Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Riverhills cog || Tampa, Fl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post SouthFloridaman
It was just confirmed to me again by a different Sunday school teacher that rs being pastor of Riverhills is a done deal on the churchs side of things. All that is needed to confirm is state office. I can't believe this Ponzi scheme is going to be allowed to happen.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 6/8/17 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
6/8/17 2:53 pm

Post I have no dog in this hunt,but... FLRon
What is so hard to believe about this? When will people come to realize that when the organization determines to place their personal choice into the pastorate, it's a done deal?

Things are never as they seem on the surface. There's always an ulterior motive when dealing with these appointments. A long, long time ago I forever gave up in believing that the state offices really cared that God's man got the position. Seen and heard way too much to ever believe that again. Thanks to a former SO who has since graduated to the CO 18 I saw first hand how it really goes down.

Oh sure, they will tell you that they have sought God in the selection process,and I have no doubt that a few still do that. But you better believe that when push comes to shove, it's already been decided.

Best thing the great people in that church can do is pray, pray, and pray some more that in spite of the politics involved, God will ultimately prevail.
6/8/17 4:03 pm

Post Pastoral Appts Cojak
There has always been prayer and personal judgement in appointments. The old 'tale' about the pastor getting a call from the State Overseer that xyz church is open, it is a promotion. Let me know by tomorrow how you feel. He turns to his wife. "Honey, start packing. I am going to the office and pray about this."

It is not a ha ha type thing, but it has existed most of my life. Sure there are circumstances in 'Central Government' where the State Overseer has little say so, especially in the placing of Administrators who have 'timed out'. Most ministers I know will agree to that.

I am not sure God stands with his book assigning COG pastors to churches. I will admit at times it does seem some 'carnal' reasons do exist in an appointment. Those who 'expected' and appointment can easily find them. THAT STATEMENT IS GENERAL, AND IN NO WAY ADDRESSING THE ORIGINAL POST OR POSTER.

We all know that name and connections have for many years had a lot to do about who was appointed where. Even most Ordained Ministers vote for someone they know as the top men in the COG. It as done usually by the head not the heart.

Just my opinion. Circumventing or attempting to circumvent the standard process has happened for years, just not as flagrant as this situation is 'reported here'. Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/8/17 7:20 pm

Post Like A Tree
SouthFloridaman wrote:
It was just confirmed to me again by a different Sunday school teacher that rs being pastor of Riverhills is a done deal on the churchs side of things. All that is needed to confirm is state office. I can't believe this Ponzi scheme is going to be allowed to happen.

Soooooo was there an actual vote???? Did the council present him to the church for verification of a vote??????
6/8/17 9:52 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Like A Tree wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:

Soooooo was there an actual vote???? Did the council present him to the church for verification of a vote??????

No but leadership has been doing a massive purge of anyone not with program of secession or who has knowledge of what has happened. I just heard horror stories of 2 families forced from volunteer positions because they knew to much. (You can pm me to know what that means) it is literally like the Spanish Inquisition at riverhills right now. Most who have left are at Dan Dempsey church or have scattered to various congregations in Wesley chapel or Zephyrhills. They are operating with a convert or leave mentally. The only ones left are those that are dependent on the benevolent ministries of the church
Friendly Face
6/9/17 12:30 am

Post This needs repeating SouthFloridaman
The only real money coming in is from the renters not the congregation which has dwindled down to nothing. It is part of AW plan.

Plan: Make the COG give the church to his minister of music RS. Keep AW on a small salary to help coach RS. So Aw will get retirement and then a small salary on the side. I guess they will be paying the new childrens pastor salary with the money they get from not paying AW full time amount. It is all a shell game.

Yet AW will be making out ahead financially, and still have his claws in the church and RS will be handed a church because of this so called money/retirement/work deal.

If I did this I would be fired. But I guess if you get close to Cleveland they give you a free pass to do what you want.
Friendly Face
6/9/17 2:16 am

Post Like A Tree
No but leadership has been doing a massive purge of anyone not with program of secession or who has knowledge of what has happened. I just heard horror stories of 2 families forced from volunteer positions because they knew to much. (You can pm me to know what that means) it is literally like the Spanish Inquisition at riverhills right now. Most who have left are at Dan Dempsey church or have scattered to various congregations in Wesley chapel or Zephyrhills. They are operating with a convert or leave mentally. The only ones left are those that are dependent on the benevolent ministries of the church[/quote]

I know a lot live out in that direction, but if they could I would suggest everyone that wants something close to what Riverhills use to be they should give Plant City a try. I believe they are still a traditional church and have a lot going on. From what I can gather the new pastor and wife are awesome. Kind of like a Williams/Dempsey rolled up into one. atleast that is what I have heard.
6/9/17 8:03 am

Post Big question SouthFloridaman
Why does a pastor appointed by AW have to be pastor of Riverhills I remember before RS being pushed as pastor there was paul weaver who was being groomed to be pastor his dad pastors Thonotosassa Church of God. Paul's daddy is a GREAT man of God. I was always suspicious about AW pushing a hand picked successor because I am not convinced aw's motives were are entirely pure. Paul weaver would have haplessly been pushed into a mess. Friendly Face
6/9/17 12:52 pm

Post Junejuly3.0
https://youtu.be/-7Hg8odTZbA?t=9m49s
I have watched this tape and i would like to comment without saying too much. What you witnessed there was a big fat in your face moment. Showing that they have power. I know earlier there was a changed course of action but someone turned it. Why would the comment of the overseer approved it be included.
6/9/17 9:31 pm

Post Like A Tree
Yes, totally a Big Fat in your face moment. I would love to know really how true that statement of all the elders being 100% in agreement for this. I dont buy that at all.

I also can not believe that this council and elders are not looking and presenting a list of names to the congregation. I think it is so wrong for AW to be able to just place RS in the pastor position just to cover up things that have happened.

This is just sooooo wrong on soooo many levels. Things that are going on and the way people have been treated would not be happening in a real job. AW has so much to account for.
6/9/17 9:59 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
That was a Sunday or 2 before AW's announced intention to resign saying his wife was sick which is not on tape according to my family they purged/removed some elders shortly before that so I find it rather odd when My family asked AW's wife about being sick to show condolences they candidly said it is more than just me being sick and walked away.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 6/10/17 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
6/10/17 1:50 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
I asked my family why is there no uproar why is not one saying anything. Why is no one standing up. They said look at the crowd no one is left we have we have been ignored. We have stood up. THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 6/10/17 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
6/10/17 1:52 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
The Sunday this happened the man who runs the choir said we used to run over 1300 now we barely run 200. Friendly Face
6/10/17 2:07 pm

Post Cojak
SouthFloridaman wrote:
The Sunday this happened the man who runs the choir said we used to run over 1300 now we barely run 200.

From looking at history and several large churches that suffered major decline, it is unlikely RH will recover, especially if they have much debt. Sad

Our church in NC avg attendance 125-150 lost many members at one time. We dropped to 50. Once a new pastor came I thought (hoped) many good folk who had left would return, only a few did. The church is back to 100+ in attendance, but it is new folk, mostly from OTHER Churches in the area, not many 'converts', just members who cannot find the 'right fit'.

I cannot say much I have changed churches 3 times in the last 35 years. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/10/17 3:17 pm

Post Junejuly3.0
Delete Member
6/10/17 4:11 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
The plan was or the plan could be appoint a pastor because, at this point everything is very entrenched. which could work but would take a lot of outside funds. The other option is absorbing the congregation into city life as a multisite campus of CityLife. Maybe call it citylife Riverhills. I believe that to be the best course. that would make city life a powerhouse like Mount paran is in Atlanta. A Citylife Riverhills campus would bring credibility back and it is one of the churches with the best reputations in Tampa. It would also prove that the model of City life is repeatable. I believe JS current youth pastor and JW the kids pastor are salvageable they could be use to steady the boat in that transition if a city life absorbing Riverhills is possible. I have no doubt that the current kids pastor and youth pastor are great people and I believe they can can do a great job under the right leadership. I just don't believe Lead pastor AW and assistant pastor/ mom RS are capable of turning the ship around there is just way too much Dirt.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 6/11/17 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
6/10/17 4:15 pm

Post Junejuly3.0
Cojak wrote:
SouthFloridaman wrote:
The Sunday this happened the man who runs the choir said we used to run over 1300 now we barely run 200.

From looking at history and several large churches that suffered major decline, it is unlikely RH will recover, especially if they have much debt. Sad

Our church in NC avg attendance 125-150 lost many members at one time. We dropped to 50. Once a new pastor came I thought (hoped) many good folk who had left would return, only a few did. The church is back to 100+ in attendance, but it is new folk, mostly from OTHER Churches in the area, not many 'converts', just members who cannot find the 'right fit'.

I cannot say much I have changed churches 3 times in the last 35 years. Embarassed

Cojak that's not a bad percentage for a church that size. Riverhills has had an near almost 90% drop in attendance much worse and there are some details missing that the original poster may not know that is a bombshell. they maybe withholding to give save the church some grief. Considering what I understand this pastoral appointment issue is the small issue at riverhills.

Last edited by Junejuly3.0 on 6/11/17 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
6/11/17 8:19 am

Post Sometimes... FLRon
Sometimes their has to be a major subtraction before any addition can happen. Sounds like the subtraction has happened, but there are times when it takes a complete implosion before the rebuild can begin.

Meanwhile, the faithful who have done so much to build the church are either ignored or kicked to the curb. Really, really sad.
6/11/17 4:42 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
FLRon wrote:
Sometimes their has to be a major subtraction before any addition can happen. Sounds like the subtraction has happened, but there are times when it takes a complete implosion before the rebuild can begin.

Meanwhile, the faithful who have done so much to build the church are either ignored or kicked to the curb. Really, really sad.

FLRon The church has imploded they are literally running off of nothing but renters. They would be forclosed if building was not taken over by a school. And if this was a typical church of God leadership changes would have already happened, but is this a former official you have a numbers cover up where a Spanish Assemblies of God church was added in the count to make the situation seem better then it actually is. The church may or may not be paying reports we don't know there are plenty of ways around. If this was a different person in this church it would not be allowed and would be dealt with
Friendly Face
6/11/17 6:11 pm

Post Charles Page
Kaci Stewart's husband can turn that church around!
6/11/17 8:20 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.