Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Riverhills cog || Tampa, Fl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Like A Tree
You never know what can take place over Camp meetings and General Assembly. Things can change on a dime sometimes behind closed doors. Just pray the leaders have the where with all not to let things like this take place and realize how crooked this person is.

I suggest the good people at RH get to campmeeting and make sure they have plenty of time to seek out leadership and voice their concerns. I know that wont happen but I felt good giving that advise.

Laughing
6/11/17 10:38 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
All I am saying is the best course of action in turning Riverhills Around is city life taking on Riverhills as a multsite campus. It just makes sense it is the only option that could save Riverhills and stop the hemorrhaging of people and funds. City life plants a great leader with city life's name and reputation and that pastor stands a fighting chance of turning Riverhills around. At this point the people don't want to lose the church. There is extremely low confidence in leadership and Let's face it Cleveland and Florida state council I think it is the only choice of winning we have. My suggestion is keep the kids pastor and the youth pastor to steady the ship I have confidence that they can do the job under the right leadership. My intention is just save the church. Citylife maybe the only option the church has. Friendly Face
6/11/17 11:20 pm

Post Junejuly3.0
Considering how entrenched the church is you may be right Floridaman Member
6/12/17 2:12 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
SouthFloridaman wrote:
All I am saying is the best course of action in turning Riverhills Around is city life taking on Riverhills as a multsite campus. It just makes sense it is the only option that could save Riverhills and stop the hemorrhaging of people and funds. City life plants a great leader with city life's name and reputation and that pastor stands a fighting chance of turning Riverhills around. At this point the people don't want to lose the church. There is extremely low confidence in leadership and Let's face it Cleveland and Florida state council I think it is the only choice of winning we have. My suggestion is keep the kids pastor and the youth pastor to steady the ship I have confidence that they can do the job under the right leadership. My intention is just save the church. Citylife maybe the only option the church has.

Agreed. Time for some thinking outside the box.
6/12/17 8:16 pm

Post FLRon
SouthFloridaman wrote:
FLRon wrote:
Sometimes their has to be a major subtraction before any addition can happen. Sounds like the subtraction has happened, but there are times when it takes a complete implosion before the rebuild can begin.

Meanwhile, the faithful who have done so much to build the church are either ignored or kicked to the curb. Really, really sad.

FLRon The church has imploded they are literally running off of nothing but renters. They would be forclosed if building was not taken over by a school. And if this was a typical church of God leadership changes would have already happened, but is this a former official you have a numbers cover up where a Spanish Assemblies of God church was added in the count to make the situation seem better then it actually is. The church may or may not be paying reports we don't know there are plenty of ways around. If this was a different person in this church it would not be allowed and would be dealt with

Silly question, but why must these things be so difficult, and so dishonest? This is what happens when bad decisions are made and then more bad decisions are piled on top. The time to save this church was many years ago when it still had a fighting chance.

As I stated previously, the real damage is inflicted upon the hundreds who faithfully built that church and who are now forced to watch its death spiral. These scenarios remind me of why I left the COG for so long. Of course, now that I'm back what does that say about me?😙
6/13/17 11:19 am

Post Tom Sterbens
You know, all the drama in this thread suggesting the demise of Riverhills is due to some ubiquitous mysterious force of evil intent - is really misleading. The problem did not originate from beyond the walls of the church or some manipulative COG leadership forcing a pastor into a position.

For the last 20 years the Riverhills church and pastors council has had nearly exclusive influence on the pastoral selection and transition. That's a fact. At one point 7 or 8 years ago all 16 or 17 members of the church council were in a room together and were asked the question: "What is the vision of your church?" Not ONE could answer that question. I could go on.

So before you want to saddle up and ride your "COG Leadership" conspiracy theory much further - perhaps you can adjust the depth perception on it just a bit.

For what it's worth, I do think the recommendation in an earlier post about Riverhills becoming a potential extension of City Life is a brilliant option.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/14/17 9:20 am

Post Like A Tree
Hello Tom Sterbens,

I have met you several times in the years that you have been around in Florida and when you would visit RH. I think you are an honest man and I am in no way trying to come back at you personally.

If you read closely in all of my responses you would see that there are times that it was not all the COG leadership. I am not attacking or trying to mislead what has happen in the 100yrs RH has been alive. I know first hand what has happen in the last 14yrs.

Your remark about the council with the meeting about 7 years ago. I can totally see that happening. I know for a fact the few councilmen that were not yes men and always had the best interest for the church were removed before that meeting. So what was left were a lot of yes men and men who really couldn't see more than the existing moment. The sad thing about a lot of those men they jump ship and leave when it doesn't fit or benefit them any longer.

As far as the council and church as a whole making the decisions of pastors for that 14yr period of time, well a couple or few council men cannot control the whole body even if they see more than the average sheep.

It a mixture of many situations. Hurricanes, misleading of the congregation into making wrong decisions and state office throwing us people as well. With all that being said that is a lot of history but the current situation is not good. Things are being covered to protect the church and because of that the church is not really going to have a say in what is happening because the truth will hurt.

I will also go on record that I feel Bro Ivestor is a good Godly man and would not want to be in his shoes right now regarding all of this. Because of the last 14yrs is what has made this result with this current man as the pastor.

Meaning no disrespect to you Bro Sterbens and you are correct with some of your points but so much more went on in the church with in those 20years. A handful of councilmen and church members cannot make 1300 members see everything.
6/14/17 10:07 am

Post Tom Sterbens
Like A Tree wrote:

Meaning no disrespect to you Bro Sterbens and you are correct with some of your points but so much more went on in the church with in those 20years. A handful of councilmen and church members cannot make 1300 members see everything.

Thumb Up
6/14/17 12:15 pm

Post Tom Sterbens: You Appear To Be Very Close To The Situation At RH... Lonestar
You must be in the Tampa area -- or eastern Tennessee. Member
6/14/17 12:40 pm

Post Re: Tom Sterbens: You Appear To Be Very Close To The Situation At RH... Tom Sterbens
Lonestar wrote:
You must be in the Tampa area -- or eastern Tennessee.

Not close at all.
Haven't inquired at all.
Just had been involved historically.
6/14/17 4:40 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.