Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Riverhills cog || Tampa, Fl
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Riverhills cog || Tampa, Fl SouthFloridaman
Any news on who is headed to Riverhills in Tampa? The pastor announced his intention to retire back in November and he is still in the church. Heard from family close to the news that he is staying in position till a staff member get some license. With Florida having testing coming up these next few months are looking like the time for leadership to make an announcement.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 4/12/17 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
3/30/17 2:39 am

Post SouthFloridaman
I figured Folks would want to know since our former overseer mark Williams once pastored this church. Friendly Face
3/30/17 9:05 am

Post Cojak
We visited RH once. Enjoyed the fellowship. I have an idea that the pastor and church know what is best for the health of the church.

We were worshiping with good friends from the distant past. They settled near by and love the church! good enough recommendation to us.

The change in pastors in the long ago, was usually not a big thing, a normal occurrence since folk were dedicated to a church congregation. That doesn't seem to be the case in the present day. If the pastor and church are a miss-match in goals, too many times a church deflates. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/30/17 10:01 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
We need to get the Riverhills appointment right. That much I can tell you.
3/30/17 10:30 am

Post SouthFloridaman
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
We need to get the Riverhills appointment right. That much I can tell you.

That needs repeating... my suggestions is they should allow people to submit applications through the ministry openings page on the COG website. I think then they would have a full list of applicants. Folks feel no one wants to go there and I don't think that is true in the slightest.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 3/30/17 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
3/30/17 10:55 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Who is pastor there now?
3/30/17 11:02 am

Post SouthFloridaman
Riverhills is pastored by Al wolever according to there website. if this church is no longer a predominately white congregation why not call our bothers and sisters up at the Florida cocoa office and see if they can suggest an African-American brother or see if we can out of the Tampa office find a Hispanic brother that can take this church forward. I would rather the church continue and be strong.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 3/30/17 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
3/30/17 11:13 am

Post Junejuly3.0
I know I for one would not want to pastor a church that an associate has been told he might be pastor. That associate would try and take me out if he is still on staff and did not get the job, and if some of the people are already expecting it yeesh.... Member
3/30/17 11:26 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
No disrespect to you brother, but, I doubt that would take place. It affects the Tithe on Tithe.

SouthFloridaman wrote:
Riverhills is pastored by Al wolever according to there website. if this church is no longer a predominately white congregation why not call our bothers and sisters up at the Florida cocoa office and see if they can suggest an African-American brother or see if we can out of the Tampa office find a Hispanic brother that can take this church forward. I would rather the church continue and be strong.
Friendly Face
3/30/17 4:16 pm

Post What is Tithe on tithe SouthFloridaman
is Tithe on Tithe back up. I know during 2016 it was N/R I know that is a tough position to be in. I will apologize if I am wrong all the info I have is the state website reports online and family saying they have a church renting and a school leasing the property during the week. Friendly Face
3/31/17 2:04 pm

Post Re: What is Tithe on tithe THE LOVE OF GOD
I didn't go to their website. I was just referring to in general not necessarily Riverhills. I know from previous knowledge that Spanish Churches report to their overseer, black to Cocoa office and of course, the rest to Tampa. I am sorry if anyone took it as personal to Riverhills. I know of the church but not the pastor or anything about it. I went to a conference there probably 10 years ago. I hate to hear of any church having problems. I know there is usually as many as 100 churches not reporting on time from the state and it seems to be the same ones all the time. There use to be a standard ruling that they could not make changes if there were reports and monies not up to date. I don't know if it is the same now. We have pastored small churches and had mortgages and other church expenses but always paid the T on T first. Sometimes, we didn't get a paycheck but felt it was important to tithe as we would expect our members to pay tithe.

SouthFloridaman wrote:
is Tithe on Tithe back up. I know during 2016 it was N/R I know that is a tough position to be in. I will apologize if I am wrong all the info I have is the state website reports online and family saying they have a church renting and a school leasing the property during the week.
Friendly Face
3/31/17 3:48 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
My family always found it odd that the church did not report most of the time but always had the money for airfare to send a staff member out of the country to Africa or South America and get the staff needed. I understand sweetheart deals for former mission reps, but it is getting unreal my home church would miss out on things much needed and these guys would be flying wherever enough is enough. No wonder Gracepointe in winterhaven, FL went independent. Is the assistant pastor becoming senior pastor to cover things up. And before folks think I am jumping to conclusions I have video from the churches website from back in November that can show that this guy is trying to be placed.

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 4/12/17 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
4/1/17 3:28 pm

Post auburntigerpastor
Bump New Member
4/3/17 1:00 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
https://youtu.be/-7Hg8odTZbA?t=9m49s I was asked to put that out

It is at It is 9:49 in the video
Friendly Face
4/3/17 1:14 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
Quote:
Dangerous New Trend: COG Pastors selecting their own successor

Maybe a trend. I was told by family that the mode of operation was that this associate was going to operate under pastor wolever then after a year he would inform the overseer that the assistant pastor has been pastoring the whole time and that the church would have issues if he is not placed. Afterwards wolever would be rewarded by the new pastor by keeping him on in a paid consultants role. (i.e. Pad income during retirement) I have an objection to that considering the shape of the church. That church is only one renter away from being insolvent. All is ok now but if the renting situation changes things will go south quick.
Friendly Face
4/12/17 11:23 am

Post What is the attendance at RH? MissTex
I remember back in the '90's when Dan Dempsey was pastor and Steve Allen served as the MOM, the church was running 1200 to 1500. New Member
4/12/17 2:23 pm

Post SouthFloridaman
A few years back the church went down to about 150 -175. now they are running around 200-300 but that is debatable considering they were counting a renting Spanish church they said was Church of God but was in reality a renting Assemblies of God church in the attendance. I wonder how that renter will affect attendance figures in the future since that was a nice number of attendees. Plus I hope they don't try to pad number with the Lee university campus choir concert a few sundays back.

Here is the church they are Assemblies of God http://facebook.com/nuevocomienzotampa/

Last edited by SouthFloridaman on 4/13/17 10:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Friendly Face
4/12/17 2:48 pm

Post What caused RH to nosedive? Lonestar
Very strong church with DD and MW. Member
4/12/17 5:36 pm

Post Pathetic... Randy Franklin
SouthFloridaman wrote:
A few years back the church went down to about 150 -175. now they are running around 200-300 but that is debatable considering they were counting a renting Spanish church they said was Church of God but was in reality a renting Assemblies of God church in the attendance. I wonder how that renter will affect attendance figures in the future since that was a nice number of attendees. Plus I hope they don't try to pad number with the Lee university campus choir concert a few sundays back.

I know Al Wolever. He is a good godly man. For you to question his integrity in this way is cowardly, classless, childish and outright sin. You should pray through or just shut up. It would probably be best if you did both.
Hey, DOC
4/12/17 8:56 pm

Post Integrity? Lonestar
Funny you would bring that up Revran. Member
4/12/17 11:22 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.