17/17 3:00 am

Post Once again you guys rock! COG Watcher
Thank you so much Hey, DOC
6/17/17 9:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic