Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I can tolerate a certain amount of spiritual ignorance, but
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Now you know! Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
I never realized sheesh was a euphemism for Jesus.

sheesh
(ʃiʃ)
interj.
(used to express exasperation).

[euphemistic shortening of Jesus]

Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

Miss Bonnie, is at Turabian, MLA or APA citation style. My gootness, we got a regular Rhodes scholar here. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
6/16/17 8:17 pm

Post bonnie knox
Hit's whatcha call cut-n-paste, Ole Timer, an I been cuttin an a pastin since first grade. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/17 9:44 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
Hit's whatcha call cut-n-paste, Ole Timer, an I been cuttin an a pastin since first grade.

Sounds like some preachers I know, they done cut-n-pasted a worthless sheepskin. Embarassed
Acts-pert Poster
6/16/17 11:34 pm

Post Re: I can tolerate a certain amount of spiritual ignorance, but Link
JLarry wrote:
I have been in Pentecostal churches all of my 67 years of life.

I cannot say I have seen it all but I have seen a lot. Gold dust, uncontrolled laughter, saw one man many times teaching a deaf person to say baby. Some things I don't understand so I choose not to judge. Once I was in a service where a missionary was speaking. She had a Spanish lady with her. Someone gave a message in tongues. I had the interpretation but someone beat me to it so I said nothing. The Spanish lady did not know me but walked across the sanctuary, walked up to me and asked if I had the interpretation, I said yes. She took me to the speaker and said this man has the interpretation and handed me the mike. Never saw it like that before or since. Different, yes but it was in order. I have seen the gifts misused many times, by Charismatics and traditional Pentecostals. I have been in services where everyone had a "word". I have known of those teaching how to prophesy.

If someone here can prove that Bill Johnson teaches grave sucking I will mark Johnson from my list. I have heard him speak, read one book. Love their music. But I will write him off if he teaches such nonsense. Like I said I can take some ignorance but I would draw the line there.

Yes I saw the video the man created but I did not see Johnson endorsing such nonsense.

There are some on Acts that are against everyone that is different. Well, mark me off because I am different. In fact I don't know anyone who is not different in some way.

Oh btw, I heard of a man following another everywhere he went. The older man tried to get him to leave him but he insisted in following saying, I want what you have. And he got it, in fact he got it times two. He would have been criticized if a few Acts posters had been around then.

I read an article about a year ago in which Bill Johnson responded to the grave sucking allegations and says he doesn't believe in it. He has said that their church can attract some unusual people, but he hasn't taught that or whatever.
6/17/17 3:08 am

Post Re: Bill Johnson Link
brotherjames wrote:
happens to be a friend of mine. I disagree with him and with Randy Clark over the idea of impartation. How can I give you something that is not mine to give? According to 1 Cor 12, the Holy Spirit gives out severally as HE wills. That said, In chaper 14 the Word encourages us to Desire even covet Spiritual gifts/ings. When Paul prayed and laid hands on Timothy, 2 Timothy 1:6 received the Holy Spirit and was prophesied over and told he would receive an anointing but it was the Holy Spirit who anointed Him.

Paul wrote to the Romans, 'that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, whereby ye may be established.'

It is possible to impart a charisma to someone else. But it does not happen apart from the work of the Spirit in the one doing the imparting. In another passage Paul wrote to Timothy, a gift was imparted through prophecy. Someone prophesied, while the elders laid hands on Timothy. But genuine prophecy comes from God, not someone just making it up.

If we believe the Bible, we should believe in imparting spiritual gifts. But like anything related to spiritual gifts, it is in accordance with the Spirit's will.
6/17/17 3:14 am

Post Re: I can tolerate a certain amount of spiritual ignorance, but Link
JLarry,

In that story in the OP, the other person who gave the interpretation gave something else, or the same thing?

I've never interpreted a tongue in the congregation. But I've met people who've experienced it where someone else beat them to it and said the same interpretation they were getting. Have you experienced that quite a bit?
6/17/17 3:15 am

Post Link brotherjames
My brother, you and I are on the same page. If whilst I am praying over someone, the Holy Spirit prophesies thru me that this person is going to receive the gift of healing, then certainly if that person receives it they shall have it. On the other hand, if I tell someone I am praying for they have just received a gift of healing but the Holy Spirit has not told me that, it is untrue. What does happen sometimes is that someone may be prophesied over about some impartation and whether it came from God or not, they believe the word spoken, and by faith receive it and then the Holy Spirit in response to their faith grants their desire for that Gift.
We agree.
Acts-celerater
6/17/17 7:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic