Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How to get back at telemarketers

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How to get back at telemarketers c6thplayer1
I have decided its time for war on telemarketers. Heres what I am doing.

1. I write down all of the numbers that call me.

2. On the computer I find Sweepstakes , Vacations , and other Entries that require phone numbers.

3. Input a bogus name and address + the telemarketers Phone number.

These people on the Entry sites will bug the who ever's number they get plus distribute or sell the numbers to other telemarketers.

The last number I got that was legit , I entered into 10 sweepstakes , 5 vacation bargains sites , and 2 other shady internet sites.

My next project will be to write a program that will access and automatically enter all the information on as many sites that I can find. Hopefully hundreds. If This works with minimal human interaction I will publish the program for free.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/12/17 9:30 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Great idea. I put a block on my cell phone when I get one but they change numbers so I have several blocked.

Just an additional reminder to everyone:: If you get a call and they ask, Can you hear me now? Don't say yes as it is a scam to record your voice and sign you or someone else for whatever. My husband saw it on tv and told me and that very day, I got a call. Now I let the voice mail get the calls if I don't recognize the person calling. I am on the "Do not call register" but somehow they still manage to get through.

I really like your idea.
Friendly Face
6/12/17 12:18 pm

Post C6th... Aaron Scott
Now THAT is a killer app.

I wish there was a website (maybe there is?) that, if you enter the telemarketing number, 5000 phones calls will be made (at least if it's toll-free).

The problem is that someone might enter MY number, etc.
6/12/17 2:33 pm

Post diakoneo
Now what was that girl's name in account services that keeps calling me?

Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/12/17 10:32 pm

Post Re: How to get back at telemarketers Link
Chances are the telemarketers are using autodialers, and if you call, you aren't going to get a person. You might get a menu.
6/13/17 9:40 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Telemarketers calling used to irritate me. If the call starts out as a recording, I just hang up on it. If it is a real live person talking to me, I interrupt their spiel and tell them, "No thanks. Not interested. Have a good day" and hang up. I do try to keep in mind that they are just doing their job, and probably don't enjoy cold-calling total strangers all day long, so I try not to be unkind to them. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/13/17 10:05 am

Post bonnie knox
If it's a live person, you can ask them to put you on their "do not call list." I'm not sure if that applies to charities, but for-profit businesses have to put you on the do not call list if you ask.
Unfortunately, that is not an option with the robots or scammers.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/13/17 11:20 am

Post I have a text response... Aaron Scott
it goes something like "I do not accept calls from numbers that do not identify themselves."

Boom.
6/13/17 11:46 am

Post Re: How to get back at telemarketers Methocostal
You are an EVIL man Smile I gotta try it:)

You could also, take their call, continue to ask questions, act really dumb (or not act and just be yourself.....lol) Tie up THEIR phone line. Hang on till they hang up. Look at it as public service. You may have just saved a gullible old person from being hoodwinked Smile

c6thplayer1 wrote:
I have decided its time for war on telemarketers. Heres what I am doing.

1. I write down all of the numbers that call me.

2. On the computer I find Sweepstakes , Vacations , and other Entries that require phone numbers.

3. Input a bogus name and address + the telemarketers Phone number.

These people on the Entry sites will bug the who ever's number they get plus distribute or sell the numbers to other telemarketers.

The last number I got that was legit , I entered into 10 sweepstakes , 5 vacation bargains sites , and 2 other shady internet sites.

My next project will be to write a program that will access and automatically enter all the information on as many sites that I can find. Hopefully hundreds. If This works with minimal human interaction I will publish the program for free.
Friendly Face
6/14/17 4:09 pm

Post georgiapath
I simply don't answer the phone, no need to waste their time nor mine. Acts-dicted
6/14/17 7:22 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic